❷ Emotive

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Emotive


 

Krystal went down the stairs until she reached to the second floor. Her lips were still arching up with delight. It was good to meet her old friend again, she felt her energy was charged back to full percent and the delectation was more than she needed now. She pushed the backstairs door open and walked out to the main corridor. However her smile soon faded away as she turned the corner, her footsteps were slowed down and she started to feel the anxiety creeping up on her. 

 

D.O was walking in the opposite direction, their eyes met and he started to smile at her. Krystal pursed her lips, forcing out a smile at him as well. They took few steps closer, their eyes never left each other. Krystal heart clenched painfully each time when she started to take a step nearer to him. Acknowledging herself is not the right person for him, she didn't want to see him suffering because of her. The only thing she has to is to avoid him as much as possible, but it was not as easy as she thought it would be. She quickly walked past him, though she stopped a couple of steps later as his words lingered into her ears.

" Krystal."

Krystal frozed on the same spot, she was struggling of whether facing him or not. She just nodded, yet she still didn't make a single move. 

" How is you waist?" He looked concerned and slightly confused of Krystal's sluggish response.

It took a few more seconds for Krystal to reply. Her hand reached to her waist, caressing it gently. She didn't even realize it has already been healed. That's when decided to circle around, her eyes were latch onto his right away and were hardly blinking. She regretted immediatly of her action, this would make her feeling just to grow on him even more because of his act of kindness.

" What's on your hand and arm?" He took both of her hands which daubed with dried blood, he clutched onto them gently, " Did it get worse?"

Krystal was startled by his reaction, the skin to skin perception has caused butterflies in her stomach. She wasn't able to speak but just to stare at his hands covering hers, caressing them and wiping them with his towel that was hanging on his shoulder earlier. Besides, the red fluid blood doesn't belong to her, it was Chanyeol's. She retreated her hands away from him slightly but not entirely, her eyes were staring at the floor, avoiding his eye contact. 

"Don't, I could have hurt you, you know how my dellas are still not fully stabilized. Besides, this would besmirch your towel.... and it won't look good for both of us if someone sees-" 

D.O frowned at her shortly but then he seemed to understand what she meant. He unclasped his fingers around her arm, placing them back to where they were from the start. He sighed heavily, the cool breeze made Krystal's heart clench achingly.

" Why are you doing this? You never cared about these things." D.O spoke in a calm tone, he looked a little disappointed and puzzled which made Krystal to bewail of what she said to him.

D.O was correct, the first sentence was more of an excuse , the second part was the real message that Krystal wanted to say. More importantly, Krystal never took concerns of other people's thoughts or opinions. She was more of a person where she would take action before she thinks about the consequences. Nevertheless, she realized sharing her feeling towards D.O would be selfish of her because it would just make his life path more difficult to walk. Thinking about it, keeping a distance to him was her way to protect D.O. 

" I guess it's part of growing up." She spoke in a sorrowful tone.

" Don't lie, why are you trying to change yourself? "

" I'm not-"  She paused, her head followed her eyes, slowly following the gravity and lowered towards the floor direction. " I'm trying not to burden anyone. I was bit of an adversity." She recalled the day where she saw him being mistreated by his father was a horrendous and painful scene. She hated herself of being useless and was unable to help nor suffer for him that day. If only she was just either a pure Dellavian or a human, how much easier her life would be. Sadly, she knew it was too late for her to complaint about it, all she could do now was to live on and stay alive until she finds out all of the mysteries in her head.

" Krystal." His voice started to occur in her ears again, sending shivers down her spine, that sweet and melodic tune was like a lullaby to her and was able to send her to sleep. He lifted her chin with his hand gently, making her to gaze into his spell-bound eyes. " You are not giving me any burden, that's all you need to know." Her eyes were glassy after he finished his sentence. He opened his arms and wrapped them around Krystal's shoulders. She hesitated at first but she finally leaned into his embrace, burying her head onto his shoulder and tears started to flow from her eyes automatically, soaking his clothing regardlessly.

 

On the other hand, Kai opened the door of his room and was planning to go for some training pract

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter