Of pissed fandoms and word puns

Blue

Apparently my hyungs have a kink for letting me know of their relationship through the press. I mean, seriously?

When news of Bae and Min Hyo Rin noona came out I was happily having dinner with Daesung hyung, all the bad thoughts brought up by Happy Together recording well gone. At some point of the evening our phones started buzzing to the point we couldn’t ignore them anymore.

“What could have happened this time?” I asked while reaching for it

“Hope nothing, I want to have a free-scandal comeback for once” Daesung answered and then chuckled.

Smiling I quickly checked my messages and then snorted “I hate to disappoint you, hyung, but it seems we are having our scandal this time too” he reached for my phone and I passed it. He took a look at the news and then sighed “He seriously is something”

I got up smiling but the moment I had my back at him the smile slipped from my lips. I was confused. Since when they were seeing each other? Wasn’t Bae hyung in love with me? I mean, Daesung said it himself when I was still in the hospital. Yes, that was months ago but then…Bae hyung did things that proved Daesung statement. He kissed me for God’s sake and who knows what we could have done the night he drank with me if I didn’t freak out.

Like a robot I started washing the dishes, thinking hard about it to the point I didn’t hear Daesung following me to watch me from the door. I had mixed feelings about the whole situation: I was annoyed because once again nobody had the decency to say something before news came out; I was happy for Bae hyung, because I knew he liked Min Hyo Rin since Eyes, Nose, Lips and 1AM mvs; I was jealous. The last emotion confused me more than the others. Why should I be feeling jealous?

“Ri…” Daesung’s voice surprised me and I jumped with a not so manly shriek “You are washing the same spoon for the past 5 minutes” he chuckled and I blushed deeply, finally setting aside the said spoon.

“Sorry…I was thinking”

“Yeah…I could actually see the gears working in your brain” I smiled broadly at him and he joined me near the sink “So…what were you thinking so hard of?”

“Bae hyung” I asked resuming my washing task.

“What about him?” he started dry the plates with a rag

“Why am I jealous?” I passed him the next plate

“Because you care” he took it and dried it

“But I love Jiyong” I started on a glass of wine

“You don’t have to love a person to be jealous” he took the glass from my hands

“But…” I turned towards him, water dripping from the gloves I was wearing “You said he loved me…if so, why is he with her?”

“Well…you are pretty obviously still in love with Ji so I imagine he’s trying to move on”

“Isn’t it not fair to her?”

He sighed and put a hand on my shoulder “Ri, stop comparing Bae situation to yours. They are completely different. Tomorrow when you’ll see him you’ll congratulate him and then go on with our schedule”

I nodded and then we resumed our washing task.

 

True to my word to Daesung, the next days I behaved like a good boy and, actually, one week into the dating revelation, I was totally fine with it. All the lingering jealousy feeling were gone and I set my mind to enjoy the preparations for the tour and the releases.  It was a fine period. We were all hyper and things were going smoothly. Kiko disappeared from our lives (I think Ji had a word with her after that day at the beginning of June, when she stopped our practice pretending to go out with Ji for a late dinner), our songs were doing more than good on charts, I had JiYong for myself most of the time…all was fine. So fine I started to fear something would happen to balance all this goodness. And, I was right.
The day of Ji’s scheduled interview with JTBC’s  ‘News Room’ we gathered at his house (yes, he did know if you are wondering) to watch it all together, actually expecting it to be the usual boring interview with the same old questions. It was, for the most of it. He went smoothly through the questions about his enlistment (I shifted uncomfortably on the couch when that came up. I don’t think I’m ready to send any of my hyungs off), his view on where he and BigBang will be in 10 years and many others. When the question about the differences between us and SHINee and Exo came up, we were all already doing everything but listening despite one of our manager.

“Hey, this could be a tricky question” he said focusing our attention on the interview again.

We listened as he answered and the moment he finished his first sentence I groaned, knowing he had just pissed two of the strongest fandoms in our industry.

Won't this statement upset EXO and SHINee fans?

“Thank you Sohn Suk Hee-sshi” said Seunghyun looking at the tv intently “that’s what I would have asked him, even if in a less well-mannered way”

It may upset them but it's an unavoidable fact

Daesung and Bae chuckled but I didn’t “I wouldn’t be too surprised if there already were comments on the net” I sat more on the edge of the sofa. Silence followed my words, broken just by the noise of someone taping really fast on a tablet.

I wouldn't feel confident singing a song another composer wrote for me. I have always expressed myself through song even when I was younger, I would be awkward [singing other composers' songs] compared to other singers

“…” I shook my head at my manager swear “They are already going hard on him”.

“Switch it off” I said getting up “I don’t want to hear it anymore” I walked out of the living room while they were actually doing as I said and went for the fridge where I knew there would be a cold beer.

“He will survive this one too” Bae voice reached me from behind when I was head-in the fridge. I took out a beer for him too and then closed the door.

“I know” I said giving it to him “but I hate it anyway” I smiled and then passed over him.

They stayed at the apartment for some more and then left one by one, leaving me alone to wait for Ji.

It was almost 1am when I finally heard the beeping of the code machine of the front door. I’d started to doze off on the couch so when I finally was able to snap my eyes fully open he was already in the living room, phone at his ear.

“I’m just tired, Kiko” he said falling beside me with a sigh “No, I’m not going out with the others, tomorrow we have to leave for Shanghai” I looked somewhere else, fighting the childish urge to move away or even left the house. Maybe I should have done it anyway, childish or not. It was the first time Kiko was a tangible presence between us in weeks. Immersed in my own thoughts I didn’t catch the last words of their conversation and didn’t even understand that he had hung up till he pressed his hand on my thigh.

“Hey” he was closer than I expected him to be. His warm breath tickled the back of my neck sending shivers down my spine. I shifted, uncomfortable and a little embarrassed, in my sit and made a point of no answering trying hardly to focus on my phone as if it was super interesting. When he understood that I wasn’t going to answer he let his hand travel up and down my thigh with a ghost touch and, God, I used half of my willpower not to release a shaky breath. His damn hands “It was bound to happen” he murmured against my ear, nipping at it “I’m sorry”. He traveled down my neck and pressed a soft kiss on my carotid and he won me. I let out a breath I didn’t thought I was holding and leaned back into his warm body, lightly when his arms wrapped around me. “Did you watch the interview?” I hummed, eyes closed “What do you think?”

I shook my shoulders “You’ve just pissed off two of the biggest and loyal fandoms in our industry but well...you wouldn’t have answered any way different even with a pre decided script so I knew you would have said something like that” he chuckled and I smiled, eyes still closed.

“Well, they can’t be worse than the comments during my scandal”

I frowned “If they even try being that nasty this time I won’t stand back”

“My hero” he kissed my cheek.

“I prefer being your cute maknae”

“Cute maybe some years ago…you’re aging, Riri” I heard the amusement in his tone and I decided to just punish him by pinching one of his arm. He left out a little yelp and then laughed.

I relaxed again against him and for a moment I felt safe. Fine. Nothing could break that moment of absolute peace.

“Let’s go to bed” he finally said after long minutes of silence.

“I can stay?” I turned towards him, surprised. Being that the day after we had to leave I thought he didn’t want to risk being seen heading together to the airport. At least not from the same complex.

“I want you to” he answered while pulling me off the couch and towards the bedroom. I smiled like an idiot and followed him. He released my hand once inside and then we prepared for the night.  

When he exit the bathroom I was already tucked under the blankets of his bed; he climbed beside me and nuzzled his nose against my neck.

“Shouldn’t we be getting ready to sleep?” I asked amused.

“Yes…” he answered slipping a cold hand under my shirt “we are getting ready to sleep together…” he smiled at his word pun and I rolled my eyes but my answer got lost in his lips. 


Annyeeeoooooooong! 

How are you my lovely readers!? We passed 200 subscribers and i'm so happy i could die. Really and you keep showing love to my ff, thank you very very much *bows*

Now, back to the story. You know that i try to follow BB real lives as much as i can in my fics, so when Bae dating rumor (then confirmed) came up, I went through a major crisis. What to do!? 

I decided that even if it was a little forced, i still wanted to be as realistic as possible and so the decision to let Bae be with his new girlfriend here too. Actually i am almost happy it happend, like that I had the perfect excuse to change the dynamics of their relationship :) What do you think!?

Then back to Nyongtori again....god these days they are giving me feels over feels, LOL they are hyper during concerts, i saw fancams that....*blushes* 

Cr: 뇽토리