too early to tell

I, You and Our Baby [Discontinued]

 

a/n: Oh my goodness 60+ subbies… wahhhh thank you so much ^^

 

Heads up guys.. I will write this story like Forced so the progress won’t be quick. I want to tell everyone a story of how’s and why’s so if It gets boring, please tell me so that I could hasten it a bit and spice it up. Also, I have the story basically pencil outlined but depending on the response of my readers, I inject plot twists as much as I could.

 

And lastly.. There would be at least three phases to this story and I’ll let you guys figure that hint out^^

 

--- 

 

 

Myungsoo led the boy towards their parked car while Sunggyu placed the tiny baggage in the trunk. Myungsoo made sure that Hyunseong was wearing his seatbelt before he boarded the passenger side. Sunggyu started the car and soon, they were speeding towards their favorite restaurant.

 

Food and Sunggyu is a match made in culinary heaven and this is an amusing sight for Myungsoo ever since. But Food, Sunggyu and Hyunseong, is even more amusing because the two looked a lot like hamsters nibbling on the chicken wings.

 

Hyunseong suddenly choked from eating to hurriedly and Myungsoo was quick to hand him a glass of water. “Eat slowly Hyunseong, we are not in a hurry.” Myungsoo said and Hyunseong thanked him and nodded, resuming eating but slower this time.

 

“You too hyung.” Myungsoo uttered but Sunggyu shook his head, cheeks puffed full of chicken meat, and effectively making Myungsoo laugh loudly.

 

Once full and Sunggyu finished three platters on his own, they deemed it was time to go shopping. Maybe it was too early to shop for winter clothing but Summer would jus whiz by and cold autumn air will hit you without warning. 

 

They strolled inside a department store and soon checked out the clothes on the rack. Their priority though wasn’t themselves but the kid because with the lack of clothing the boy has, he’ll freeze to death come winter.

 

Myungsoo took out a black knitted shirt and showed it to Sunggyu who picked a white one. The two sighed as they both weren’t expert shoppers, heck they practically have a monochromatic wardrobe and the colors are thanks to Key or Zhoumi. Hyunseon looked at the two foster fathers confused why they were sighing then looked down, were they giving up on him already.

 

‘We should ask Key hyung.” Myungsoo suggested but Sunggyu shook his head. 

 

“I have a better idea.” He grinned and called out someone.

 

That someone happened to be Jonghyun. Though he wasn’t a fashinista per say, he has decent taste in clothing (which came helpful because Jinki is like Sunggyu in their taste in fashion, tasteless.) Jonghyun waved at them, ushering a girl about the same age as Hyunseong and a boy about three years younger. 

 

“Hi hyung!” Jonghyun greeted and then knelt in front of the Hyunseong. “hey buddy, I am Jonghyun” He introduced himself and Hyunseong looked at Myungsoo before he said his name.

 

“Lovely kid, meet my daughter Meekhan and my son Changmin.” Jonghyun introduced his children and the girl who looked a lot like Jinki smiled at Hyunseong and extended a hand. The two year old was relatively shy and opted to latch himself into Myungsoo who eagerly took him.

 

Sunggyu eyed Hyunseong who shyly took Meekhan’s hand and he can’t help but smile when a taint pink tinted the boy’s cheeks. He elbowed Jonghyun who grinned at him and whispered something which made the elder push him away; Jonghyun laughed hysterically.

 

The group made their way towards the clothes section and Jonghyun immediately took a couple of knitted shirts and coats for the three kids.  Meekhan ran somewhere towards a rack of clothes while pulling Hyunseong behind her, making the three adults smile happily.

 

“You better prepare an expensive dowry, Jinki hyung won’t let her princess go that easily.” Jonghyun joked making Sunggyu glare at him.

 

“We’re not even sure if we would adopt him, how could you assume we’ll marry them off?” Sunggyu stated and Jonghyun’s face contorted into a frown.

 

“Oh yeah I forgot, it’s just a foster thing. But I think that Hyunseong is quite adorable.” Jonghyun remarked as he watched Meekhan choose a trench coat for Hyunseong and asked him to try it on. “Maybe I can ask Jinki hyung to adopt him if you’re not interested.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Then you won’t be able to marry them off in the future.” Myungsoo uttered.

 

“but they could be twins.” Jonghyun argued.

 

“You two are looking way into the future.” Sunggyu shook his head as he grabbed a pair of pants and beckoned the foster child to come over.

 

Hyunseong did as he was told, and soon he was trying out clothes and Meekhan was judging if it suit him or not.

 

“Is Key taking care of Mee? She’s like a little him,” Sunggyu remarked and Jonghyun laughed before nodding.

 

“Key dotes on her way too much and turning her into a fashionista. Plus they both love pink.” Jonghyun explained and the two nodded.

 

“Appa!” Changmin cried out and Jonghyun took the boy from Myungsoo.

 

“Aren’t you going to father a child Jonghyun?” Sunggyu asked and Jonghyun sighed. 

 

“Jinki hyung has been urging me to do it. He wants me to at least try once.” Jonghyun explained. “But I am happy with our kids already.” Jonghyun said.

 

“But I am sure Jinki hyung just wants to keep your blood line going, you have good gene pool hyung.” Myungsoo quipped and Jonghyun grinned.

 

“You too Myung.” Jonghyun said.

 

After the shopping for clothes, the group went to have ice cream since Changmin was having a tantrum already. Meekhan demanded that she share the sundae with Hyunseong who blushed while eating the cold treat. Myungsoo took out his camera and started clicking away. As soon as Meekhan noticed the camera, she posed happily for Myungsoo, but Hyunseong looked down and refused to face the camera.

 

“Oh my gosh, just like Sunggyu hyung!” Jonghyun commented, earning himself a menancing glare from Sunggyu.

 

“I will hate you if you don’t take pictures with me!” Meekhan uttered and the boy gaped at her.

 

“Please don’t hate me!” He immediately replied and Meekhan smiled and nodded.

 

“Now smile!” She chirped and Hyunseong forced a smile but a smile nonetheless.

 

“How adorable!” Jonghyun was practically a shipper by now and Sunggyu just shook his head in disbelief.

 

They continued shopping for a few more things for Hyunseong before they bid farewell and went home. 

 

“How was your day Hyunseong?” Myungsoo asked and the boy blushed a bit.

 

“it was nice. Thank you hyung,” the boy replied and Myungsoo shook his head.

 

“Call me Myungsoo appa.” He said and urged the boy to repeat it.

 

“Myungsoo appa.” Hyunseong uttered faintly but it was enough to make Myungsoo smile like a kitten. 

 

He then glanced towards Sunggyu and Myungsoo poked the elder’s cheek for some reaction. “Call me whatever is comfortable for you.” Came Sunggyu’s reply which made Myungsoo pout a bit; he had a feeling of Déjà vu all of the sudden.

 

“Sunggyu-nim.” Hyunseong uttered and Sunggyu nodded once to acknowledge the call. 

 

Myungsoo sighed at that, it make take a while but he was hopeful that Sunggyu would open up himself more and accommodate the boy in his life.

 

When they arrived at the house, Myungsoo led the boy towards his old room and helped him arrange the things they bought. Sunggyu watched them from the door way, head resting on the door frame, arms crossed in front of him and a placid smile on his face. 

 

He knew that Myungsoo really wanted to have a family, a kid to take care of and just be a their pillar. He wanted Myungsoo to be happy but trust is something you earn; and Hyunseong will have to earn it. He doesn’t want to give the kid a hard time, but he is struggling with himself too, knowing that he is dealing with a stranger and trying to fit him in his life.

 

He resigned to playing his piano, an act he does when he’s deep in thought. While his hands ghost over the ebony and ivory all neatly laid in straight rows, his foot stepped on a pedal and the sound resonated inside the room. 

 

He thought for a while, submerged in his thoughts. But when the piece he was playing ended, he heard small claps from a doe eyed boy who was standing by the sofa, entranced by how beautiful the music.

 

“You like it?” Sunggyu asked and the boy nodded vigorously  making Sunggyu chuckle; it reminded him of his nekko too much. “Thank you.” Sunggyu uttered and took a deep breath before calling Hyunseong over and making him sit beside him.

 

“What shall I call you Hyunseong?” He asked and the boy looked up to him with confused eyes.

 

“Simba…” The name rolled from his tongue and a smile tugged on the corner of his lips.

 

 

------ 

 

a/n: and yes my dear sister cellyne, since it will be your birthday tomorrow, I included you in this series and you’ll be with your bias ^^