❷ Remorse

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Remorse


 

 

 

 

The day of the open ceremony is getting closer and closer, meaning there will be only a couple of more days left for us to prepare ourselves and to put our mindsets together.

Standing in front of the authorization machine, I calmly waited for the eye scanner to confirm my identification. With my earphones plugged in and foot tapping to the rhythm of the song. Then shortly, the machine flashed a green light then the transparent doors opened automatically. 

The training area is allocated one floor above the basement, the second last floor of the this  The whole area is illuminated with purple ray and just like the rest of the floors it has a very simplistic interior design, with one circular pathway that allows you to excess all different training rooms. I walked along the long curved pathway, passing the empty rooms that were split into segments of rooms for alternative subjects in their training.  

 Back in Channel Two training station, I was always the first one and the last to leave. The efforts I put in has paid off, I can control my flaming Della as if it has become part my soul. I could set fire to anything without touching the object, and to some extinct, I have mastered of the reverse ability which is taking away the flames and restore my energy from that. There are a lot of tricks for flaming Della for example fire spheres that explode when they touch the person or the object.

You could say living the monotonous lifestyle is boring but I never feel bored. To be frank, I would rather to be alone. Through my experiences, interacting with people needs a lot of effort and also consumes a lot of  time as well as energy. Dealing with new people is always problematic. People get closer to you for their own benefit, most of them eventually abandon, lie or betray you. As a person get closer to you, he or she will also get to know your secrets and weaknesses. They can use it against you- leaving you scars. Each lesson has taught me something new. I have slowly learnt that I'm responsible for the people I love. Their lives are depended on me. Therefore I can't forgive myself if they are hurt because it would be fault of being weak. That's why I have always been telling myself, if I work harder than anyone else I would have more of a chance to live in this world- in order to become strong, stronger and strongest. So I can protect them myself, or I can hurt the others before they can try to hurt me, then the ones that I love. 

Whilst I was still on my way to my training room, I skimmed through each empty rooms as I walked passed them. I wasn't sure who I was expecting to see anyway as it's still early in the morning but my eyes caught a familiar silhouette in one of the rooms. I stood in front of massive glass wall. I saw her throwing punches at the sand filled bag that's hung up in the middle of the air. It's interesting to see how much she improved since I first met her.  The second I looked away, a loud thud was heard from the same room. I turned my head right where I was looking at before, realizing the punching bag was no longer hanging on the metal bar, it fell on the floor and was split in half where the golden sand was spilled all over the azure blue matt. She wasn't really far from where I was standing I could only see the pearls of sweat covering her forehead and her body heaved up and down heavily. Her hands were on both side of her head, covering her ears as if she heard something disturbing.

I tried to assert myself with the same cold attitude but I had this sinking feeling in the pitch of his stomach. It was hard to ignore this bad conscious I'm feeling but I still began to walk past the room. My throat started to tighten up and became bewilderingly hard for me to swallow. My legs turned against my brain's order, eventually I found myself stopped walking. I my heels and looked back at her. That's what she does to me. 

 

She was crouching on the floor with her palms on her ears whilst I was approaching her. My footsteps made her aware of my presence and her shoulders leaped slightly.  As I got even closer she began to hide away from me by tucking her head between her knees. 

"Don't come near me." she spoke.

"It's me." I replied softly.

She hardly moved and her hands were still covering her ears. I'm bad at comforting and speaking, so silence occupied the room. I was planning to leave her alone until I felt I stepped on something when I was about to exit. I lifted my foot up slightly and discovered it was her black eye-patch. I bent down to pick it up from the floor, dusting it off while I walked back towards her. She tilted her head and I saw the glimpse of her cheekbones and eyelashes. I saw her staring at my hand, which was holding her eye patch. I saw a small nod but her eyes were avoiding me.

Though, I could tell she felt a slight relief when she saw it was only me. She lifted her head up slowly, her enchanting eye or her revolting eye, but it twitched in pain because of the direct light. The irritation made her groan in agony and her palms immediately covered her eye. I tucked her sleeve up and brought out the metal box from her bag.

 

Then I recalled a similar incident that has happened to her not long ago.

 

 

~Flashback~

We both arrived to a room with different kinds of equipment for physical training. Punchingbag.speed bag and weight lifter etc... There's this equipment in the middle of the room, a machine which looks like a punching wood that's used in martial art . Though they are not made of wood, it is made of steel and other other durable material . She tilted her head in curiosity, her eyes were glued onto it as if she's never seen it before. It was amusing to see her acting like that as she has never been in this physic section. She was always in the phenomenon section. She stopped with her day dreaming until I slapped the white boxing gloves on her head which she glared at me in annoyance.

" Pay attention. You won't be able to use that until you listen to me."I spoke, then I threw her the gloves abruptly but she caught them swiftly.

" You thought." she spoke whilst smirking a little.

" Anyway, we're going to start from basics. First thing first, building your primary muscles for strength." I stood on the azure colored mat, and when I looked back she was still in the same position. Strange. She has been acting oddly for the past few days, she always seem to be out of her mind. 

" Krystal."  I called her name at least a couple times but there was still no response, still staring at the transparent door.

I was about to shout her name for the fourth time when she suddenly turned around and respond, " Did you see-her?" She asked.

" See who?" I looked at the transparent door and back at her.

" Huh? Ne- never mind." She let out a dry chuckle

" Maybe someone was passing by-"  

"Yeah, maybe- " She replied shortly, looking a little bit disturbed and serious about it. I stared at the empty pathway again, slightly curious who she actually saw as she looked really traumatized.

"Maybe I took too many sleeping pills these days." 

"You should stop taking them then, cause you can't go compete with this body condition." I handed her a bottle of water and she gave me a thumb up sign and forced a smile. I just tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter