028

365 Reasons Why
 The way you put your arms around me

Remember when I told you that with you I can be myself; when I told you how I don’t have to act brave when I’m with you? I don’t really have to act brave anymore because, whenever I’m with you I know that I have nothing to fear. Each time you would wrap your arms around me; I’d feel secured. I feel safe with your arms around me; your arms that would me my fortress whenever I’d feel scared. Your strong arms assure me that when I have you holding me, nothing will ever come my way. Your arms that would hold me together whenever I feel like crumbling down. The way that your arms around me would always feel warm and inviting. I honestly cannot imagine my life without you Minseokie. I don’t think I’ll be able to last a day knowing that your arms win’t be there to catch me anymore if ever I’d fall. Just that by knowing that I can always go back into your arms at the end of the day, it makes me feel like I can face anything that comes my way.

 

“Luhan, are you okay?” I heard you ask from somewhere beside me.

I could barely nod. I wanted to assure you that I would be able to get through it and that you didn’t have to worry about it too much but it was a rather uncomfortable flight. There was a storm heading our way and the plane had been experiencing turbulence since we took off. My eyes were screwed tight, trying to ignore the terrible shaking the plane was going through. The captain had assured us that there was nothing to be worried about but I was still terrified.

“Luhan, please open your eyes and look at me.” I felt your hands pressing against the sides of my face as you pressed your forehead against mine. I slowly opened my eyes and found your eyes staring deeply into mine, gaze laced with concern, forcing my gaze locked on yours.

“Luhan, I need you open your hands, please.”

Only then did I notice that I had closed my fist so tight that I could feel my fingernails digging against my palms and my knuckles had already turned white.

“Minseok --- I---“ I wasn’t able to finish what I was saying; I was already having a hard time breathing.

Immediately, you pulled up the armrest separating our two seats and scooted closer to me, wrapping your arms around my waist and pulling me against your chest. “It’s going to be okay Luhan, come on deep breaths.”

I clung on to the front of your shirt, pulling you closer to me, if that was even possible and trying to time my breathing with your heartbeat. I instantly felt calmer as I took in your familiar scent and the slow and steady beating of your heart.

“Feeling better?” I heard you ask.

This time, I had managed a nod, still clinging onto you but feeling infinitely better.

“Stay like this for a while, at least until you’ve calm down. We don’t want you hyperventilating on a plane right now.” You whispered, hands running up and down my back.

“Thank you.” I let out a soft whisper, closing my eyes once again, this time enjoying the feeling and letting your heartbeat lull myself to sleep.

 

 
 
 

 

layout by dream_keeper88