Proud of You

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

—You’re awake —I cried as Tiff and I rushed to Jadyn’s side—. I-I thought……. Kate said…..

—I’m fine —she smiled and then frowned—. My throat is a bit dry, would you mind….  

 

Jadyn was interrupted by Tiffany who put a cup of water with a straw close to Jadyn’s lips. Tiffany wasn’t even looking at her sister, maybe she was still feeling guilty for what she did. Jadyn looked at her with sad eyes as she took a sip of water, she then thanked her. Tiffany nodded and put the cup down on the nightstand beside Jadyn’s bed.

 

I knew they had a lot of stuff to talk about as I saw Tiffany looking at the floor while playing with her fingers, biting her lip and containing her tears. Jadyn was looking at her trying to say something but nothing came out. I decided to give them some time alone since I had a feeling they would be more comfortable if they talked privately.

 

—I’ll go get your parents —I said getting Jadyn’s attention for a moment—. And the others, so they can check up on you.

 

Jadyn smiled a bit and nodded and then looked back at Tiffany. I slowly walked backwards and then turned around and opened the door. I looked at them one last time and sighed.

 

”This gonna take long” I thought and exited the room.



 

Tiffany POV

I couldn’t looked at her, I was still feeling guilty for disappointing my sister, for not being able to find another to solution our past problem. I wanted to talk to her but I just couldn’t. I hated the fact that I wasn’t strong enough to help Jessi. I wasn’t strong enough to make my sister proud, to show her how much I’ve grown up.

 

—Stephie….? —My heart clenched when I heard her said my name—. Look at me.

 

I shook my head kepping my eyes on the floor, this time I let my tears to fall freely.

 

—Look at me please —her voice was so soft and full of love that I looked at her. She smiled a bit when she saw me looking up and she patted the mattress and slowly moved back and ended on her side.

 

I walked to her side and laid down on the bed on my side. I sobbed hard when she put her casted arm under my head before it touched the pillow and passed her good arm by my waist pulling me towards her. I buried my face on her neck and cried. We stood there for a while, we had our legs tangled, her arms were still around me and I had mines grabbing her gown, her cheek was on my temple and I still had my face on her neck.

 

—I’m so sorry —my voice broke.

—What for? —she whispered.

—For not being able to protect Jessi —I started crying again—. For disappointing you. I wanted to make you proud but I failed.

—Don’t apologize for something that was out of your hands —she rubbed my back—. You had never disappointed me —she kissed my temple and continued—. I am proud of you, I’ll always be proud of my Stephie.

 

My grip on her gown tightened as I cried loudly. Jadyn also tightened her arms pulling me closer.

 

—Come stop your crying, It’ll all be alright, just take my hand, hold it tight, I will protect you, from all around you, I will be here, don't you cry. —She started singing and I calmed myself down as I recognized the song—.  For one so small, you seem so strong, my arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm, this bond between us, can't be broken, I will be here, don't you cry. —She kissed my temple again and continued—. 'Cause you'll be in my heart. yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more.

 

—I remember that song —I said while closing my eyes.           

—You do?

—You used to sing it to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter