Midnight text in Valencia

Blue

You would think that once landed in Valencia i would have been too tired to room around the city or even to think of doing it: wrong. That was my manager case.

Once landed, I was hyper and light as a fever. Something I wasn’t used to be anymore. I kept jumping and squealing and jumping again around my manager who, obviously, after 10 minutes was already yelling at me. You know what? I didn’t care. He could yell at me all he wanted and I would have still been smiling.

“Seriously Seunghyun-ah, please calm down”

I grinned and opened the car door for him “But hyung, I am happy”

He looked at me in disbelief for a moment and then sighed “Ok, ok”

The car trip to the hotel was fun and loud: I the music and soon I was singing along some unknown Spanish song in my alien Spanish. It was quiet a view and so my manager soon started laughing at me, almost tearing up. Seeing him happy because of me reminded me of how it was back then, when I wasn’t so gloomy all the time. It was pleasant. It was good. It was right. I felt myself going back in time, returning young again. I made stupid jokes and said things that didn’t have sense and my manager relaxed and started playing along with me. I could saw it in his eyes that he was still a little worried, as if he was expecting me to fall back into my depressed self, but he didn’t say a thing and just enjoyed the moment. And I was thankful for that.

“Hyung you had to turn left!!”

“Ani! The gps said to go straight at the traffic light and then turn left!”

“That was before, hyung! You had to turn left and then right!”

“Ani!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Aish hyung we are going to lose the way like this!”

He grunted something and stopped the car near the walkway “Ok let’s see who’s right” He played a little with the gps mumbling about how he was right for sure when suddenly he shut his mouth. On the display the map was giving ME reason. Without saying a word he the car again and made a quick U turn. We drove in silence for a bit: he was looking at nothing but the road, hands gripping the wheel firmly. I was trying hard not to laugh but when we actually turned the right street (finally!) I couldn’t help myself. First they were giggles, then my tummy started to hurt too much and so I just laughed loud.

“Shut up, brat”

When we arrived at the hotel, ten minutes later, I was still out of breath and felt like I had done a complete program of push-ups with Hwangssabu.

We checked in with me still giggling like an idiot and then reached our rooms. I said two but they were connecting so it was like a very big one. Before even thinking of unpacking my luggage I was flying on the bed, jumping a little when the mattress pushed me back in the air.

“Ah…that’s so comfy” I mumbled in the pillow. I stayed like that for a while and then reached for my phone in my pocket. I rolled on my back and connected the phone to the hotel wifi.

“Let’s call someone”

I scrolled down my agenda and then tapped a name. Soon after the second beep a familiar tune echoed in my ear.

Throw your hands in the air. Keep your hands in the air. We're gonna be reachin' for the sky tonight. And we're gonna light it up. Rise tonight.

“Hello?” a muffled and sleepy voice answered me.

“Hyung! You greedy hyung, you put your own song as the phone ring!”

“Who’s this?” I was barely able to understand what he was saying.

“Yah, Bae hyung, it’s me, Seunghyun”

“Oh…Seunghyun-ah…what’s wrong?” I heard a rustling noise.

“I wanted to call to say hi” I stood up to sit with my leg crossed.

“You’re already feeling lonely?” he yawned “That’s why I told you leaving was a bad idea. You’re not meant to be alone, maknae”.

“Yah, I just wanted to reassure you but I see that there’s no need at all” I frowned “So I’ll hung up hyung, ok? By-…”

“Wait! Wait, don’t hung up, let’s talk”

Hearing his panicking tone I smiled mischievously to myself. I can seriously be a little devil sometimes “Oh, you want to talk hyung? Are YOU” and I put emphasize on the subject “feeling lonely, hyung?”

Bae chuckled “Ah, seriously maknae, we taught you too well”  

“Damn right”

“Don’t swear to hyung”

“I don’t see any hyung here, hyung”

“You…”

I chuckled and relaxed against the bed headboard “Seriously now, hyung, where you sleeping?”

“Of course I was sleeping, it’s 3AM in the morning here”

“Ops…” laughers echoed through the phone and in my room “Sorry, I just wanted to hear someone” unspoken words were telling another truth but we both decided not to bring up the topic “How’s going there?”

“Everything is fine, Seunghyun, you decided to leave for Europe to unplug your mind from Korea problems, just stick to the plan”

“I know, I know…that’s why I called you and not Bingu hyung”

He chuckled “He would not even answer” this time was me that laughed hard “What are your plans for tomorrow?”

“Valencia football match in the evening” I sounded excited like a five years old child “And a little match with Valencia fc little players” well, maybe that’s why.

“Ah, you’re going thanks to Kim Lim?”

“Yup, she and Peter Lim hyung nim were so kind when I contacted them”

“That’s good. You need some real fun”

“You too, hyung”

“I still have things to do here”

“How are your solo tour preparations going?”

“Unpredictably smoothly”

I chuckled again “Don’t say that too much aloud”

“Ahah you’re right”

There was a long moment of silence after that. I looked outside the big window near my bed while lulled by Bae calm but deep breathing sound.

“I miss you, maknae” he said after some minutes.

I couldn’t help but smile “It’s not even a day, hyung”

“That’s what bothering me…I have stuff to do, I can’t worry over a little brat who has decided to leave for Europe alone”

My smile grew wider “I’m not alone and I’m not 10”

“Are you sure? I bet your manager wants to quit already” at this I started laughing like crazy “See…? What have you done to him?”

“Nothing! I swear hyung he did all by himself! He didn’t see a turn and so we kinda lost for a moment even tho I knew the road and told him. but he was stubborn so he did as he wanted and when we finally found the correct street he was super embarrassed because I was right. I tried not to laugh, I swear…” at the thought I felt myself there to start chuckling again.

“Ah…poor hyung”

“I’ll behave I promise”

“I trust you on this maknae”

Another long moment of silence in which I tried to find the courage to ask him about Ji. It’s true that I left primary because of him and our absurd situation, but I couldn’t help thinking about him. I was still wearing the necklace with his ring and I even packed one of his shirt for the trip. I’m a hopeless case, I know.

“He’s fine”I jumped, scared by Youngbae ability of reading my silence “A little down because you left without saying him a word but he’s focusing on work so he’s doing quite fine” I breathed hard “She hasn’t been around him since that night after the concert. I think they had a fight o something like that” I remembered how he sneaked in my room that same night and a chills run down my spine while my free hand grabbed his ring.  “Seunghyun hyung is checking on him every three hours”

I didn’t know how to answer. I could just imagine how difficult it was for him to tell me those things “Bae…” I tried but he interrupted me.

“Daesung is doing fine too, busy helping here and there for iKON debut and all…but it’s seriously late here, maknae, I need some rest” I almost heard the plea “I’m going back to sleep, behave, ok?”

I sighed and passed a hand on my face “Yeah, hyung, thank you, good night”

There was a moment of silence and then “Call me again if you want to talk…” then he hung up.

I leaned on the headboard with my head and closed my eyes, letting the sudden silence fill my entire body. Body that still missed his touch to the point it was almost hurting. Falling asleep was starting to be quite an experience since that night; every time I tried to close my eyes, flashed of us on his bed kept keeping me awake. And then that other night when he was looking at me with guilt and regret because he couldn’t say no to Kiko.  

“Ah…hyung we are going to age too soon because of all of this ” I mumbled to no one. Then I got up and started unpacking and preparing for the night.

I did a long hot shower and then eat some snack while surfing on my note book (music in the background of course). My manager checked on me at some point and wished me good night. The jet lag was killing him. Once alone I stayed up some more till at 11pm I decided to lay in the bed. Trying to postpone the moment I would have to close my eyes, I surfed a little more on the social networks checking on friends, colleagues and news from the entertainment world (I was still so shocked about Jessica leaving SNSD weeks before).

At 11:45 pm I was done too, the jet lag completely overpowered me. I put the phone on recharge on the night stand and turned off the lights, hoping to fall asleep without weird memories floating in my mind.

I think I had done something wrong in my previous life because when I was finally there to fall asleep my phone decided to start vibrating and flashing light all over my poor and tired face. With a loud groan that could have woken up the entire hotel, I grabbed it, ready to rail against the evil soul who have decided to send me a message in that moment.

All of my rage vanished the moment I saw the name on the screen.

From: Ji hyung-nim

Bae told me you’re at the hotel already. That’s good. Have fun, maknae.

“Seriously…Bae hyung…they should give you and official shiny armor and a nobel for your kindness” I felt the tears collecting at the corner of my eyes and did nothing to fight them back. I was so happy that he had texted me. I was so happy that he decided to break his own rule again to check on me.

To: Ji hyung-nim

Hyung~  Bae told me you’re working at the studio. Don’t overdo yourself, eat and rest properly even tho I’m not there to nag.

I smiled and put the phone near me and not on the nightstand like before. Something was telling me that after that text, more were there to come. 


Annyeooooooong

I'm back! This chap was so much fun to right LOL 
My dear friend Kira90 released her next gri video this morning so if you're a gri shipper and you want to know more about how fake Jiko is and how things went for real after Ri's accident, check her video on Youtube! here's the link: G-Ri is real: Mysteries & Answers 

As always comments are super welcomed <3