Expectation

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V 

 

"Turn right on this street.” I signaled him, but he seem to ignore my instruction. “No, is right –right.”

He ended up turning left, and could only slap my forehead mentally. Wasn’t my voice clear? I am starting to think he turn left on purpose, but why?

I was tired, it was 1AM, and I’m pretty sure the girls are still waiting for me. I hope they just give up and went to sleep, after all I did say I was hanging out with the girls, but here I am with an awkward sunbae who seem not to hear my directions.

“Sorry, I got suddenly confuse.” He broke the silence.

Wait what? I clearly told him to go right, didn't I?

I sighed and nodded at his lame excuse. I know he heard me, and his statement was far from convincing me. Seriously, what he was playing?

“No problem.” I reassure him. I couldn’t complain, after all he was being way too good to me.

He didn’t have to buy the supplies to cure my knees, he didn’t have to offer me a drive to the dorm, and bother to insist when I turned him down, and he didn’t have to be concern about me.

He chuckled at my response and nodded afterwards.

Was I that funny? Because he chuckled in every chance he got. Is not that I complain, the view was amusing. The sudden change from serious intimidating T.O.P, to weird cute Seunghyun was a unique sight. And I saw myself slowly becoming more and more interested on him.

“Okay, in the next street you will turn right, okay? Turn right.” I make myself clear this time. As much as I didn’t mind his company, I was tired and I was actually worry than the rest of the girls were waiting for me awake.

“Are you sure? Because I turn left earlier, and now we are entering another intersection.” He spoke.

I squinted my eyes and wonder a little where to turn. I wasn’t sure about what to do, so I shrugged my shoulders and parted my lips. “Follow straight?”

“Why are you making it sound like a question? You are not sure yourself?”

This time I turned to stare at him. “Well, whose fault was to turn left when I said right? Not mine…”

He didn’t turned his stare from the road. “But then, whose fault is not to know the dorm’s direction even if a wrong turn was taken? Not mine…”

So he wanted to play along. “Then, whose fault is to not ask the direction if you are confuse? Not mine…”

“Seriously, whose fault it is to want to walk alone to the dorm this late? Not mine…”

“Well, whose fault it is to chase after another person because they were peacefully walking alone? Not mine…”

“So you want to play dirty? Okay, whose fault was it to slap another person who was trying to help? Not mine…”

“Then, whose fault was it to approach the other like you were about to kiss her? Not mine…” There I said it.

I instantly regretted my words, and he turned to look at me.

“What?” He asked.

I turned my face away and felt my cheeks burning again.

“So the slap was for that. You thought I was approaching you because I wanted to kiss you?” This time he started to laugh. “This is amusing, you are blushing again.”

“No, I’m not.” I covered my cheeks.

Our childish argument ended at this point, and I could only cursed myself mentally.

“Hey, don’t be so sad. I’m not gross out by the idea, want to try it?” He teased me, so I decided to play along.

I smirked and turned to face him. “Okay, but as long as I get to hit you.”

He chuckled, and grunted in agreement before stopping the car.

What was happening?

I turn my gaze to the road, and we ended up stop by the red light of a semaphore.

He is not serious, right? He turned to stare at me again, and I turned to face him, but the moment I did he started approaching me dangerously.

I leaned back into the seat, but he leaned closer and closer to me.

“I wasn’t serious.” I manage to say.

“But I am.” He smirked, and leaned closer until I felt his hot breath in my face.

Crap, can’t this light change faster?

I leaned back, and he approach to me more.

My brain was a chaos of thoughts. Was he going to kiss me? Did I wanted that? His cologne was intoxicating my senses. And this red light must be the longest in the history of semaphores.

He was in a dangerous proximity, and I involuntary stared at his lips. I bit mine and I shook my head at my sudden action. I lifted my gaze and our eyes met.

He was really serious? At the idea my heart started to thump louder. 

When he extended his arm to one side of my seat I covered my lips without hesitating, but then I was surprised by his next action.

“Many tragic accidents occurred because people doesn’t put on their seatbelts.” He suddenly stat

Please log in to read the full chapter