➊City of White

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Channel II

 

 

The soft buzzing sound of my alarm got louder and louder. Knowing I would eventually have to silence the alarm, I reached out in a vain attempt to turn it off, however the alarm somehow fell to the floor, not making a sound afterwards. My bed was warm and comfortable as my hand trailed back under my pillow. My head remained buried in the pillow until someone knocked on my door, who else would it be; my godfather but I like to call him as grandpa Sam.

"Krystal, breakfasts ready."

He opened the door slowly, his hands occupied by a tray with a cake and some candles. He walked towards me slowly, careful not to drop the cake.

"Happy 18th birthday, dear" said Sam.

He then proceeded to place the tray in front of me. I smiled and looked out the window, briefly surprised by the white sheet of snow. No wonder why it’s so cold because it is snowing and my birthday's on the first snow.

"Thanks Sam"

I blew out the 18 candles successfully and smiled towards Sam. His eyes crinkled and wrinkles formed around his eyes and he smiled kindly, revealing his small, yellowed teeth.

"Get ready and have a lovely afternoon with your friends today. Here, take this".

He took my hand, shoved some papers and squeezed my hand.

"Sam I really don’t think..."

"No. Take it." he cuts in firmly.

I didn't need money. All I simply want is my beloved ones to live happily with me but.........

 

 

 

Next station is channel IIV, North Lane...

I got off the sleek silver colored tube and walked towards the gates. Soft snow flakes touched me while I felt the warmth within simultaneously. The dull grey coloured building covered with a fresh sheet of white snow.

"Krys! Happy 18th birthday!" Rachel ran towards me and gave me a massive hug. 

"Thanks." I hugged her back and we chatted along to the classroom.

"Have you heard that we are going to channel two today?" I shook my head. "Well I heard that we are going there! I'm so excited! The boys there are so hot."


”Oh...Rachel, let's be realistic, they are Dellavians, they won't even look at us." She hit me softly in a joking way.


"So?"


"Whatever, carry on."


"You should totally see him because you weren't there in the last few practicals and that's why you don't understand! Everyone thinks he's the hottest and I bet if you-"


"Okay okay just chill. I've finally finished with my assessments last night and I think....maybe I can go with you today."

 

She smiled and hugged me tightly.  "You won't regret it!"

 

 

 

"Today we are going to have another practical in channel five and we are going to keep on learning about the versions of rebound jackets, silent missiles and more. People who are interested can go sign this form."

Our teacher said monotonously and once the paper was left on her desk, everyone pushed themselves forward, with Rachel leading the mob. I wondered why they were so eager and aggressive, pushing and shoving in their desperation. I soon discovered only 20 students could sign the form and our class total was 48 students. Once the list was full everyone started to walk away, some disappointedly. I approached Rachel, who seemed very pleased as she got our names on the list. I was thankful we chose to sat in the first row, otherwise I doubt she would have done it so smoothly.

I've never been to channel two but in channel five we learn how everything works, we are the ones who provide and invent, doing the hard bits and pieces- the most mundane of tasks to put it lightly. For example, we build better weapons and facilities for the other channels and the Capital Eye. We can be the weakest yet we are the smartest, the strongest. I've heard that people were different depending on what channel they were from. There are a total of 10 channels on this planet. Sam told me that it was not like this when he was younger.

A planet called Dellavia invaded us here on this planet which was reffered as Earth at that time, and the invaders transformed it into this state. They claimed that they were here for peace, simply wanted to save the planet and help to make it a better place for themselves and for us, as they had learnt their lessons from their own planet, which had been reduced to a sphere of fire ravaged by plague and death. Wars started between the invaders and the humans as we refused, billions of people fought but millions of them were killed through the war. At last the invaders won and took over.

Now the social state is not about how much money you earn or what your career is, it's all about the Della. Della is a supernatural power, which can be passed down from your parents or ancestors but only one of the children from the same mother can pass it onwards; which means no matter how many children you have, only one of them will be chosen genetically and biologically.

They mostly discover their Della during their teenage years. Those who discover they have the Della are sent to their Channel's training station where they can learn how to control and evolve their Della, joining competitions. When they graduate, some will be sent to become the 'peace makers' (the army) ,sent to the capital or some just choose to stay in their channel to get more acadamic education. If you discover your della at a young age or are very weak you are likely to die by the della as the transition is very painful- only the strongest survive the transition. The reason is simply because  they are young and their body are really weak, thus they could easily get killed by their own dellas. Other than human and Dellavian, there's also new blood - hybrid, which are half human and half Dellavian, which has been found only recently. Hybrid dellas are much stronger than any della, they could be developed furt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter