Her Life Before Me/Her Pain.

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A slightly larger chap since I wasn't able to update un Christmas nor New Year. Love you guys!!! And I'll read you soon..... (Hopefully) ^~^

Jadyn POV

—We can go home now —She said tightening the hug—. mommy.

 

I put my hands on her shoulders, pushed her back a bit and looked at her weirdly. Until I realized why she was able to bury her face on my chest.

 

“Ah! So that was it!”

 

I looked around ‘till I found what I was looking for. I walked to my objective, pick it up and clean it a bit.

 

—Here —I put her glasses on and patted her head—. Don’t lose them. —I turned her around and gave her a little push to the right direction—. Look who’s here.

 

Sarah turned around to look at me with the biggest grin I’ve never seen on her.

 

“How much cute this kid can be?”

 

—Can I?.

—Of course —I smiled at her—. Go hug your favorite aunt.

 

Sarah nodded and ran to my sister at the same time Clyde tackled me to the ground and started to check me up.

 

—You’re ok right? —He sounded concerned as he started to get his hands on my arms, legs, ribs and face—. Nothing broken? Bleeding? Missing?

—Don’t be silly —I pushed him off—. Even if I broke something —I stood up—. It’ll heal in a few seconds.

 

The scene I saw when I turned to look at Sarah wasn’t really what I expected it to be. Sarah was standing a meter away from my parents, my father was blocking her way to Stephie, he wasn't even looking at her, but, seeing the up and down of her shoulders was what hurt me and disappointed me the most.

 

I walked to her ignoring all the eyes that were in me, especially those cold eyes that I love the most. I pulled Sarah into a hug and she completely broke down in my arms. I turned to look at them, my parents, letting them know that I was furious at their rejection to their, somehow, granddaughter, who wasn’t the one to blame for what had happened.

 

—I understand, that you’re mad, disappointed even, at me for hiding or lying to you for all this years —I said in a cold tone—. But that doesn’t give you the right to treat her like she doesn’t mean something to you.

 

I signaled Clyde to come closer to us. I pulled away from my hug to Sarah and cleaned her face from tears and kissed her forehead.

 

—Why don’t you and Clyde go and clean the hideout —I said putting a lock of her hair behind her ear—. Make sure there is no one left there, hmmm?

—But… —She tried to protest but I smiled at her.

—Don’t worry, I’ll deal with them and then we can have that gun training you wanted.

—Can Auntie Fanny join us?

—Only if you do as I said —I said looking at Stephie, who nodded at Sarah.

 

Sarah nodded and left with Clyde, who squeezed my arm in form of support. They left and I turned to look at all the people there, behind of them were my grandparents who smiled and came to my side.

 

—How could do this to us —My father started—. To me!

—You might be my son —My Granny grabbed my hand—. But I won’t allow you to miss treat my grandchild and question her decisions.

—She destroyed our family! —He yelled at me more than to them.

—I--

—She was the one who saved our family —Pops interrupted me—. She was willing to lose her family, to be disowned, in order to save us, to do what you couldn’t do! —I flinched at his loud voice—. Even though you never give her to place she deserved, the love she always hoped you could give her. She alone saved our lives almost losing hers.

—I loved her —My father said stepping forward and I started to feel dizzy—. I’ve always gave her love and the place she deserved.

—No you didn’t —My mom said suddenly with a firm voice—. Or don’t you remember? You said she would never be part of our family —I barely could look at any of them since my vision was getting blurry—. Have you forgotten?

—Jad? —Granny said when she noticed I grabbed my head and backed off a few steps.

 

“Argh! Not now! Not in front of her!”

 

I continued to back off until my back hit the wall and I slid down. I pulled my legs to my chest, I knew I was losing it.

 

—Jadyn!? —My grandparents were suddenly kneeled by my side.

—Her pills! —My granny hollered—. Bring her pills! —She pushed my grandpa telling him to go—. RUN!

 

“But if there’s no choice……. then………”

 

—No —I said in a gasp grabbing my grandfather’s sleeve—. Let them see

—But Jadyn…. —My granny tried to protest.

—They won’t understand reasons if we try and talk to them —My gaze fell on the people watching us. My father still had a furious expression, my mother, on the other hand, had a worried expression, Stephie was worried too but, she wasn’t worried about what was happening, she knew all my truth—. Just let them see.

—Ok sweetheart —Pops nodded—. We’ll let them see.

—Without restrictions. —I demanded.

—Without restrictions —Granny agreed.

—She isn’t just going to show you why she took this decision —Pops said referring to me lying to them for years—. She’ll show you all she had to go through, from her childhood all the way to her adulthood, to keep this family safe and united —He grabbed my hand and kissed it before he kissed my forehead—. but one thing you must understand —He turned to look at them—. After this she won’t be the same.  

 

I closed my eyes and let them in into my memories, from the first day I used my abilities ‘till the day Clyde took me out the hospital, I gave them free access to every one of them, from the happy ones to the sad ones. I bared my soul to them, I allowed myself to be, for the first and last time, weak at their eyes. I allowed myself to let go of the happy and caring Jadyn I’ve been for a while now and let the dark and soulless Jadyn to take over.




 

Jessica POV   

Hearing that girl call Jadyn mommy made my heart to stop for a second, though I still don’t have a clear idea of who that Clyde guy is, I’m willing to wait for Jadyn to explain her reasons, to tell me her side of the story, because more than being mad, I’m happy to know she was, kind of, safe.

 

The fact that I just saw how someone died in front of me was minimal to the fact that, right at this moment, I was going to see/meet the real Jadyn. I was going to be able to see her life. She was going to let us read her like an open book and that scared me. I don’t know if I will be able to handle all of this, but there’s one thing I’m sure of……

 

“I’ll be by your side no matter what”

 

The scenery around us suddenly changed, we were standing in the side of a big backyard surrounded by pine trees and flowers, there was a pool in the middle and chairs at the side of the said, the house had a picture window overlooking the backyard, through it we could see part of the living room decorated with photo frames, a bookshelf (that went from the floor to the roof of the first floor), the walls were of a soft cream color making it seem more lighted than normal.

 

Two kids, from 5 or 4 years old maybe, came running from our side, the tallest one of them, I guessed was Jadyn, was wearing a cute pair of baby blue shorts, a white t-shirt, a pair of white moccasins and her hair was short, the other one was using a red floral dress and a pair of sandals, they went closer to the line of pines and sat with their legs closed facing each other.

 

—Are we going to do it again? — The girl with the red dress said.

—Yup, mom and dad aren’t home. —Little Jadyn said—. They took Stephie for a check up.

—Home alone?

—Home alone —Jadyn nodded—. Let’s do it.

—Ok.

 

The girl put her hands on each side of her legs barely touching the floor and Jadyn followed. They looked at each other and broke into a wide grin. Then we saw it, they were, what it seemed like, levitating.

 

—That was the first time they, successfully, lifted themselves from the ground —Granny Marie said looking at the girls—. They played around with the atoms and particles around them, making that —She signaled Jadyn and the girl with her head—. Possible.

—But how…? —I trailed off as I saw the two girls moving around slowly.

—It has always been science —Grandpa John answered—. Nothing out of this world.

 

We continued to observe them moving around the backyard with more confidence. They were now above the water touching it and splashing each other, but, suddenly Leah lost her concentration since Jadyn splashed water in her face and fell into the pool.

 

We moved closer, with fear written on our faces, to the pool at the same time Jadyn let herself to fall into the pool and swim to get Leah out, since she seemed to not to know how to swim. Jadyn emerged from the water pulling Leah with her and guiding her to the steps on the side of the pool.

 

—Leah! —Jadyn shook her once they were out—. Le!

—I’m ok —The girl, Leah, said coughing—. Don’t worry.

—I’m so sorry —Jadyn looked down—. I shouldn’t have do that.

—I’m fine J —Leah smiled but then frowned—. Oh no.

—Wha--

—Jadyn! —Someone yelled.

 

We turned around to see Jadyn’s dad with a hard look on his face, her mom was more worried than mad, her granny was holding baby Tiffany and her grandpa had a surprised and at the same time proud look on his face.

 

—Hi —Jadyn reluctantly.

—Hi aunt Jade —Leah followed.

—Oh, you scared me! —She cupped their faces on each hand—. What happened?    

—Well, I…. —Jadyn started.

—Um,  it’s sort of a long-- —Leah interrupted her—. it’s involved--, because what happened, it was a weird--

—What happened? —Jadyn’s dad asked with a cold tone.

—It was my fault, dad —Jadyn stepped forward putting Leah behind her.

—Jadyn! —Her mom exclaimed.

—We were playing, and well, I’m sorry dad —Jadyn tried to take his hand but he move it away.

—You almost killed her! —Mr Cross yelled at her.

—But it was an accident! —Jadyn defended.

—She’s only a child —Her mom intervened.

—That’s no excuse, Jade, you can’t keep defending her. —He turned to his wife.

—But she’ll learn. —She replied hugging Jadyn and Leah.

—She will never learn —Mr Cross was beyond mad—. She can’t learn to be one of us.

—Because you never give her a chance.

—Give her a chance? —Mr Cross questioned—. Jade look at her —He signaled her—. She will never be normal.

—Alec! —Jadyn pusher her mother’s arms and ran to the house—. Jadyn!

 

The scenery suddenly changed and we were in a big room with metal walls, not a window to be seen, illuminated by the big lights hanging from the ceiling. The door suddenly opened and a six year old Jadyn came in followed by a boy, who seemed to be her age, and around six or seven guys dressed in black.

 

Jadyn and the boy walked to one side of the room and that was when we noticed the cuffs in their wrists and ankles. The other people stood in front of them with their hands behind their backs. The door opened again and this time a girl, same age as them, entered and walked to where they were, she was cuffed too. The newcomer and Jadyn exchanged looks and then the girl stood beside the boy.

 

The door opened again revealing two women and a man dressed in white. They looked at the three kids. The man nodded and one of the women, the one standing close to the door, whispered something to the one in the middle, she, the last woman, signaled one of the guys behind them to come forward.

 

—Take them to the test room —She said not taking her eyes off the kids—. Make sure our staff doesn’t leave anything out —She narrowed her eyes as she saw Jadyn turning her hands into fists—. And give the Cross kid the special treatment.

—Will do, ma’am —The guy said and nodded to the other people to the kids out.

 

The scenery changed once again, this time we were on a room with three bunkers. Jadyn, the girl, and the boy came in, with their hands still cuffed. A man walked to them and took the cuffs off, he looked at them and then left the room closing the door behind him. We heard the lock and then the girl threw herself to Jadyn, who caught her with open arms, and started to sob.

 

—We’ll be fine Leah —Jadyn said caressing Leah’s hair—. I’ll be always by your side, —She turned to the boy—. I’ll be by your side too Clyde, I won’t let them hurt you, any of you, I swear.

 

After that everything were just pieces of her memory and little moments played like a video, the most cruel video ever made. Most of them were of Jadyn during her training,  she was being beat up and tortured and about a girl called Lily who joined her and the other two in their training, curios thing was that she seemed to be “normal” she didn’t had any sort of “mental” abilities, they soon became inseparable.

 

After the memories of her training ended Jadyn, in her memory, was 10. Then we saw her hiding behind a car on her first mission, by her side were Leah, Lily and Clyde, but what caught my attention were her eyes. The light that used to be on them was no longer there, her eyes were lifeless, emotionless, and dark.

 

We saw her mercilessly killing people sometimes she would be smirking or smiling, as if she was enjoying what she was doing, when she stabbed them or snapped their necks with her own bare hands.

 

Then it came, I don’t know how did I forgot about it, the day I met the Cross-Hwang family. Everyone was there, from the GG current members to their parents, BoA-sunbaenim, the TVXQ members (Yunho and Changmin), and last but not least Lee Sooman-seonsaengnim.

 

There wasn’t so much to see, everything was us as kids running around playing with each other, except for Jadyn who was apart from us. BoA-sunbaenim was seated beside her but none of them were talking, though BoA-sunbaenim was holding Jadyn’s hand while Jadyn was watching the every move of me as a kid.

 

Then it hit me, like a rock, the day she came to her apartment drunk and told me the beating of her heart increased by just thinking of me……… Like it did the first time she saw me 17 years ago.

 

“So this is what you meant…… But why don’t I remember the first time we saw each other?”

 

An explosion was heard and us, as kids, started to scream of fear. Jadyn came to us, to Tiffany to be more specific, and told us to duck and don’t move. She then went inside the house, where the explosion took place, and we saw her holding her gun and started to shoot the intruders without even blinking.

 

More people showed up, allies apparently, and started to clean the place. Mr. and Mrs. Cross as well the rest of the parents and the kids where still ducking trying to gather courage to stand up and face the reality of what had just happened.

 

Three kids, with masks, came and stood in front of Jadyn, who told them something, and then turned to us. After every dead body was out the house and the place was cleaned, everyone stood up and acted as if an explosion and a massacre didn’t happened at all. Jadyn was looking at my kid-self and I understood she did something for our sake.

 

—She erased your memories —Grandma Marie suddenly said to all of us—. She didn’t wanted any of you to have that kind of trauma. —She continued after she took Tiffany’s and my hand—. So she, with Leah’s and Clyde’s help, erased all memory of that day.

—Is that why we don’t remember meeting each other before we became trainees? —Taeyeon talked for the first time since we got here, wherever here was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter