Puzzle

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

 

My mind was filled by the thought of him. Four days have passed since that night, but it is amusing how his exact words still lingered in my thoughts repeating themselves over and over again. Yes, I’m very much disappointed. That was his response, but now the one disappointed was me.

It was frustrating that day and night I will be thinking of him, so the hours felt eternal. I was somehow anticipating our next performance on Inkigayo just to see him, and again I’m shock by my words.

But here I am in front of the mirror taking a last glance at my appearance before walking out of the room and into the silent living room. The silence was odd, but the other members were too tired to annoy each other this late at night. I was tired as well, the schedules are too chaotic, but since I couldn’t sleep I accept the Yoomi offer to hang out, and with a cup of black coffee I was more than awake.

I was wide-awake, but I was  not going to walk alone in the street, so after standing up in front of the dorm gates for 15 minutes a taxi stopped in front of me, and I was more than glad.

Before I could open the door the driver stepped out and unlock the door for me, I smiled at him and went inside.

After he walked back to the driver’s door and went inside he turned back to stare at me.

“Where to, young lady?” He asked me.

I tell him the restaurant name Yoomi texted me. I wasn’t sure where the place was, but he began to drive.

The ride was quiet and since the streets were not crowded we arrived rapidly in the European theme restaurant I agree to meet with Yoomi and Jaeri.

I smiled at the driver and paid the amount he charge me, and quickly stepped out of the taxi. I was feeling anxious for some reason, but my stomach was not tickling so I knew it wasn’t a bad feeling.

Yeah, as weird as it sounds I started believing in my stomach, so with that confidence I enter the restaurant. I was greeted by a tall antique vase where I saw my reflection. I sighed at my appearance, whoever ever saw me in this state will never believe I’m an idol.

I didn’t care putting on make-up since I was hanging out with Yoomi and Jaeri. She assured me we were going to spend time alone, so I didn’t put the greatest effort on my looks. I took the risk, and if we were meeting someone apart from the girls I was going to strangle Yoomi.

I shrugged my shoulders and kept on walking, and all my fears vanished the moment I saw Yoomi wave a hand at me. I stare at the surroundings and I only saw Jaeri in the table, so I sighed in relief, but for a short moment.

Out of a sudden I felt someone hugged me from behind and I was startle. I turn around ready to punch whoever was the stranger hugging me, but I was surprised by the sight of other one of my friends.

“Dahyun!” Without hesitating I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

Dahyun started to laughed and hug me tighter. “Oh my god, how long has it been?”

I couldn’t either recalled when was the last time we met, I was just happy that I was meeting her again. I did not regretted my decision of hanging out with Yoomi, but I started to regret not even putting on some eye-liner when I saw the pretty doll-up face of Dahyun. Well crap, I was still happy.

____________________

The hours felt like minutes. I gasped in surprise when Dahyun pull out her phone to check the time. It was already 11PM.

We sadly bid her goodbye after she excused herself.

After we exit the restaurant we decided to walk around, but minutes later Jaeri received a call from her roommate at college and she needed to go, so I ended up alone with Yoomi.

We were quietly walking through the empty streets, and the silence felt good. How I miss hanging with my friends like this, without worrying about anything or anyone at all. At times like these I started to envy my friends. They aren’t idols, they can live peacefully without worrying about someone watching their every move, waiting for the simplest of their fault to come out for the media to attack like hungry lions. In the industry you can go from the Nation’s little sister to the dirtiest real quick. At this accelerate pace there’s almost no space to breath freely, but as odd as it sounds I don’t regret my decision. Every dream comes with a price, so I guess these are my consequences.

Noting how quiet I was, deep in thought, Yoomi shook my arm and I turned to stare at her. “Huh?”

“Are you okay?” Yoomi chuckled.

“Yeah, I was just thinking.” I replied burying my cold hands in the pockets of my jeans. "I'm spacing off a lot hese days." 

“Thinking?” Yoomi chuckled again. “Have you being deep in thought these days?”

“Kind of.”

“About…?” She keep on questioning.

“Many things…” I answered unsurely.

“In those many things, have a particular someone trouble your mind?” Yoomi asked smirking at me.

A particular someone? “What are you -?” I cut myself mid-sentence when I realized what that ‘particular someone’ meant. After a whole evening without even hearing the mention of his name, did Yoomi seriously have to bring that up? “Really, Yoomi? Are you serious, right now?"

She started to laugh at my slightly

Please log in to read the full chapter