➊ Perchance

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perchance

 

 

Soo Hyuk stared at the telephone with his palm on his forehead.

"Maybe we predicted wrong" the female sighed.

"That is impossible."

The man with the laboratory coat touched his arched eyebrow. The headmaster finally spoke, but in a very temperated tone. 

"Let's forget about this at the moment, and keep this between us."

Soo hyuk leaned back on his armchair as he finished his sentence. They both left the room, feeling a little disappointed. Joowon came deliberately from Channel 1- Metropolis partly because of this incident and to meet his younger brother, the flame and teleportation, and the only hybrid Dellavian in his family but he chose not to see him today as they might end up arguing. He went down the stairs in front of the great bold doors, wallking towards his blue faddish vehicle. Driving back to the channel two gatewall he glimpsed a blonde haired silhouette, the only person walking on the street as the night had the most vigorous wind and snow. He slowed down as he made an u-turn to approach her. She turned around when the flash of light came slowly and closely behind her. Squinting her eyes, she saw a blue, fine, oval shaped vehicle stopping next to her. Joowon`s jaws dropped as he looked at her closely. Her face looked as pale as the snow falling all around them. He knew who she was.  He recognised her straight away. He jumped out of the car and grabbed her shoulder firmly as if to stop her from getting away. She looked startled and was taken back, but as she registered his concerned expression she felt more at ease. 

 

 

"You are going to the training station, right?"

She nodded weakly.

Inside the posh-looking vehicle it was spaceous, warm and perhaps a little messy, so it was clear he only ever travelled in it by himself. Books and magazines were scattered on the seats and the floor, some extra coats and clothes hanged on the pegs on the doors of the car. He smiled sheepishly as he made space for her. She looked at his name tag hanging on his neck, it read, "Professor Lee Joowon". In her brain, she finally asked herself a question.

'Why am I trusting him?' 

She transferred the words to so she could say them out loud, "Why are you helping me and how do you know where i`m going?"

" Krystal Jung, born in 2994, 24th October. There should be more things that you would want to ask me about you first, really." He said calmly as he closed the door beside him.

"How.. what? Oh, nevermind". Krystal was already exhausted from walking continuously for an hour, and she was greatful for his kindness so she decided to silence herself. He chuckled as he pressed the power button on his left hand side and tapped the keyboard in front of him.

"Changing destination to Channel Two Training Station" the machine responses.

Krystal remained quiet as they drove and before she knew it, they had arrived. Joowoon took his phone out as they walked up the stairs by the entrance and passesd the guards by the main door.

"She's here and we are at the lobby. "

He looked at her, grinning. Krystal looked at him carefully, studying his face. His tanned ski , his fine, breathtaking eyes, apart from his lips; he kind of reminds her of-

"Welcome back, Krystal."

The slender, silhouetted man walked towards them. He looked the same covered in black which made his face even paler. He looked directly at Krystal and his eyes sent shivers down her spine. She wondered how those haunted eyes could be so enchanting yet menacing at the same time. Minjung came along, looking delighted.

"You must have suffered, I'm so sorry."

She stood next to the headmaster who spoke, "You look quite different since the last time I saw you."

His voice was low and quiet when he said this. Krystal nodded and she added, "Not just apperence, but more."

Everyone looked at her with a concerned expression.

"We have to take her to the observation room now and take a closer look at the blockage."

Krystal frowned at the words of Joowons'.

 

Soon enough, she was once again in the room with blue ultra lights. Except from the fact she was inside a white plastic tube, sleeping peacefully. The headmaster crossed his arms, looking at the two who were pressing different buttons on the monitors. Joowon pointed at one of the monitors, amazed and facinated.

"Look at her cells! They are devloping so quickly, reproducing and duplicating in every millisecond!"

Minjung continued, "That`s all well and good, Joowon, but some of her blockages are still firmly attached to her nerves and organs. They haven't melted or disappeared."

She pointed at another monitor.

"See here, there is one in her brain. I think that must be what is blocking part of her memory."

"Who would do such a thing, stopping a young girl from remembering her past?"

Soo hyuk leaned over and took a closer look.

"We wouldn't find out until we've taken all of the blockages out and search for clues" Minjung replied and continued, "Should we take the blockage out now?"

"I think we should, the sooner we can get them out, the better it will be for her" Joowon agreed. The headmaster nodded and sighed.

 

 

The operation took hours and hours, meaning that it finished at 3 in the morning. Joowon collected the blood-coated metal blocks and placed them on a piece of white cloth. Minjung wiped out the blood stain a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter