The Start of a Bigger Problem

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V 

Was this even happening? Or did I imagine it all? He couldn't have confessed, why would he in the first place?

There were so many unanswered questions bombarding my head, and I was trying to let all the abrupt information sink in as an uncomfortable silence settled in on us. I tried to reason before telling Seunghyun to shut up, but I couldn't help it. I didn't want to overthink his actions, but it was hard not to do so when he was behaving like that, frustrating and confusing me during the whole process. 

“Shut up,” I said to him, and he turns to look at me with an unreadable expression on his face. I was starting to feel self-conscious under his gaze, but I tried to ignore how my cheeks reddened.

Seunghyun remained silent after my words, and I noticed we were still standing in that same, awkward position from before. He seemed to not notice how my arms were uncomfortable around him, but the tension that was pressing down on us was enough to speak for myself.

“W-What is it that you want from me?” I tried to get a grip of myself and faced him, but I failed to appear unbothered when I stuttered.

I was flustered to say the least, but how wouldn’t I when Seunghyun suddenly kissed me without warning me and then confessed he loved me? What kind of pathetic joke was that? Does he even know what just happened? Because I’m not sure myself. Everything was blurry in my head, and my thoughts were shooting crazily through my mind, they were so loud I barely heard my voice.

“Eunjung, what do you mean?” I heard him ask, and his previous unreadable expression was replaced by a confused frown, and I couldn’t help but scoff at his facial language.

He is the one who confesses his supposed love, and then demands an explanation from me as if I owe him one. Why was he answering my question with another question? He had no right to do so. It was my turn to feel confused and angry, it was my turn to demand explanations and yell right at his face if I wanted to, but why was he acting like I was the one who confessed?

“You have no right to be confused,” I argued back, though I didn’t aim to sound harsh, I couldn’t help it, and to keep being honest I didn’t care at all.

“What?” He answers me with a question yet again, successfully upsetting me in the process.

I chuckled and shook my head not believing the current situation unfolding before me.

After 5 long, painful seconds of complete silence Seunghyun is the first one to react and steps back from me, my arms drop from their early position around him and we stay staring at each for other 5 seconds.

“Eunjung, why are you -?” he was back to question me, and I was having none of it, indeed I wasn’t going to stand him any longer.

“Can you stop with your damn questions and answer my questions for once?” I cut him off and sighed before proceeding, “you are upsetting me.”

He frowns at me, and I wanted to punch him for pushing my buttons like that, “whatever.”

And that’s when I lost it.

“Whatever? Did you just say ‘whatever’,” I stepped forward towards him and pointed a finger at his chest, “you just didn’t say that, did you?”

Seunghyun tilted his head a bit to the left, “I don’t understand what’s your problem.”

I started to chuckle sarcastically, and it was too fake and even painful for my ears. I couldn’t get a grip of myself, not when he was insisting to upset me. It was like his confession didn’t even happened, like the kiss didn’t even happened, and we were back to argue like before. I couldn’t stand him, I couldn’t swallow his attitude, and I wasn’t going to let him toy with my feelings like that. For once, I was sure of how I felt, and I felt angry and for some, stupid reason I was also disappointed.

“My problem starts with you and ends with you, do you get the clue?” I was feeling bold, so I pushed a hand in his shoulder, nudging him back. “Do you get the hint or not? Should I make it more painfully obvious for your dumb brain to get the idea? You tell me, Seunghyun,” before he could part his lips to speak I was quick to cut him off, I wasn’t expecting his response at all, not when all he has done was questioned me back and forth, “I’m done with you.”

For once, I wasn’t fluster. The quickening pace of my heart was still hard to ignore as it thumped against my chest, but I was angry and didn’t want to overthink his confession. After all, it’s not like I can take Seunghyun seriously, every time I did I ended up hurt.

“I don’t even know how to label our relationship, if we have one to start with. You are so confusing and frustrating to the point it’s irritating. You made it, you did, you managed to upset me once again, and I’m not even surprised,” I nudged him back once more as to state my point clearly, “you said you don’t understand me, but how will you understand me when you don’t understand yourself? How does that make sense? You don’t make sense.”

“Eunjung, can you -?”

“No.” I didn’t even have to listen to what he was about to ask to answer. Even after I told him not to question me, he still feels bold and does it. “I just can’t believe you. You are the one confessing your supposed ‘love’, and then you dare to question me?” I ma

Please log in to read the full chapter