➊ Melancholies

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Melancholies

 

 

 

3 days after the incident, Krystal's Della was not stable as her emotions were all over the place once agin. She even lost her appetite and a lot of weight. She had to take the pills everyday and more often, given by Joowon which calmed her down but one of the side effects were melancholies which brought her to depression. She could not touch anyone as she knew she would hurt them. Despite all the nightmares she had been having for the past few days, she was still worried about Sam. Not a single call or text message was sent to her. The last time she held her phone was when she was checking whether there were any missed calls, she held it a bit too hard which made it bend and break into two pieces. Even though she was in her room and lying on a comfortable bed, she still couldn't close her eyes and sleep peacefully because most of the time the unpleasant flashbacks were too much for her to take.

"Krystal, how are you feeling?"

Sulli knocked on Krystal's door, the door opened slowly becuase it wasn`t locked. Inside her room, she was sitting on the carpet. Things were scattered all over her room. Clothes, paper with drawings on them, even books, which Krystal treasured very much, were all over the floor. It looked like a hurricane had hit her room. She was wearing her black turtle neck and a white loose knee lenth skirt along with her black converses.

"Sulli, where is he?" Krystal spoke with dry lips. She turned her head to Sulli. Her hair was uncombed, her face has turned paler and she now had heavy, darkcircles under her eyes to show she hadn`t slept a wink.

"Krystal.." Sulli's eyes were full of sympathy.

"I've lost my parents and the only family member I have left has left me all alone again." Krystal said in the calmest tone. Tears ran down her face.

"I've just bent my phone and it broke into two chunks, now I can't even see his face in the pictures anymore." Krystal continued as she pressed her head against the floor.

Sulli spoke again, "Krystal, I know you are in a lot of pain but there's nothing we can do about it right now. You can't do anything if you stay in your room forever. Also, there's an Assembly today at 3p.m in the Great Hall."

Krystal frowned slightly, "Assembly? What is the point of going there anyway?"

"Krystal.." Sulli sighed.

Amber was walking in the corridor, just past Krystal`s room. She heard their conversation when she was few steps away so she ran towards them and decided to join in.

"It's kind of like a open ceremony for the new term. Oh, there are also some awards for those who did outstanding work last year and the newbies like you must go and you have 'ta 'show-off' your Della. Sounds fun, doesn't it?" Amber beamed.

Krystal's eyes saddened, "In front of everyone? I wouldn`t be able to bear it if I hurt someone again" she said.

"Get yourself together, girl. You will be fine." Sulli replied. Krystal thought for a moment.

"Have fun, you both."

"Krystal, don't worry about it. I have the worst Della ever but they still respect me, although some of them don`t, and being a half human and half dellavian is awesome, it's just some of them don't really-"

Amber was hit by Sulli on her back. Krystal smiled weakly. The pressure and stress has made Krystal lose all of her confidence. She even worries about the minor things now. That was one of the reasons she chose to stay in her room, sometimes asking Sulli to bring her books to read from the library.

 

 

It was twenty minutes to three. Krystal was still sitting on her bed. She hadn`t moved since Amber and Sulli had been to visit her. She took her pills with shaky hands and swallowed them in one gulp. At least they calmed her down when nothing else could. Her hands were ice-cold as she walked slowly to her door. The door suddenly looked very far away from her and every step was harder than she expected. When she finally reached the door, she looked at the mirror one last time.

She looked at her reflection and thought, 'I hope everything will go smoothly.'

She opened her door slowly. She walked out of her room and took the elevator with all the other people. In the elevator, she suddenly thought of herself when she first came to channel 2. How desperately everyone wanted to be like the Dellavians, the luxurious life they were having, the Dellas they had etc.. Whereas when she was in channel 5, although everyday seemed to be repetitive, everything could make her feel happy and satisfied. Everyday in channel 2, she felt like she was swimming in a pool of tasks. Looking for the exit and the answer. Solving mysteries and looking for clues. The worst of them all was that she couldn't figure how to control her Della. She wished she could jump of a cliff and end her life right there. She looked out of the transparent elevator and thought deeply; everyone including the trainees didn`t look like they were happy nor sad, everyone there looked rather dead and blank.

They all arrived at the great hall. The beautifully furnished wall and ceiling were very extravagant, and every piece of the statues were made finely. The beautiful chandeliers had amazed Krystal. Just when she finished exploring the whole room with her eyes, she somehow spotted Kai standing all by himself in a corner, playing with his phone as usual. Krystal was about to walk towards him but in that moment she suddenly heard someone calling her name from the opposite direction.

She turned around, and she saw D.O. waving and walking towards her.

"How are you, Krys? I haven't seen you for a long while."

Krystal felt a little more at ease when she heard him calling her by her nickname.

"I'm good, yeah."

She shrugged her shoulders and grinned whilst looking down at her feet. D.O smiled and continued, "You should eat more and get some sleep."

He her face with his hands a little, though the spikes made him move his hand away slightly. Krystal apologized. He smiled in the angelic way again and he asked her if he wanted to go with him into the hall with his friends. One of which was Tao, who smiled at her as well.

"A friend of yours?" Tao asked. D.O nodded.

"Hi, my name is Tao."

" Hi. I'm Krystal."  

Krystal felt nervous when she saw him. He was a completely different boy when Kai wasn`t around.

'Will they still be this kind when they found out I was a hybrid as well?' Krystal thought. Just when she turned her head around to look at Kai, he was gone. She looked around for him some more but there was no sign of him.

"Looking for someone?" D.O asked. Krystal turned her head and said, " It's fine, nothing important."

 

She sat in a row full of fellow newcomers. Sulli was already there waiting for her. She came and sat next to Krystal. Introduction of new people was the first event. Sulli did her electrical Della under water. She put her hands in a box filled to the brim with the liquid. The electricity reacted with the water and the water illuminated. She shoot both of her hands upwards and it made a huge spark of electricity in the colour of purple. Everyone clapped and cheered. Krystal was next after Sulli. She walked up the stairs leading to the stage, feeling incredibly anxious. One of the assistants, Aliee, suddenly came up to ask her whether she needs any equipment. She asked for a brick. Krystal received the heavy block and took a deep breath, everyone looked at her curiously.  Kai was sitting at the very back, and he put his phone down when he heard her name.

She raised the brick in the air with her left hand. Like a magic show to show that the brick was solid and tough. Then, she used her right hand to touch the brick with force and it slowly made a smooth cut of a circular shape. The rest of the concrete fell apart. Her hand went through the brick easily. She held the brick a little bit with more force and the brick turned into sand immediately. Everyone was amazed, as they had never seen this Della befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter