A Sister!?

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jadyn POV

 

—Jadyn! Jadyn! Jadyn! —Jessica gasped as I saw me laying on the ground and her running to my side.

 

The brain is the human body's most mysterious organ.

It learns...

It changes...

It adapts.

It tells us what we see...

What we hear.

It lets us feel love. I think it holds our soul.

 

—Jadyn! Oh, Jadyn! Help! Help! Somebody, call 1-1-9! Help! —she started screaming as she reached my side.

—Oh! Oh, no. What should we… —said a man who was close to where we were.

—Go! Help me! Help! I need an ambulance...

 

But now matter how much research we do…

No one can really say how all the delicate gray matter inside our skull works.

And when it's hurt...

when the human brain is traumatized...

Well...  that's when it gets even more mysterious.

 

 

 

X POV

 

—What the hell happened? —Ryung asked as soon as he saw Vida, Gabe, Mike, Luca and Kate on the emergency entrance.

—Car versus car. That's all we know. —said Gabe

—And her injuries? What... and Jessica?

—We don't know yet. —Replied Mike.

—Well, why the... why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown.  —Ryung said to one of the residents—. Vida, you're in charge.

—All right, everyone. Multiple blunt trauma protocol. —Vida said.

—Let's go. —Said Luca when the ambulance stopped right in front of us

—Tachycardic and hypotensive en route. Obvious head and chest injuries. —The paramedic told them while they were taking Jadyn out the ambulance.

—What?

—Ranit means... means music. —Jadyn said whimpering.

—Oh, j ... uh, honey, we're gonna fix you up just fine. Don't you worry. —Kate said caressing Jadyn’s hair.

—Jadyn? Jadyn. —Ryung called at her—. We've got you, you hear me? Everything is gonna be okay.

 


 

Jessica POV

 

I’ve been waiting for someone to tell me how Jadyn was for hours, but nobody said anything. I called her parents and my parents as soon as Ryung took her to the O.R. Vida, Gabe, Mike, and Luca were with him which I didn’t understand why.

 

—She’s going to be fine —said Mr. Cross putting his hand on my shoulder—. She’s strong, my baby girl has always been the strongest one.

 

I just nodded, I couldn’t even talk because I knew that I would breakdown right there. Soon a woman, a couple years older than me, walked out the doors that led to the O.R.

 

—Kate —said Mrs. Cross—. How is she.

—She out of danger —said woman—. She was hemorrhaging when she got here.

—My God —Gasped my mom.

—She was bleeding out but we managed to control it —said Kate grabbing Mrs. Cross hand—. She had a hole in her heart so we had to put her on bypass to fix it. She also suffered massive head trauma. Ryung fixed all the bleeders he saw, but... She could have permanent neurological damage. She may not come back.

—What if they repair the damage in her body? —my dad asked.

—Even if they manage to save her body, her brain may not come back. —said Kate with sad eyes.



 

 

Ryung POV

 

It has been two days since Jadyn’s accident, we did everything we could but the damage was so severe, today I was

going to check on her to see her progress.

 

—Jadyn. Jadyn —I said while looking at her—.I know it hurts. But we're going to lower your sedation and check on your neuro function. Don't fight the intubation. This won't take long. Can you follow me with your eyes? With your eyes, okay? —I asked but she didn’t move—. Can you squeeze my hand? What about one finger? Can you move one finger? —I sighed when didn’t responded—. Put her under again.

 

I walked out Jadyn’s room in the I.C.U and went to look for her parents which I found talking with Kate, Jessica and Mrs. and Mr. Jung.

 

—How is she? —asked Mr. Cross

—It's too soon to tell anything.

—She didn't respond? —Now asked Mrs. Cross

—She opened her eyes and, um ... Look, it's just too soon to tell.

—Ryung, did she follow commands? —Mr. Cross asked serious and I just shaked my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter