Winter blues

I, You and Our Baby [Discontinued]

 

 

 

a/N: And yes more angst because sadistic Author Chie is taking over XD

 

 

 

--

 

It was close to winter and the chilly autumn winds continued to drop in temperature making Hyunseong feel colder than he should be. Myungsoo dressed him up in warm sweaters and wrapped him fluffy blankets. Myungsoo was turning into an  omma and Sunggyu only laughed at it because he secretly liked a doting Myungsoo.

 

Sunggyu watched on as his other half showered Hyunseong with so much love and affection that he should have been receiving but it was weird that he didn’t get that much jealous. Instead, he took out his white camera and took shots of the two males and his face lit up at the sight of the beautiful smiles of the two feline males he loved.

 

Oh yes he loves, because he just couldn’t deny the fact that Hyunseong is someone special to him like Myungsoo is.

 

“Don’t catch a cold sweetheart okay?” Myungsoo waved at Hyunseong who smiled and waved back before running to his classroom.

 

Myungsoo sighed happily, he just felt complete with having a child he could call his own. As he looked on and enjoy the nostalgia, he felt warm arms around his waist and a kiss on his cheeks. He smiled as he felt loved three times over, this is just pure bliss.

 

Hyunseong counted down the days, he was sure it’ll come and despite his foster parents being so nice to him, he still had that nagging feeling of being left behind once the contract is over. So he tried to make it work, and during their art class, he tried so hard to make the best Christmas card a five year old could do.

 

He poured out his heart and soul into the card, and even though he only wrote “Merry Christmas and Thank you.” It conveyed so much more than what it meant on the surface. He admired his work and then smiled bitterly at it, who was he kidding?

 

“Did you make that for Uncle Gyu and Uncle Myung?” Meekhan asked and Hyunseong nodded. “Very cute just like you!” Meeekhan chirped and Hyunseong blushed at her words.

 

He’ll miss her when he leaves, she is the single most adorable girl he met so far and she will be terribly missed. He may refer to her as his puppy love but perhaps when time passes them she’ll forget about him; but he’s sure that he won’t forget about her.

 

 

It was a hard decision honestly but Hyunseong felt that it was the right thing to do. He held out the card he made, a piece of cardstock with a simple red and green design in crayons and sighed to himself. He then looked at the stuffed toys he had, and a bitter smile appeared on his face. Why was it so difficult for a five year old to make a decision? Why must it fall upon his shoulders when clearly, he could just wait for the verdict when it comes? But would he want to wait with false hope or end all of it this early? What would hurt less?

 

So many questions ran inside his little brain and made it hurt. Why must it be complicated?

 

So with a sniffle and a sigh, he made a decision, one that he deemed was right.

 

 

----

 

 

“Hyunseong!!!!!!” Myungsoo shouted as he finished preparing breakfast for them. He was excited for today, because the news reported that the first snow will come anytime soon. “Hyunseong!” He called out again but only an irritated Sunggyu came out of the room, rubbing sleep off of his eyes and scowling at Myungsoo for waking him up on a Saturday morning when he could sleep in all morning.

 

“Why are you so loud?” Sunggyu uttered, quite annoyed but gave his husband a loving kiss.

 

“It’s the first snow soon and I am so excited to experience it as a family!” Myungsoo eagerly answered and it brought a small smile on Sunggyu’s face.

 

Sunggyu thought about it and it was not a bad idea at all, he could cuddle up to the two most gorgeous boys in his life. A giddy feeling took over him and he probably looked like a dopey hamster with puffy cheeks and small slit eyes.

 

“We should wear that special sweater you ordered.” Sunggyu suggested and Myungsoo grinned at him.

 

‘And I thought you hated it?” Myungsoo teased but SUnggyu glared at him.

 

“Do you expect me to wear red and green sweater? I look like Santa’s elf!” Sunggyu shouted back and the two ended up in a banter of laughters.

 

“Where’s our baby?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo sighed and pulled him away from the table to fetch the sleeping boy.

 

Myungsoo knocked before he entered. Sunggyu felt a little bit of Déjà vu, which was not a good feeling. When the door opened and an empty bed with the lion cub stuffed toy staring blankly at them, Sunggyu felt like he was going to be sick. They searched for the little boy but all they could find was a Christmas card and the toy.
 

Hyunseong took his old bag and his old clothes and left everything behind. The kid was selfish though because he took the hamster and cat stuffed toys to remember his foster parents.

 

“He’s gone!” Myungsoo was beyond shell shocked. “Hyung, he’s gone!” He panicked so much that Sunggyu had to hold the boy to keep him still.

 

“We will find him. Okay, Myungsoo we will find him!” Sunggyu shouted to keep the boy sane.

 

“We must find him! My poor baby!” Myungsoo sobbed as he buried his face on Sunggyu’s shoulder and cried even more.

 

Sunggyu was at hock too, how could this happen to them? He couldn’t fathom why the little boy would ran away from them. And it was like a trip back to the past when the man he loved most ran away from him just when he was going to confess.

 

“He must have a reason.” Sunggyu uttered but Myungsoo couldn’t think straight, he just needed to find his son.

 

Sunggyu went to calm his husband first before he took his coat and pulled him out of the apartment to find his son. And yes, Sunggyu was acknowledging Hyunseong as his son; the boy practically nipped at the locked gates of his heart and gnawed his way inside like what Myungsoo did. To say that he loved the boy was an understatement, Hyunseong was his son.

 

And they searched to the first place that came into their mind, the orphanage. Yet they never saw the boy, and that made Myungsoo sobbed even more.

 

“We will try to help find him.” Mrs. Park said and Sunggyu bowed to thank her.

 

“Will this affect the adoption?” Sunggyu dared to ask and Mrs. Park nodded.

 

“It will but Hyunseong must have a reason to run away.” She stated and the two nodded.

 

“Thank you.” Sunggyu thanked them and then took their leave.

 

As they entered the car, Myungsoo broke into a sob and Sunggyu sighed and wrapped the husband in a warm embrace. “I am so sorry hyung. I should have taken good care of him.” Myungsoo blurted out and it was breaking Sunggyu’s heart to see Myungsoo in such guilt and pain.

 

He held his tears at bay, he needed to be strong for his family, and that includes Hyunseong. “We’ll find him.” Sunggyu reassured him and he wished on the North Star that he could witness the first snow with his family, it’s not that hard to grant wasn’t it?

 

---

 

a/n: I know ~ cliff hanger… and it’s not so angsty like I wanted it to be`.. I am losing my touch~