➊ Discombobulate

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Discombobulate

 

 

 

Music suggestion

 

Krystal was woken up by the aureate sunlight. Her mind was as fresh as a daisy, and her body felt as light as a feather. She opened her eyes but she was already off-tracked as she didn`t recall the place and the atmosphere that she was surrounded by. The temperature was lukewarm and cozy, yet the reason was not because of the heater. The weather there was very different to that of channel 2 - it had a scent like fresh grass and somehow the atmosphere was magical. She found herself sleeping on a couch, however her legs were dangling of of it as it was too small for her. Besides the couch, everything looked about as half as big as anything in the normal world. She turned herself to the oppostite direction, towards the other side of the room. There was something that caught her attention - A mans silhouette that was sitting on the window sill. Krystal sat up slowly and quietly and got off the couch. She put on her cardigan and started to approach it slowly on tip toes. The narrow ceiling was not helping the clumsy Krystal at all, as she had to bend her head a little so she wouldn't knock the furniture about. Although she knocked over a couple of things, she was able to think fast enough to react. It seemed like her Dellas had settled down a little now. Krystal was in a confused state when she could finally recognize the silhouette.

It was Kai.

The scenery was so beautiful that she almost managed to persuade herself she was still in a dream. He had his earphones on, his head tilted and leaned against the glass, his eyes were closed and his arms were resting on his stomach.Without being able to control herself, she went to caress his cheek. Though she quickly pulled her hand away when she noticed what she was doing. She leaned over to Kai to check if he was really asleep, and accidently took a glimpse of a photo on his phone screen. A photo of Kai and a girl. She frowned in confusion. That was when Kai shifted his head away from the window and turned towards Krystal without opening his eyes. Krystal's cherry lips almost touched his, but instead their noses kissed lightly with each other. She could feel his breath on her skin, she suspended herself in that position and then took a step back. She shook her weird thoughts about him out of her mind and decided to tap his shoulder gently in order to wake him. He slowly opened his eyes and when his vision came clear he saw Krystal with her messy blonde hair sitting in front of him. The sunlight shined on her bare face which made her eyes shine like diamonds. She wore a tank top showing her unprotected milky skin and Kai felt his heart skip a beat. He quickly pushed Krystal's forehead away using his phone and started to unplug his earphones. He walked straight pass her without a word. Krystal blinked a couple of times and looked back at Kai.

"Would you mind telling me why I'm here?" She asked boldly.

"You're in Backwoods, an abandoned island which is not in the map and can`t be found easily." Kai washes his hands and dried them on a towel.

"Why am I here?" she crooked one of eyebrows up in confusion. 

"To get you sorted, obviously." He said as he sliced a piece from the loaf bread and spread the butter on top.

"I don't need to be `sorted` thank you very much." Krystal spoke in an annoyed tone.

Kai smirked at her words. "Plain or jam?" He asked.

"What?" Krystal frowned at him.

Kai grabbed a jar of jam from the cupboard and spread it across the slice of bread. He threw the bread on the plate and slide it along the wooden table towards her.

"Breakfast. Don't wine if you are hungry later."

He looked at Krystal and indicated her to eat it. Krystal sniffed the bread suspiciously before she took a bite out of it. Kai gave her a look of disgust.

After the breakfast, Kai explained everything that had happened to her last night and it took them more than a hour. Partly because Krystal couldn't stop interrupting Kai. He on the other hand was also short-tempered and he couldn't stop burning the biscuits he was trying to eat on his hand in frustration.

"Where's Joowon then?" She cut off for the tenth time.

"Let me finish!" Kai hissed as he lit the biscuit on fire for the tenth time.

Krystal and Kai had to wait for Joowon to pick them both up a couple of hours later.

"Can we be there before three? I have things to do." Krystal crossed her arms and pouted.

"I can, but you just have to wait for him." Kai pointed his finger at her.

"Oh yeah, you can teleport, right?" 

"I am not teleporting you to channel two."

"Why?"

"Like I said, I don't want to have anything to do with you."

"Neither do I with you. Anyways, you`re the one that`s standing here right now so you`re contradicting yourself a little aren`t you, smarty pants?"

"That's because Joowon favoured me, and I assure you this willl be the last moments we spent time together."

She rolled her eyes and slumped on the couch like a star fish.

"I'm going out for some fresh air." She stood up suddenly which made Kai jump a little, walking up to the door and standing beside it.

"Are you coming?" Krystal asked whilst she tilted her head on one side.

Kai lifted his head up from his phone and would have certainly said 'no' but sadly he had to follow her as he knew he would be in trouble if he lost her in the woods.

Krystal was a few metres in front of Kai. She was completly stunned by the view, and she felt the fairytales that she read in her childhood had come to life. Everything seemed so miraculous and enchanting. It was a new exploration that she had never come across in neither Channel two or five.

They crossed the bridge and she turned to Kai, who was blankly looking at the river with his earphones in again. Krystal walked up to him slowly, and Kai saw her approaching out of the corner of his eye. He pressed both of his lips together whilst Krystal bit her bottom lip. They both found it extremely awkward when were around each other.

"Kai.." she called to him softly.

His pupils reacted to her voice but his body remained as still as a rock.

"I just want to ask you.." She paused, then corrected herself. "Nevermind" She continued.

Kai looked away again as he took a deep beath of air.

"I might sound nosy or whatever but I just really want to know how your experience during your developement was. How did you get through it?" she finally blurted out. She panted a little after the sentence.

 Kai froze a little when he heard her interrogation.

"You still remember the window smashing incident?" Krystal sighed heavily. "Apparently it was because one of the blockages in my body exploded and exposed my Della. I am still not sure if I should thank you for that or not as I was irritated by you, causing my blood vessels to react with the blockages. I still wonder whether I should have just admitted that I was a foolish human being and kept on living with my normal human life, or whether I have done the right thing; defending the humans and discovering that I myself aren`t even actually a pure human." Krystal closed her eyes as if she was trying not to tear up.

Kai's eyes stopped moving at one point and he turned his head to her gradually.

She continued, "I don't know what humans have done to you previously that made you hate them so much, but I respect Dellavians as much as I respect humans even though I hate them from the bottom of my heart. But I believe t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter