❷ Impulse

◭Dauntless◮ (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Impulse

t

 

The next morning, Channel Two was once again sheltered in glittering snowchannel two was once sheltered with , shinning slush of snow. EncompassingCovering every single edge of the city, slowly binding up the pedestrians with white fresh snow. The large snow flakes of the snow fell from the cloudygray clouded sky, despite the allure of the snowflakes, they were cold and sharp. they were cold and sharp in despite they looked relatively alluring and peacefully.


 

Most of the trainees and professors were out to in the lobby, giving to send their last farewells ,to them, Ttrainees who were all squeezinged and pushinged against each other, hurrying aboutround toso they could find a decent spot in the lobby toand take a good glancelook at them.

Sulli gasped and shook Krystal's arm to grab her attention, both Amber and Krystal turned around. It was Luna who was sitting on a wheel chair. Luna insisted to go down to the lobby despite the fact that she wasn't fully recovered. Minjung assistedtant her the way to Krystal who was opened in surprise, her eyes caught sight of a box that was held inbetween Luna's hands. Luna smiled weakly at Krystal while she carefully handed it to her.whilst she started handing it to her carefully. Krystal received the box from her hesitantly and raised one of her brows in confusion.

" Open it, it's for you." Luna spoke.

Krystal nodded and stared at the box which was no bigger than an A4 sized paper and unwrapped,unwrapping the box with care as she didn't want to ruin the packaging. She opened the lid, inside there was a black heart shaped object. Krystal held it up and realized that it was an eye patch, specially designed and made for her. Every stitch and every thread was sewn by Luna.

"She stayed up all night, just to finish this on time." Minjung spoke.

Krystal paused, she looked at Luna, with tears welling in her eyes ,then she stared back at the well made eye patch, she held it tightly in her palm closely. Using her top of her finger, feeling the outside texture of it, it was made out of a waterproof material, then she moved along to the durable strap that felt it could last for eternity. Krystal lowered her head immediately and changed it to the new one, the strap was adjustable though it wasn't necessary as it fitted perfectly from the beginning.

 

" Thank you so much.I will never forget you." Krystal spoke whilst she bent over and gave Luna a tight loving hug.
Luna patted her back and smiled, " You will find your way to the victory."
" I shall." Krystal broke the hug tardily and continued, " I know we didn't spend much time together but I am still grateful to all of you who stood by me, in spite of me being a hybrid." Krystal's eyes were starting to fill up with tears again, though she blinked them away quickly.
" Stay strong." Amber said.
" Please come back safely. I will pray for you." Sulli added, her eyes were full of anxiety, she held on to Krystal's hand and used her hand to hold on to her cross necklace.
" I will." Krystal also put the other palm onto Sulli's, brushing her thumb at the back of her palm,
" Krystal." Minjung held out a small necklace, with a circular steel bottle filled with green liquid from her white labcoat pocket.
" What is this?"
" If you've got a cut or exposed wound , put this on and it would ease the pain and recover it couple of times faster."
" Thank you." Krystal replied ,  " I am sorry to cause you so much trouble."
Minjung shook her head slightly and gave her a playful smile," Don't apologise, we all know it isn't your fault of doing it. " She looped the necklace around her neck and kissed on her forehead lightly.
 

Tao walked towards D.O and so did Chen. Tao looked at D.O with an uncertain stare, he was never sure what is going on in his head, he stared at him and paused his footsteps whilst Chen kept heading to D.O.

" Are you sure about this?"Chen asked, checking if D.O would have his second thought. 

" Yeah." D.O nodded while he fixed his jacket and his belongings.

" Why are you doing this? You didn't have to do this." Chen exclaimed, he ruffled his head in frustration.

" I'm doing this not just because my own sake." D.O added as he turned his head to the side direction, Chen followed his sight and gasped." Are you crazy?" 

" No and I know what exactly I am doing." D.O replied.

 

" This could possibly be the last time we see each other-" Kai spoke to his three friends who were standing around him, looking at Kai gloomily. Kai rubbed his neck in unease because he didn't know what to say to them, besides Kai wasn't a outspoken person after all.
Sehun interrupted Kai's dialog abruptly by slapping his shoulder with his hand playfully but strenuously, " Don't talk bull. We will meet again."
" Sehun's right, we will meet again." Suho said whilst Baekhyun nodded rapidly in agreement, Baekhyun carried on, " We are going to monitor you through the television, so that we wouldn't forget your face. You can have this, here." Baekhyun held up a Polaroid, he grinned happily and scratched his head slightly as he handed it to Kai.
Kai took in the Polaroid from Baekhyun's, he turned it around and his eyes were fixed on it for a couple of seconds. The Polaroid was taken on Kai's birthday, his first birthday spending in the station, Kai was smiling widely at the camera and had icing all over his face , next to him was Sehun who tries to put even more icing on Kai , and there's Baekhyun who was just laughing idiotically whilst holding the destroyed birthday cake, Suho who looked annoyed and was trying to stop Sehun from making a mess despite that he has already got some on his face.
 

" Don't forget us." Sehun spoke in a sarcastic tone but it also comprised some sadness.
" You can take it out and remind yourself, at least you still have us to look back at..." Suho added and patted Kai's shoulders slightly.
Kai slip the Polaroid under his phone case, he gritted his teeth as he was nearly over his limits of holding back his tears.
" Thanks guise but you know it's nearly impossible." Kai let out a snort and looked in another direction. It was actually hard for him to leave as well, as he stayed here for nearly seven years and which also makes Sehun a seven years of best friend of Kai. He was the closest friend Kai has ever had, another brother that Kai would've claimed. Suho and Baekhyun then came along which eventually made into a group of close friends. Though as time past, Kai spent less and less time with them, he kept things to himself more then he would spend time relaxing with them.
 

Keeping and guarding a friendship in the station was generally difficult, they get less and less time to spend with each other as they get older. Training occupies the daily life of the trainees, children who are sent to this training station would normally have to stay here until they fully mastered a certain degree of their dellas, basic grades normally takes 2 to 3 years but mastering it fully takes up to 4 or fives years and above. The higher grades you master the higher status and earnings you would get when you've graduated. The training station doesn't only teach the trainees to ace their dellas but also teach them basic educational knowledge, so it wouldn't be a problem if they wanted to change their mind of having another career requiring other qualification. Staying in this training station of course has a certain amount of fees which has to be paid annually, it is not a vulgar to join the training station. And so, it was another reason of Krystal being appreciative towards Joowon because he paid it her fees in advance and told her afterwards. Krystal promised that she would pay them back but Joowon would always just give her a light chuckle and tell her that he would think of something later.

Soohyuk the headmaster finally walked out from his office with his formal looking suit as usual. Everyone started to make a pathway as soon as he took a step forward from his office.
" Shall we?" He raised his palm a little and the two bold wooden doors were held opened.
All of them turned around and walked towards the door, Krystal was the first one to take a step out of the flagstone floor, feeling the chilly breeze welcoming her as soon as she stepped out. Kai closed his eyes and breathe in the cold air, he was longing to breathe the fresh and the scent of an outside world.
 

The four pupil are now lined up at the main entrance door of the edifice, they all wore a semantical navy trench coat with two vertically lined up of silver buttons on the front, the details on the sliver buttons are meticulous as each of them has a channel II signature and symbol on them.
 

A posh looking black roofless vehicle arrived right before their eyes, a chauffeur came out of the vehicle and carried their luggage. They all went in the vehicle and Krystal took a last glance of the edifice and her friends who are waving at her through the long French window. She couldn't believe how long ago it was when she first came here to just for the practical lesson. Now that she is leaving this place for a Dellavian Championship Event, she was overwhelmed yet she also concerned of what other changes are there going to be ahead of her. 

It exit the training station's front gate then drove down a hill which was lined up with beautiful white houses, the people came out from their houses and started to cheer for them as the vehicle drove past them. The road has got even more crowded when they arrived to the town, cameras were flashing, reporters or paparazzi where having a hassle.

The headmister adjusted his tie and started to wave at them," Smile and wave, you wouldn't want your grumpy faces on the news." He stood up and curved his lips to form a smile. They listened to his instruction, standing up on the vehicle, then they started beckoning to the crowds. The crowd had a immediate vehement response.
Krystal stole a glance of D.O, who looked usual as if nothing had happened to him last night. She still could remember the sound of the painful slap that was done by his father, she saw how weary he looked and how furious his father looked at him. Presently, he had his signature smile and his eyes are all lively again, there wasn't even a hint of bleakness in his face. She questioned herself and fixed her gaze on him for a couple of seconds until, he noticed her, she quickly shifted her gaze upon another object. Krystal gulped in unease and clenched both of her fists, because she recalled the fact that if she wanted him the for the best, it was better off to let him go. However, it is going to be even harder for Krystal to move on as she would be seeing him every day.
 

The girl at the back just observed their behaviors quietly from a distant, though at the same time she was holding her palm up in the air, moving her wrist side to side, waving at the crowd so she woudn't look like she is staring at Krystal oddly. " What are they doing? " she murmured, twitching her nose in confusion and wondered. 
 

" Every four years, we pick four participants in each channel and now here we have them are ready heading to the aerodrome-" " Channel II has their participants ready, we can see them on the vehicle waving-" " It's amazing to see the four representatives of the Channel II in such a beautiful weather-" The reporters holding their microphones and tries to walk at the same pace as the vehicle. The vehicle was unable to move in a higher speed as the road was packed with people. The headmister tapped his fingers anxiously and rolled his sleeve to cheek his watch from time to time.
" If we are using this speed to get to the aerodrome then we wouldn't be able to get interview." Soohyuk spoke boldly, eyeing all four who looked slightly confused.
" Do we have to do the interview?" The plum haired girl asked while she turned around slightly, though her eyes were still in contact with the people.
" Yes." Soohyuk replied, he looked at the rest who weren't giving in any opinions.
" Should we do it now?" D.O asked abruptly, looking at everyone's reaction, his gaze latche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter