Autumn and Thanksgiving

I, You and Our Baby [Discontinued]

 

 

 

a/n: I warned you that angst is coming ^^

 

 

----

 

Autumn is the shortest season of all and as the Seoul breeze turned colder with time, so does Hyunseong’s heart. It hurts to know that his time with his foster parents were dwindling down and right after Christmas, he’ll have to say goodbye to the two single most adorable couple in the entire universe that he called family.

 

He was bothered by it but he showed no signs to everyone, still smiling and pretending to be happy despite the pain of separation. He still participated in a lot of family activites like dinner or learning piano from Sunggyu but when he was inside his room, he would cuddle the snow hamster and the black cat stuffed toys and cry himself to sleep.

 

Myungsoo noticed the unspoken words of sorrow but he couldn’t figure what was making his baby so upset. He asked Sunggyu if he noticed it and the older shook his head. Myungsoo became a little bit paranoid about it, his precious baby is hurting and he couldn’t even point a finger at the source of it all.

 

As the days passed, Hyunseong found himself more and more detached from the couple, he thought that it would make leaving hurt less but it made living worse. Meekhan noticed the boy and she wanted to cheer him up, she may not know why he was upset, but she missed his smile not to care.

 

Hyunseong had frequent nightmares and each time, he would want to walk inside his foster parents’ room and lie between them but hearing them talk in whispers about adoption and all the paperworks had made him back away and retreat to hugging the fluffy toys, hoping that their warmth would be enough to keep him warm from the coldness inside his heart.

 

Thanksgiving came one Thursday and despite Koreans not celebrating this, Myungsoo decided that they have to have thanksgiving dinner because they have a lot to be thankful for.

 

Myungsoo was busy cooking dinner while Sunggyu was busy looking at papers that they failed to notice the boy sitting on the white sofa and staring at the pictures that littered the wall. It was all Sunggyu and Myungsoo, the blacks and whites and colorful smiles were reminder of the happy couple that had taken care of him. And he felt tearful, knowing that they have been good to him yet he hadn’t given them anything in return.

 

Hyunseong knew he should be thankful, ffor all the love Myungsoo and Sunggyu showered upon him, but he also knew he couldn’t wish for everything to go his way, and that is keeping them to himself.

 

The little boy sighed and that caught the attention of Sunggyu. He approached the boy and pulled him onto his lap and pecked his little temple.

 

“What’s bothering you Hyunseong?” Sunggyu asked and Hyunseong shook his head. “You can tell me, come on.” Sunggyu urged and Hyunseong beamed a small smile.

“It’s cold Sunggyu-nim.” Hyunseong answered and Sunggyu embraced the boy tighter into his arms and kissed his head.

 

“I’ll keep you warm don’t worry.” Sunggyu said and hummed a soothing melody until Hyunseong relaxed in his arms and fell asleep, clutching Sunggyu’s shirt tightly as if he would lose the man if he let go.

 

Sunggyu sighed as his heart felt full just holding the boy like this. His paternal instincts kicking in and it made him smile sweetly, knowing that being a father is not about taking away time for your partner like he always thought of, but making a person complete, because children are blessing that they should be thankful for.

 

Myungsoo smiled as he went to sit next to Sunggyu and wrapped his arms around his partner, and pecked his lips, enveloping Hyunseong in warmth of paternal love, a family that loved him.

 

“We should really be thankful for him don’t we?” Myungsoo uttered and Sunggyu nodded.

 

“I just wish he would feel the same way.” Sunggyu uttered as he looked at the sleeping boy in his arms, full of endearment and a placid smile on his face.

 

Sunggyu waked the sleeping boy and led him to the dining table where Myungsoo was adding the finishing touches for the thanksgiving meal. Hyunseong noticed the huge chicken and his mouth watered at the sight.

 

“We don’t have turkey so a huge chicken is our alternative.” Myungsoo uttered and chuckled as he sat Hyunseong to a chair between them. Sunggyu led a thanksgiving prayer and then carved the chicken to start the feast. It was a solemn and intimate dinner and Hyunseong wouldn’t mind thanking God for letting him experience this love at least once in his life.

 

After they all cleaned up and were ready for bed, Sunggyu scooped up the boy and led him to their bedroom. He smiled at the boy as he tucked him in and kissed his head, before Myungsoo kissed his cheek and bid him good night.

 

Hyunseong kissed both Sunggyu and Myungsoo’s cheek before he snuggled in Sunggyu’s chest like he used to do, the warmth of his hamster foster dad was beyond a snow hamster toy could ever provide and he let himself wish a selfish wish that he could experience this longer, and that he become their son. He wished so hard that tears escaped his eyes, and Sunggyu wiped them away and kissed him again.

 

“We’re here Hyunseong.” Sunggyu whispered and pulled the boy closer to his body.

 

----

 

Hyunseong woke up on an empty bed with the sounds of shower behind the bathroom door. He rubbed the sleep away from his eyes when the shower was turned off and out came his foster parents and who was shocked to see the kid was awake.

 

“Morning Hyunseong!” Myungsoo greeted him, kissing his cheeks and ruffling his hair.

 

“Morning hyung.” He greeted sleepily.

 

“We are going on a day trip today Hyunseongie!” Myungsoo said and he picked up the boy and led him out of the room to clean him up for the day trip.

 

The trip turned out to be a trip to the Han River and they rented out bicycles to go around the park. They watched the water show and took lots and lots of pictures courtesy of Myungsoo. Hyunseong was delighted but he couldn’t push the idea away that they were doing this because it was his last days with them. He took in everything and flashed a smile at his parents; this is his way of thanking them for their care and generosity.

 

“Hyunseong-ah, Are you happy?” Sunggyu asked and Hyunseong smiled and nodded. “I wish that you’ll stay happy.” Sunggyu uttered and wrapped the boy in an embrace. “Because you make me happy.” He whispered and smiled wide.

 

 

 

----

 

a/n: not so angsty because more angst coming at you~