➊ Dilemmatical

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dilemmatical

 

 

 

I sprinted to the elevator after I've read the text from him.What could be so urgent that he needeed me to come as quickly as possible? When the door opened, Joowon was standing there impatiently and I could tell something was wrong. He walked up to me and looked at his watch.

"How are you feeling?" he asked anxiously.

"I'm okay, I guess" .

"Okay, maybe we still have a little bit more time. Follow me, quickly."

I followed his brisk footsteps and we went to a laboratory room.

"Stand there. Hold this and look over here"

I stood in one of the corners of the room, facing the metal table which had a glass cup on it. It held an egg sized marble, I was told.

"What are we doing?"

He completely ignored me and he stared at his watch. After a couple of minutes I felt that both of my hands started to shudder unsteadily. Joowon notcied as he glanced at them using the corner of his eyes. He put on the saftey goggles and spoke,

"Only look at the cup."

My eyes quickly shifted to the glass cup and I focused on it until the cup abruptly blasted into bits and pieces, at the same time I could feel the marble had been crushed into sparkling, fine grains. I stared at my hand and the cup which was followed by Joowon. He was not shocked. However, he turned to the screens and started typing.

" Impressive! You have the force and disintegration powers, they were both my predicted dellas for you."

He swung his chair around and faced back to me.

"How did I.. how did I do that". I hesitantly said.

"You know the pills you took this morning?"

I nodded, he was talking about the pills that were from Minjung.

"They are just a temporary controller as I guessed you wouldn't be able to control your powers yet. They stop working around six hours after you take them which is now exactly 4:02:17 p.m."

"But that doesn't mean that I can control it now, does it?" I spoke in a fustrated tone which I think made him laugh a little.

"I know, that's why you`re here."

"Why do I have two powers?"

"Don't you get it? You're a hybrid, that's why."

That word made my jaw drop.

"I thought hybrids had a very slim chance to live and they can die very easily because their stong della can swollow them inside out".

He chuckled again,

"It is true that it's very unlikely for a hybrid to go through the development stage. The their della can destroy their bodies when they are young but there are exceptions. You went through it because of the blockage and your body is strong enough to deal with it. What with the blockage being taken out slowly, your body got used to it quickly and managed to accept it, despite the fact that you felt awful at first. Some blockages blocked your identity memories and when they fell apart your real features came back. Your current blonde hair and golden eyes were always like that, until the blockages were placed in your body. I'm not sure who the person who did this to you actually is and I`m not sure wether or not they did it with your best intentions in mind". 

I looked at my hair and touched my face a little, thinking that D.O was right. He said I looked like a completely new person, as if I had been born again.

Joowon spoke in a softer voice this time, "I know someone who might be able to relate."

I frowned at him, just before someone burst into the room.

"What is it?"

It was the face that I would never expect to see again. He stared at Joowon with one of his eyebrows up as he looked across at me. He couldn`t find the answer in Joowon`s eyes. I looked away quickly, remembering the events that occured a couple of hours ago. 

"Is that urgent?" He pointed at me as he said that, and spoke in the coldest manner possible. What did I do to deserve this coldness? What made him hate me so much? I scoffed whilst I cursed under my breath. Joowon stood up and hugged him.

"Long time no see, Jongin." he patted his back. I was confused but I looked at them still. Confusion kept occuring in my mind as Kai hugged him back.

"Yeah'. he replied softly. They broke the hug shortly afterwards as Joowon said,

"He's my brother, Krystal. Kai, aka Jongin."

I knew it. I knew they looked somewhat similar! Kai glanced at me,

"Don't even try calling me Jongin, human."

I wanted to break him like the glass cup whenever he called me human. Joowon quicly intrupted him to stop the conflict.

"Let me correct you there, she is not a human. Infact, she is-"

"Whatever."

Kai went out of the room before Joowon could finish his sentence. I disdained with a laugh as I pushed my hair backwards.

"Don't mind him, he will grow on you later. Hopefully."

"Yeah right. We gave the worst first impressions the day we met. Let's see how's that gonna work." I replied.

"Hm. Well, it looks like I'll be watching over you while you're training now, then. Come on."

He waved at me while smiling.

"Oh, be careful!"

I pushed the table infront of me and it broke into chunks. The flashback ocurred again.

 

---

 

 

"Soojung ah, what are you doing?"

A woman sat on the sofa whilst the blonde girl (who looked around 13 years of age) stared at the little sparrow in her hands, dead. The girl the bird's feathers slowly but it didn't sing in delight nor flew away.

"Soojung ah, what have you done?"

A woman with the same calming voice ran towards the little girl. When she looked at the sparrow which was lying in her hands senseless, her eyes suddenly turned to fear.

"InSung!"

She ran out of the room.

"Mummy, what's wrong with  Mr.Sparrow?" the little girl asked.

The woman walked towards her again and her golden hair softly.

"He's just sleeping Soojung, don't worry."

A man came in and her mum walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. Soon, the sound of an argument was heard even though the door was shut.

"Why can't we?"

"It is not legal and risky!"

"So, you`d rather have your daughter die?"

"No, I mean the method is not approved by the real experts yet but-"

The man sighed heavily. "Fine. Let's do this." he continued. "I don't want to lose another one."

"I will go and get the car." the woman spoke.

The man went came back into the room again and spoke gently, "Soojung, let's go to a hospital."

He hugged the child,

"Why, Daddy?" 

"You'll be fine , honey." He patted the back of her head while he walked her out of the room.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

This time the memory was much longer and clearer.  She tried to remember what they were calling the girl with the dead sparrow in her hands.

"Soojung" Krystal repeated over and over again.

 Joowon tapped her shoulder slightly, "SooJung is your real name."

She smiled and nodded. The memories now made more sense. The woman was her mother, and the man was her dad. The blonde little girl was her past self. She killed a sparrow when she was around 13. That must have been when the first symptom of her della occured. 

"Did you just have a flashback?" Joowon asked. Krystal nodded slightly.

"They are starting make sense now."

"That's very good news. I hope you will get to know more about your past now."

He grinned.

 

We arrive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter