Lies Before the Truth

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

I just wanted to burn out the thought of him through the performance, so I admit I exaggerated some moves and that’s why I was the more exhausted out of all the members we went down the stage.

Even if the kiss we share didn’t mean anything to him, for me it was still hard to ignore even after almost a week since we last met.

I have ignored all his tries to contact me. He had texted me and even called me, and although I did felt bad for not answering I still remained firm. On Friday, I was so tempted to answer his call, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss. I know I am acting like a kid, and that at my age a kiss like that shouldn’t matter, but it hurts to know he doesn’t feel the same.

I have been trying hard to avoid him just to evade my feelings and try to forget how my heart casually beats harder when am I with him. I have been trying to neglect this blossoming feeling but is impossible to not blush just when our eyes meet.

He affects me in different ways, and I am even surprised how this could grow with our odd meetings. I am starting to appreciate how this friendship between us is developing, but it is too early to ask for something else?

Of course, he doesn’t even feel the same, and that’s why I tried to lie to myself and convince my mind that I hate him, but is so hard.

I and the rest of the members were walking back to the dressing room.

I was far behind too distracted, lost in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice the box positioned in front of a dressing room in the corridor I was walking through.

I hit the box with my leg and tripped slightly. I stabilize myself and let out a sigh when I saw the bright cloths of different colors fell out the box when I accidentally kicked it.

Great.

I looked up, but it seemed like my members were already too far in front.

I knelt down and started to pick up the pieces of clothing.

I let out an exaggerated sigh and that’s when I heard a voice cut in the corridor.

“Yoon Becky.”

That voice was all too familiar, and I haven’t heard someone call me by that name in a long, long time. It was, without a doubt, him.

“Taec?” I turned around, and I was coincidentally meet the person I expected.

It was Taecyeon.

Just when I wanted to forget about Seunghyun he reminds me of the conversation of ideal types I had with him. I recalled having a talk about Taecyeon, so without wanting to, he made me remember about that eventful night.

“Hello, Taec, how are you?” I greeted him.

“How long has it been?” Taecyeon asked.

I can’t really recall. “Well, since ‘Dream High’ 3 years, so I am surprised you still remember the name of my character.”

He smiled. “Yes, it has been so long, but you have my number, why haven’t you texted me?”

“The same I ask you.” I chuckled, “the truth is my friend, that life has been so eventful since the preparations of the comeback that I don’t have time to even breathe.” I sighed. “What about you?”

“You know, just the usual,” He said. “Last week my group made a comeback, yet we still couldn’t catch on each other. It's good that we did now.”

“Yes,” I said, “anyways, is your schedule for today done?”

“No, it has been hectic this last week,” he started, “we have some fan meetings to do, so right now I am not free, but damn it Eunjung, a call someday wouldn’t hurt you.”

I chuckled loudly, “you know is hard to meet, but yes we could call each other sometime.”

“You better,” he smiled at me.

I smiled back at him, “anyways, if you are not too busy you can walk me to my dressing room and say hello.”

“I think I have ten minutes.” He declared, “okay, you guide the way.”

I nodded and placed the box back after picking up the last piece of cloth.

“Oh, I see you are still clumsy.” He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and turned to stare at him before signaled him to follow me.

He walked by my side and we both fell quiet for a moment, the silence didn’t felt awkward like it sometimes feels with Seunghyun, but I knew he wanted to say something.

“What do you want to say?” I asked looking at his side profile.

He chuckled and shook his head. “Do you really want me to ask?”

I shouldn’t be afraid, right? “Go on, what it is?”

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and so did I.

“Is not a serious question, and I know I am too late, but I really want to see your expression in case you are lying to me.”

“What?”

He grinned, “okay, answer me truthfully.”

Why can’t I stop thinking about Seunghyun? “Sure, I will.”

“Okay,” Taecyeon nodded, “are those dating rumors with T.O.P from BIGBANG actually true?”

Crap, why? Why couldn’t he just text me? Why couldn’t he just call me? Why did he need to ask this specific question?

I hope my expression didn’t seem unsettled. I just chuckled awkwardly and smiled before hitting his shoulder playfully. “Hey! Don’t speak nonsense.”

He smirked.

“Don’t get such weird ideas.” I giggled, “you could have just called me, so why you have to wait until we finally meet?”

His smirk widened, “why am I getting the idea that there is something more?”

“Ok Taec Yeon, just stick to your business. T.O.P and I are not even friends.” I admit I lied, but I suddenly panicked. I didn’t expect this question; I was not prepared for answering.

Although the rumors aren’t true they feel like they might be, I mean, we even went out on a date, we almost kiss, and I actually feel something for him.

I just wanted to arrive at my dressing room now.

He started to laugh at me and followed closely behind. This was the perfect moment to change topics.

“So, Taec, how is your group doing -?”

“Why so eager to change topics?” He cut me off, "Jung, in all seriousness is really amusing how are you dating a senior.”

“Taec, I am not dating him,” I reassured him. “Even you and me dating is more believable; I am not even friends with T.O.P.” I lied yet again, and I knew I was digging my own grave.

“Okay, okay.” He shrugged his shoulders while grinning at me. “Sorry, curiosity got the best of me.”

He can be really annoying sometimes, but I still smiled back at him.

After that he didn’t question me anymore, so we successfully move on to another topic.

We were still talking during the walk all way to my dressing room, so when we arrived we stop at the door and talk for a bit more.

“Don’t you want to enter?”

“I need to go.”

“Just say hello and go back.” I insisted.

“Fine.” He gave in easier than I thought he will.

I turned the knob, but the door was lock so I started to knock on the door.

I didn’t hear anything on the other side until I saw the door knob rattle.

I saw Boram when she opened the door, and she bowed at Taecyeon before he greeted her back.

There was something odd about the air in this room that wasn’t welcoming me inside somehow, but I still did nonetheless.

Taecyeon entered first and I did after him, but the moment I saw the man I have tried hard to ignore these past days something on me went off.

I didn’t know whether I was more annoy or happy for having seen him. But it seems like I was more annoy, I was indeed really shocked.

Just when I lied to Taecyeon about Seunghyun, he decides to appear in no other place than in my dressing room, talking to my members in my room. This is just great, what a welcoming sight this is.

He knows I don’t want him here, yet he crossed the imaginary limit I traced. Of all the places, my dressing room was prohibited.

He too seemed a bit surprised, but I didn’t care about what he was feeling, I just wanted him to go.

Taecyeon bowed to him and greet him, but the great didn’t even acknowledge his existence. He is being not only a jerk but also rude with my friend.

“What are you doing here?” I hope my irritation wasn’t too obvious.

He didn’t answer rapidly, he stayed quiet for a moment before answering, “nothing.”

Nothing? So you come to my dressing room, when I say I didn’t want you to, and even act rudely with

Please log in to read the full chapter