❷Moonlight

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Moonlight


 

 

Krystal was lying on a bed that's floating in mid-air, she couldn't go to sleep. Her pupils lost focus as she stared at the blank ceiling, there was nothing really interesting to be observed, she was lost in her thoughts again. Every now and then she will twist or turn her body to get herself comfortable but she still wasn't able to fall asleep peacefully. She could hear the soft snore coming from her right direction and time to time she will take a glimpse of her roommate. It has been a long day for her, a lot of things happened on that same day. Probably, it could also be the reason why she couldn't get her sleep that easily.

No matter how delightful she was when she met her old friend Chanyeol, she still got a little agitated because she wasn't able to get on with the task that Joowon favored her. The only task, he required. She checked her watch again, there was no reply from him. This made her even more worried. Krystal ruffled her hair slightly, What is she supposed to do now? She was struggling at making the decision, whether she should go now or wait for the next evening. Shaking her head slightly as she remembers Joowon and the important job that has to be done by the next morning. The bed has a unusual function, having the ability to raise from the surface when the person is sleeping on it. The bed is not that elevated, around a meter or so. She hopped down the bed like a cat, making the least amount of sound she could. 

She expected everyone was asleep by now, considering it's 3 A.M in the morning. Every corner is shadowed by the darkness, it would be hard to spot anyone in this lighting. Krystal high-fived herself in her head for this. Stupidly, she dropped her watch on the floor which consequently made a noise. She flinched immediately as she didn't expect it to happen, she squinted her eyes tightly, scolding herself for her clumsiness. She opened her eyes again to check her surrondings to see if anyone noticed. After a couple of seconds of being like a complete statue, she quickly crouched down and wrapped the watch around her wrist again. She wiped the imaginary sweat on her forehead and began to walk towards the backstairs.

Though she was not the only one who got a semi heart-attack when that noise occurred. A male also happened to stay awake and was walking along the curved corridor to get some fresh air. He stopped his footsteps when he heard the noise, his eyes shifted from side to side in anxiety, his ears were extra sensitive as he was cautious. The circular corridor allows him to observe most of the corner but the lighting was not helping him to identify the moving silhouette on the opposite side. He hid behind the nearest cylinder he could reach, whilst he stole a few more glances of the silhouette he began to get the idea of who it was. He frowned slightly- unable to get his head around why she was also still awake at this point. She seemed suspicious. Since he had nothing better to do, he decided to follow after her.

She turned to the corner and started to walk on a route that he never used before, this makes him ponder of how she figured this out so quickly as they both arrived to this new place on the same day. She opens the door to the backstairs, but she paused for a few seconds and turned around to inspect if anyone was following her. She kept sensing another presence behind her, yet of course, she couldn't spot anyone when she snapped her head to the back, dismissing it as paranoia.

Her sudden action made him jump to the nearest wall, his chest heaved rapidly with heavy panting. For the fifth time of hiding, he already cursed himself for the umpteenth time in his head, thinking this was actually the wrong decision for him to take in the first place, as this makes him look like a total idiot. However, he had a feeling that she is definitely up to something and it would be something secretive because she is being so cautious about it.

 

Krystal reached to the C.R.R door again, taking a deep breath and started to repeat the directions that she has done a couple of hours ago. The door was unlocked and she entered the room tip-toeing. 

"Thank god this still works." Krystal's fingers started to dance on the keyboards as she tries to login. She went to the file and she scrolled down the page. " Let's see, Channel Two, Kai. There we go." She clicked on the file then started typing again. Her mouse reached to the 'save' button when suddenly she heard a voice from her back. 'Not again.' Krystal grunted in her head as she snapped her head around casually.

It turns out to be a person that she would least expect to see at this very moment. Her eyes were widened as if they will fall in any moment. Krystal turned around, as she slowly recognized the face she stumbled backwards slightly, her fingers were reaching towards the monitor, trying to hide what she was doing earlier.

" What are you doing." His voice was cold, the blue ray light reflected on his motionless face. She could already sense his anger already because the sentence didn't sound like a question, it sounded more of a threat. He continued, " Why are you on this page." His eyes were fixed on the monitor then he started walking slowly towards it.

" I'm just-" She was half way through the sentence when she was pushed away from the desk by the rocklike shoulder.

Krystal could just let out sigh and shut her eyes in guilt after she being pushed aside. Thinking that if this was the right decision for her to do in the first place. She opened her eyes again and turned to look at the fiery eyes of his. " Kai, look-"

" Shut up." Kai interrupted, his voice was whole lot angrier than before. " What brings you up here? Are you that curious about my identity? Do you really want to know it this bad that you're now searching- " 

Krystal was lost, besides she had no clue of what Kai was on about. She felt her body growing in anger as well, she didn't like being accused again because this time she purely did it for Joowon, so she shouted back at Kai, " I have no idea what you're saying but I'm not doing this for the sake of you!"

" Then who is it?!"

" I...I can't tell you."  She hesitated slightly and started to look away, avoiding his eye contact.

Kai grabbed his own hair and groaned in frustration, he never felt this stressful when he's dealing with a girl.

" Why can't you tell me?" Kai hits his fist on the desk forcefully, the noise making Krystal become startled.

" Because I promised Joow-"

She covered with her palm immediately when she realized her word vomit. 'Oh no.' Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter