❷ Convene

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Convene​

 

 

Click.

As Krystal walked into her room, she felt a slight buzz on her wrist. It was a voice message. More importantly, it was from Joowon. She was excited and that she could almost feel her blood is racing through her veins briskly. Swiping across the glass to unlock the screen and founded there wasn't only one voice message, there were three in total. Recalling what happened eariler in the interview, her watch couldln't stop vibrating but she couldn't check it as she was in the middle of the interview. This also made her understand why her headmister told her to check her watch after she settled in the aircraft. How did he know? She took a few seconds to ponder around but then she decided to check the messages first. 

She pressed the very first one of the column.

Beep.

" Krystal, would you call me once you've received this message? Secretively please."

" Are you busy at the moment? I might not make it to the aerodrome and bid you two farewell. I'm sorry."

Krystal could feel her heart clenched a little, eagered to hear and know more about the reason why he couldn't make it to the aerodrome. Undoubtly, she pressed the third one which was also the very last message. The third one was somewhat longer than the earlier ones, she pressed the play button and played it in a speaker mode,  so she still be able to listen his message while she also makes herself a cup of coffee to refresh her mind a little.

" By the time you are listening to this, i would have already arrived to the capital city of Channel One. Krystal, listen carefully. I had to settle things up in the capital, with my father, or I meant Kai's father as well. Mainly, because of Kai. So I have a favor for you, wondering could you help out. You have to edge in to the Candidate Resources Room, known. "

A light flashed out from outer edge of her watch and projected a picture, she put down her mug under the coffee machine, slightly confused of what Joowon wants her to do. She then stared at it in more focus, she saw a map and it looked like a map of an aircraft. Krystal could use her fingers to swipe the translucent board, to zoom in and zoom out. Shortly, she could hear Joowon's voice again.

" Have you received the map? That's the aircraft you're on. So can you zoom in the fourth floor, the staff section?" 

Krystal did what she was directed. As she enlarged the map, the flat picture slowly turned from two dimensional to three dimensional shapes, it allows her to visualize the rooms with more detail and precise.

" Then as you walked to the door which has 'C.R.R' stated on the door, it should probably be the third one if you take your nearest escalator. There will also be a security machine next to the door, make sure you hide your face doing this. Use this barcode and scan it through the system, and with this it will let you access through it without trouble. Make sure no one was following you or see you doing this. It has to be secret between you and me only. After you've got into the room, there will be few computers infront of you. However, it doesn't matter which one you choose. Login, using this information.-"

Another screen popped out from Krystal's watch, she shifted her gaze to her left and saw the numbers and alphabets. 

" Then, search for Kai's file. I think by that time, they would have investigated him already. Go to edit, and change the DNA code by typing another set of code I've sent you. I will explain it to you later, as I'm bit busy right now. Sorry for the trouble Krystal. It is best to do it when it is dinner time so approximately at six? That will be ideal as staffs would have gone for dinner. Tell Kai that I'm still alive, don't make him worry about me. He needs to concentrate on his own thing now and I promise you, we will soon see each other soon. For the-"

The voice message suddenly ended there and it made her puzzle a litte. He surely hasn't finish his sentence and it was clear that he had something more to tell her about this task. She checked her watch and thought, ' What happened?' Krystal bit the bottom of her lip and started scratching her head slightly. She began to call Joowon so she could inform him that she got the message, but the call just went straight to his voicemail. She tried again, and again. The results were all the same, there was no other choices for her to choose so she left a voice message as well.

" Hey Joowon, this is Krystal. I've just received your voice message. I hope you're alright and Kai.... his doing fine as well, we were just worried cause you didn't turn up. Yeah and I will try to do it as you instructed. Are there anything else you wanted to tell me? You hang up in the middle of the sentence and I was just wondering if it's important. Just call me as soon as possible okay?"

Krystal pressed the send button and ended the call, letting out a heavy sigh afterwards. She held the mug up again and took a sip of the coffee she made, sighing heavily whilst looking at the clock hanging above the beds of hers and Victoria's. It was already quarter to six , she was quite surprised of how quickly the time flew by. 

Before Krystal leaving the room once again, she sent a quick message to Victoria. Saying that she might walk around to explore the aircraft, and also informing her that they could have dinner without her. She changed her outfit, to a more comfortable one. She wore a black hoodie and put on the hood so it would disguise her face a little, tucking her hair into her clothing as well.

 

 

Krystal checked her time again and started to walk towards the nearest escalator she could find. Her heart was actually beating quite rapidly as she was nervous about this task. What if she get caught? What could possibly happen to her? But shortly, she pushed away the thoughts because she knew the more she thinks of it , the more nervous she would become. When she arrived to the third floor, she hid behind to her closest wall. quickly as she saw people starting to come out of the rooms.

When the corridor has became silent, she finally peeked her head behind the wall and double checked it once again. She ran quickly across to the third door, holding her watch against the security system. A few seconds later the machine made a slight beep sound and the door opened automatically. As she walked, a tall silhouette appeared around the corner. He frowned at the sight he just witnessed. Slowly, he walked near the door she entered earlier.

At the same time, Krystal's fingers were dancing on the keyboard, login with the passwords from Joowon. She searched for Kai's file in the search engine and found the personal detail section, his DNA code.

"Right." Krystal clacked her fingers, her lung was rising up and down from heavy breathing. This was her last step, changing the DNA code into another random code. She swashed the mouse to the left and was about to click the button 'save' but someone plugged the power off causing the monitors and lights in the room blackout.

 

" Who are you?" A man's voice was heard from the back of her ears and a hand touched against her shoulder abruptly. Krystal was alarmed and so was her body, cold shivers were sent down her spine. Her mind was out of focus because of the darkness, head started to hurt like they would split in half and invisible spikes shoot up which pierced through his flesh. He grunted in pain. immediately letting go of her shoulder and Krystal used this opportunity to run away. However, he clutched her arm with his other uninjured hand. He gritted his teeth, enduring the agonizing pain. His arms made a circular motion which made her body to swing in the same direction, forcing her to show her face and identity. He held out his gun with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter