❷Deception

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Deception

 

The old man his neatly gelled hair, his eyes were fixed on the television. His face was simply expressionless, that made everyone in the room to tense because they all know he's famous for his aggressive temper. The room was just echoed with the news reporters voice, no one dared to speak a single word. 

"Turn it off." He suddenly spoke up whilst he stood up from the comfortable leather sofa. The lead assistant bowed his head and signaled a lower candidate to take on the order.

Everything from the man's head to toe looked rather extravagant, his physique was covered with the finest fabrics, each of his fingers was accessorized with different kinds of annulus along with different types of jewels stuck on them. 

He loosen the tie that's choking up on his neck, and said, " So what you're telling me is that, he's still alive? " 

" Y-y-yes your excellency." The lead assistant bowed his head whilst he answered in fear.

His nose twitched as he started to fear his anger arising. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself up at the same time. He held up his walking stick and poked it at the said assistant's heart. " And why is that? " he said in a soft yet sarcastic voice. The assistant could feel his sweat dripping down his forehead.

" I'm asking you!" He raised his voice in abrupt, causing everyone's head to lift up at once. However, the room was still filled with silence. We can call them as cowards but they could also be justified as they could lose their lives at this very moment even if they've done nothing wrong.

" I'm terribly sorry about- " The assistant said it in a timid voice

The superior kicked his knuckles one by one and yelled right infront of his face. " You should have killed him seven years ago! "

He then press his index on the very top of the stick in which the very bottom of the walking stick changed to a sharp blade. In a split of second, he raised his hand up and wrecked it vigorously across his face with criss cross motion, causing the victim to scream in agony and to also crouch down on the floor with both of his palms on his disfigured face. No matter how much he tried, the dark red fluid still rapidly oozed out from the opened wound. It was a sad fact that no one volunteer to help the poor being on the floor. To be more precise, they wouldn't even bother if he killed him right now as everyone wants to reach to the highest, and if he dies that means one of them has the chance to become the new lead assistant.

 Shortly after the incident, they all heard a knock coming from the door. The superior waved his fingers and indicate them to open the door. As the door opened, two young male along with a female stepped in the room. They lined up horizontally as they were a meter away from his desk.

" Your excellency, they've arrived." another assistant spoke with shrugged shoulders, timid and afraid. 

He snapped his head back and slowly turned his body as well. His eyes moved from left to right, looking at his chosen applicants. However, there's still one place left. The superior acknowledged this clearly, his lips were pulling into a murderous smirk. He then started to look at his assistants who were standing next to the doors. 

" Well, what have we got here. We only have three to represent for the Championship event." He spoke while he used a white cloth to clean the walking stick that was stained with blood. His eyes were glittering at the red fluid with desire. After he finished his sentence, he stuck his tongue out and started to taste the blood. His eyes widen with excitement as soon as the senors on his tongue tasted the intoxicating fluid. 

 

 Everyone knows tasting the blood and flesh are the most immoral thing a living being could do. Doesn't matter whether the being that's doing it is Dellavians' or Human. Cannibalism is considered as a sin and it is also illegal. The society never approved this craze and the topic has never been brought up openly. Nevertheless, the cannibals could be divided in two big groups.

The first one is nice and straight forward. They are called the Untamed, most of them are peasants or people whom in destitute. They are desperate because they were born weak or maybe suffering from illness, struggling to have the transition or might have overcome some obstacles during the transition. They are simply using it as a medical use, most of them didn't have a choice to do it.  They would normally kill whoever they could find around their area, although this could sound terrifying but there actually aren't many of them nowadays, plus the rate of untamed has been decreased through out the years.

On the other hand, the number of the Avarice are increasing, who are desperate because their greed, trying to make their Dellas twice or even three times stronger, or extending their youth. They don't usually kill them personally as to prevent they get arrested by the cabinet, but they also get away with the crime regardlessly if they're high classed. They are more barbaric than they actually look, because they tend to kill the ones that they hate, or the ones that have a much powerful Della. Despite of the fact that it tastes awful and vomiting, but it could also gradually turn into a serious addictive drug. There's a said that the taste of blood would soon taste from metal to something similar to syrup, some even said it tasted better than syrup. The reason is simply because they got used to the taste. Though it also depends individually as every Dellavian could have different responses to this substance. Some might take longer then others of getting used to it. However, there's always aftermath of taking excessive amounts, in which no one knows the exact symptoms.  For human of course it's harder to comprehend this logic as they don't get any benefit from doing it. Their sensors wouldn't be able to find it tasteful and there is also a chance of getting poisoned by tasting it.

The room was still filled with silence, everyone just starred at the superior who's the blood without a trace. His head shot up abruptly, he let out a toothy grin and laughed penetratingly. 

" Would anyone of you join this competition?" 

His teeth was still visible as he kept on grinning, his eyelid were stretched out and his eye balls looked like they were about to fall out. 

 

People were eavesdropping outside of the room, half of their faces were glued onto the door, they could roughly hear what was happening inside. One of them escaped from the crowd and quickly skipped up the grand stair cases. He knocked on the door in anxiety, though he could already hear the loud noise of the music and women giggling. He was lost his patient thus as soon as the door flung opened he just rushed inside recklessly. He couldn't possibly care less or even thanking the half woman who just opened the door for him. The loudness made his eardrum to hurt slightly and that he could just see the surroundings are covered with pillows, feathers and women clothing. He scanned through the room with his eyes carefully, searching for his master. He squinted his eye, he could see silhouettes on the bed with red beaded curtains hanging down from the ceiling. He decide to get closer to the bed and as he got closer he acknowledged that there was more than a person lying on the bed. He reached the curtains with both of his hand and shove them away in opposite direction. 

" What is it? You want to join the party too?" The young master blew air through his fringe, which was covering half of his face earlier, thus this revealed his delicate silver nose chain which also attach his left ear. He then looked up at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter