Halloween

I, You and Our Baby [Discontinued]

 

They finally returned to Seoul, but not with beautiful memories. Hyunseong was all bouncy and Meekhan was bouncing next to him, holding his hand as they walked out into the airport while their parents pushed their luggage out to their waiting cars. The two only parted when they boarded their respective cars and Meekhan blew a kiss to Hyunseong which only earned grins from their parents.

 

Hyunseong hugged each parent and thanked them for the vacation, and both Sunggyu and Myungsoo smiled at the affection the boy was showing them. They slept through the afternoon and when dinner came, Hyunseong heard something that pierced his heart.

 

“I think it’s time that we adopt Nekko.” He heard Sunggyu speak.

 

“Are you sure hyung? We still have a couple more months in the foster system.” He heard Myungsoo reply.

 

“I am ready for a family Myungsoo, we need to move forward.” He heard Sunggyu replied and that made him teary eyed.

 

He ran back to his room and hugged the snow hamster tight around him. He thought that they made a connection and that they could be a family. But he was wrong. He sniffled a bit more and tried to stay strong despite the pain that he was feeling, closing eyes and trying his best to sleep it through.

 

Myungsoo came to wake him up for dinner when he noticed the tear stained face of Hyunseong. He cuddled the boy and asked if he had a nightmare, which Hyunseong nodded to despite not being true. Myungsoo led him out of his bedroom and onto the dining table where Sunggyu was already seated and waiting for them.

 

Sunggyu noticed the boy’s face and immediately pulled him into his lap and kissed his temple. Hyunseong smiled a bit, savoring the last affection his foster parents was giving him before he would be kicked out. He was trying to hide his tears but how could a five year old hide such pain?

 

The days that passed was taking a toll on the poor boy’s body and he looked tired and less cheerful. Meekhan nudged him while they were working on their clay and Hyunseong was unresponsive. “Hey Hyunseong, are you sick?” Meekhan asked and Hyunseong shook his head.

 

“I am fine.” He shrugged but Meekhan was worried for him.

 

And though Hyunseong tried to be cheerful, he was still fearing that anytime soon, he’ll get kicked out of the house.

 

“What would you like to dress up as this Halloween?” Myungsoo asked as they ate dinner, Halloween was already approaching and Hyunseong’s school is holding trick or treat event.

 

Hyunseong shook his head, not knowing what he would want to dress up as.

 

“Harry potter!” Myungsoo chirped but Sunggyu shook his head.

 

“Dress him up as a lion and you dress up as a black cat, you are the one attending it anyway.” Sunggyu suggested and Myungsoo smiled at the idea.

 

“Oh hell no I am not going alone, you are coming too!” Myungsoo chirped and that’s how it was settled.

 

The next day, Myungsoo had requested Kibum and Zhoumi for the costumes and the two agreed, even asking Christine and Jonghyun for their children’s costume ideas.

 

It made Myungsoo so excited since it was their first time dressing up for Halloween. Though Hyunseong was also excited, he was also worrying about the impending separation from his foster parents but might as well enjoy it.

 

Key and Zhoumi were in a huffing and puffing as they took measurements of Hyunseong and Myungsoo. In the middle of them sketching and measuring the males, Sunggyu entered with Henry, Christine, Jinki, Jonghyun and all their kids came and they were all bargaining for Halloween costumes as well.

 

“I’ll be a black cat!!!” Myungsoo instantly wrapped his arms around Sunggyu and planted a kiss on the elder’s cheek. “And you’ll be a hamster! Gyutaro!” Myungsoo grinned and everyone erupted in laughter. Sunggyu glared at Myungsoo and pushed him away before he faced Hyunseong and asked him what he’ll be for Halloween.

 

“I’ll be Simba.” Hyunseong tried to sound ecstatic and Sunggyu smiled a bit at that.

 

“You’ll be cute don’t worry.” Sunggyu ruffled the kid’s hair and Hyunseong surely wants to savor this kind of moments.

 

 

“Then I’ll be Nala!!!” Meekhan chirmed, she wanted to Hyunseong’s partner.

 

“You’ll be Dorothy Meekhan, I thought we talked about it and I will be tin man!” Jonghyun whined like a kid.

 

“Mee, be Dorothy, besides, the lion is also part of Wizard of Oz remember?” Jinki cooed and Meekhan nodded.

 

“Okay, only because I love you two both.” Meekhan said and Jonghyun kissed his daughter’s cheeks.

 

“Great, Jinki will be the scare crow and Changmin would be the little wicked witch.” Jonghyun happily smiled at the two designers who rolled their eyes.

 

“Well, seeing that every family has their themes, what would we be then?” Christine uttered and Henry had a light bulb moment.

 

“Let’s get the Disney theme going, I want to be Alladin!” Henry uttered and grinned at Christine. “Be my Jasmine?” He asked and Christine laughed at the cheesiness of it.

 

“Whitney will be Mulan and Harry will be General Shang, I want Clinton to be the Jade emperor!” Christine added and Key just rolled his eyes more.

 

“Okay, one Disney Halloween party coming up.” He uttered and the room was full of chaos and loud cheers.

 

Though he wanted to savor this, Hyunseong felt detached, he felt envious and he felt scared. There were questions running through his mind. Myungsoo saw him in distress and instantly wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him into his lap before he kissed his temple.

 

“Are you worried baby?” Myungsoo asked and Hyunseong nodded. “You’ll be okay, it will be the best Halloween.” Myungsoo reassured him.

 

On Halloween day, they all went to the school dressed in costumes, even Sunggyu who was whining while he was dressed as a hamster. But when Hyunseong told him how cute he was, Sunggyu instantly smiled and kissed the lion clad son’s cheek and walked inside the grand hall where the party was to commence.

 

Everyone was in beautiful costumes, from batman to avengers, to Cinderella to Maleficent. Hyunseong spotted Meekhan dressed as Dorothy and the two enjoyed running and chasing each other around. She was laughing happily and it made Myungsoo smile and nudge Sunggyu.

 

“I know, but I wish they could grow a bit more before they decide to be a couple, they are only five!” Sunggyu exasperated which made Myungsoo laugh like crazy.

 

The school organized a program and each kid participated in games like the three legged race, the parent and child tag team, tug of war and a lot of other cool stuff that even though Sunggyu never wanted to participate, he did with vigor and he was ecstatic when he won, earning Hyunseong a bag of chocolate.

 

Myungsoo took lots of pictures, he would definitely print one and frame it for them to treasure. Myungsoo then joined the egg relay with Henry and Jonghyun, and they all won another bag of gummy worms for the kids who were all jumpy with the new treat.

 

The party ended with dances and even though Myungsoo wasn’t the best, he did dance derp-like which earned him good laughs from Sunggyu and Hyunseong. But when they were pulled along to dance with him, they were left with nothing to do but dance like the black cat. It was fun and it ended well, happy faces and memories etched in their hearts which only made Hyunseong emotional, knowing that time was ticking down.

 

“Did you enjoy it?” Myungsoo asked Hyunseong who nodded.

 

“Thank you!” Hyunseong replied, hugging myungsoo tightly while shedding tears. Myungsoo was surprised with the reaction but he smiled and hugged him tightly and hummed a soothing song for his son.

 

“You are always welcome Hyunseong.” He muttered and kissed the kid’s head as he carried him to the car.

 

 

-----

 

a/N: dun dun dun dun…… get ready for angst baby!