➊ Determined

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Determined

 

"This can`t be happening.." Her voice cracked a little. She was terrified.

The phone slipped through her fingers as both of her hands were occupied with covering her eye.

Kai's hands weren't fast enough to snatch the phone that was heading towards the ground, and he was slightly annoyed about it. However, his facial expression changed to a worried one as soon as he lifted his head up after collecting his phone because he saw that her neck was full of scratches and scars. Krystal noticed his gaze on her neck, and she quickly covered it with her other hand, turning away from him slightly. Before Kai could say anything to Krystal, D.O's voice echoed down the long, narrow corridor.

"Krystal, where.." He paused his sentence when he saw her company. His footsteps started speeding up towards them as he was both anxious and distressed. However, he was stopped by Krystal's firm words, her back still facing him.

"Don't come near me." Her dialog included only four, short phrases. Kai eyed Krystal uncertainly.

"But why.." His heels clicked as he stepped closer.

"Just don't. Please..." Krystal cut in without concern, though her voice was weaker this time, as if she didn't really want him to leave. In Kai's perspective, he already knew Krystal just didn't want to let D.O see her ugly side. She was afraid that D.O would want nothing more to do with her if he saw her like this. Kai was surprisingly quiet, although he knew that the tension was rising. D.O eyed Kai up one last time, his lazy eyes resting upon Krystal, who was secretly sobbing. He turned around and went back the way he came, his footsteps fading until they were no more.

"Is he gone?" Krystal asked Kai with her brittle voice. 
 

Kai nodded. His eyes never left Krystal's even though she was covering them.

"How did it happen?" Kai asked carefully.

Krystal shook her head and answered, "It happened when I was in the mind test. The pain was so realistic.." She her neck back and forth slowly. "As for my eye, I don't think I have an accurate answer for that yet."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know. I might as well disguise it until I find a solution." She sniffed whilst she let out a weak chuckle.
 

"What, with your hand?" Kai started to let a snort.

"Yeah, got a problem?" She hissed back sarcastically. At the same time, her heart started aching when she suddenly recalled the mind test that had happened earlier. Kai saw her right arm fall back to her side and both of her arms began to shake rapidly. Kai saw the eye of Krystal's once more. The crimson-red pupil and the Sclera of pitch black was a scene that Kai had never seen before. The mauve veins started crawling upon her porcelain skin, slowly spreading across to her cheek bones. Her body started to tremble gradually as well.
 

"Krystal!" He shouted, grabbing both of her wrists. This stopped her shaking, and snapped her back into reality. She looked at Kai blankly with her glassy eyes and the veins started to disappear in a split second. Kai slowly released her wrists from his fingers.

"Sam." She spoke abruptly, a single tear sliding down from her eyes. Kai remember the name, as he recalled the time when they were heading towards the abandoned island. That was when Krystal was muttering the same name before she fell asleep. Although he didn't know what actually happened or who the person was that she called for, he understood how important the person must have meant to her. He understood how a person could cause such significant pain because he also went through the pain. In fact, he was still recovering from it.

His mother, his first love. He didn't question it as he presumed that everything happened for a reason. That was why he always thought that people overreacted to things that weren`t to do with them. He was the sort of person that was unsympathetic, another reason why he enclosed his emotions and disliked people interferring with his issues.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter