❷ Lapse

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lapse

 

 

 

They stood there motionlessly and kept a constant eye contact,as if time has stopped dramatically. Krystal's heart was still fluttering widely, recalling his words on and on in her mind. As she almost forgotten Kai's soft side, it has been a while since he spoke in that way to her. Moreover, Krystal felt the two words meant more than just apologizing, but in either ways she didn't regret of preventing Kai's decision because she could understand why his impulsive action took place. There's only one reason to it, Kai didn't want to lose Joowon because he is the only thing that Kai has left. Just like when Krystal first two weeks in channel two, her emotions were as messed up as Kai's, especially when you are afraid you've already lost them.

 

" Don't apologize-" She paused and looked away with slight disappointment, then she continued " However, you could have done something wiser, Kai. There are alot better ways to find Joowon."

He crooked his brows when he heard the name, " How did you-"

" If not him, then who else? " Krystal cut off his question.

" Well, I hope you will took into account next time, you could have died by doing that." Kai, grunted slightly.

" At least I stopped you from teleporting in the middle of air, you could have died." Krystal spoke in a sincere tone, looking back at Kai's eyes, which made Kai even more confounded.

However, he broke into a soft chuckle. This time making Krystal confounded, her gaze was still fixed on Kai's ,who was actually busy finding a spot to sit comfortably.

" You are just like her. " He spoke when he squatted down on the ground.

." Who?"

"  Jieun." He paused, " A girl, that I used to know. " he continued.

Krystal frowned a little with wrinkles between her eyebrows. She had a moment where she brainstormed the name in her head.

" ...putting others before yourself..." His voice snapped her back to reality. Krystal flickered her eyelashes and looked at Kai once again. He was sitting on the ground, back leaning against the wooden carts stored with food supply. His eyes were full of sorrow, staring at the blank scope aimlessly. She wondered what had happened between the two of them. Through his tone, it sounded more like of a trauma than a memory.

Kai spoke while she was still processing in her head, " You once asked me have I ever experienced a forbidden love before, now here is your answer." he spoke in his brittle voice, he held his phone out of his pocket. His face was glowing from the light of the phone, he squinted his eyes slightly cause of the sudden brightness.

Krystal crouched carefully next to him, " Is that her?" pointing at his homescreen.

Kai nodded, whilst his fingers the monitor. Krystal was amazed of how pretty the girl looked, the picture looked like a portrait, 'no wonder why Kai fell in love with this girl, she's simply perfect.' Krystal thought in her head. However, she knew there was something more about her than her apperance, she is curious to find out more about her.

" She's beautiful." Krystal exclaimed, she leaned forward so she could see more clearly but without her realizing her face was only an inch away from Kai's. Something is making her head sting and 'is it because I'm too close to the screen?' she thought. The longer she looks into the girl's face, the severer the sting gets. She grunts in pain which caught Kai's attention.

"What is it-" Kai turned his head, whilst his lips brushed across her porcelain cheek and their noses kissed each other gently. Kai froze in the position, his heart startled to race up rapidly and he started to feel the acid refluxing from his throat and his chest begining to burn. The distance enabled Kai to smell the scent of Krystal, a scent that could not be easily described. If it has to be interpreted, then Kai would say that it is in between redolent and fresh, and it didn't smell like anything artificial.

The headache got distracted by him and the girl just sat there still with mouth zipped as well. She felt her cheeks are getting hot,especially the spot where his lips touched. She would be lying if she denied her heart just skipped a beat for him. The warm sensation from Kai was what she has been attracted to, despite of his coldness on the outside, she knew that deep down inside there would be the benevolence. Summing up the times they spent together, she is starting to understand what Joowon said to her, she admit that she can gradually see the ardent side of Kai. 

Kai leaned backwards on the wall behind me, clearing his throat as if pretending nothing had happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter