'Always' Sometimes Is Not Possible

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

—Where is she?

 

I have been waiting for Jadyn to get here for about 30min. The worry started to grow and I wasn’t able to stop wondering, what if something went wrong? What if what she said wasn’t true? What if she hasn’t wake up? What if she never wakes up? The what if’s were endless and the fear of losing her was inevitable.

 

When hope seems lost down and lowly,~

I am here with you always~

 

The sound of my phone stopped my train of thoughts, but it also made me remember the meaning of the ringtone I have.

 

Flashback

 

I was four when Jadyn left for her first mission. I remember I cried for two whole days, not because I understood the real danger she’ll have to go through. I cried because if she was gone then nobody would play with me, I was a four year old toddler my priorities were play, eat, play some more, and sleep.

 

—Unnie has to go Stephie —she cooed kneeled infront of me.

—But I want unnie to play with me —I said rubbing my nose.

—And unnie will play with you —A smile started to appear on my face but soon disappeared when she finished talking—. When I come back we’ll play everything you want.

—NO! —I yelled stomping my feet—. I want unnie to play with me now!

—Stephie —She hugged me and the tears started to pile up in my eyes—. You have to understand unnie needs to go so Stephie is safe.

 

I remember she slept in my room those two days, she hugged me and caressed my hair in an attempt to calm me down, but I just wanted her to stay.

 

—Please don’t go —I said clinging to her pj t-shirt—. I promise to be a good girl and eat all my veggies, even that little green tree--

—Broccoli? —She interrupted me pulling me closer to her.

—Yeah that —I lifted my head to look at her face—. But please stay with me?

—You remember when you came running to my room, crying and told me there was a monster in you closet?

—I do —I tilted my head in confusion.

—And you remember I slept with my back resting on your closet’s door? —I nodded and she pulled me into hug again—. Do you know why I did that?

—So the monster wouldn’t get me —I said putting my arms around her waist.

—The reason why I have to go is the same —she kissed my head—. Unnie has to go so she can protect Stephie from the monsters.

—But what if they hurt unnie.

—Say, do you love unnie? —She asked parting the hug a bit.

—Of course I do! —I said loud—. I love unnie very very very very very much!  

—Then the monsters can’t hurt unnie —She said smiling wide at me.

 

I remember the day she had to go, I cried again in her arms as she was saying goodbye to me. I couldn’t help but to be worried Spooky, the monster that used to live in my closet, could hurt my unnie.

 

—Do you really have to go? —I tried my luck one last time.

—Remember what I told you? —she asked softly.

—Unnie has to go so she can protect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter