001

365 Reasons Why
The way I can be myself
Remember the time when we entered the haunted house? I couldn’t have forgotten it even if I wanted to. Though it may be because I really was dead scared at that time but it wasn’t the only reason, why it was memorable for me. It was because it was during that day did I learn that being with you, I didn’t have to pretend to be anyone else. 

“Luhan, are you sure you’re alright?” Our manager asked me of the hundredth time that night as we finished filming for EXO Showtime and started getting on the van which was going to take us back to the dorm.

As usual, I nodded muttered the usual “I’m fine” and flashed a small, albeit forced, smile to reassure them.

Still shaking, I sat at the very back of the van, hoping that no one will notice that I was still unsettled from our haunted house experience. I closed my eyes and willed my heart to slow down as I took deep breaths to even out my breathing. I was still a bit jumpy that time, almost jumping out of my skin when I suddenly felt someone laid their hand on me.

I opened my eyes, expecting to see Baekhyun or Chanyeol messing with me again but I was taken aback when I saw your face laced with concern.

“Luhan, are you really okay?” You asked.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Honestly? No.” I admitted.

You chuckled. “Figures.”

I half-expected you to make fun of me; to laugh at how scared I was, but instead I felt you shift closer to and wrapped your arm around my waist. “Come here you.” Instinctively, I leaned in and buried my face against your chest.

“You don’t have to pretend you know. I don’t mind that you’re scared.” You whispered against my hair.

“I know, I just thought I’d keep acting manly and all, being a part of EXO.” I whispered back, inhaling your scent. “And I wanted to show you that I’m not afraid of anything.”

Your hand went up to my face, rubbing my cheeks gently, and then lifting my chin so my eyes would meet yours.

“Luhan, you don’t have to pretend to be anyone else when you’re with me. I love you no matter who you are.” You said, holding me tighter. “Just be who you are.”

“Thank you Minseok. I love you.”

“I love you too Luhan.”

I don’t know if the reason why you did that was because you realized that I was shaking in fear, or that I was close to tears, or whatever it was that made you approach me but at that moment, I felt safe. The way you hugged me made me feel that nothing matters that moment. Your warmth made me feel like nothing will ever go wrong. The way you stood by me, it felt assuring.  It was in that moment what I felt; I don’t have to put on that mask of bravery when I’m with you. I can just be myself. And that is the first reason why I love you.  
 
 
 

 

 

layout by dream_keeper88