Apology

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

 

The lights went off, and our performance ended. I felt suddenly suffocated in the spot, I was exhausted after a sleepless night, and I wanted no more than to greet my pillow once again.

The cheers were louder by the second, and the fans’ support was all I needed to feel a bit more re-energized, but still the heavy tiredness I felt wasn’t ease.

After standing in the final pose for what seem were 10 seconds, Qri reacted and started to bow at the back-up dancers, and so started to do Hyomin. I turned back and forced myself to bow as I smile and expressed my gratefulness over and over again by saying a low “thank you”.

We started to exit the stage after waving at some fans in the front row shaking their posters up and down frantically for us to see. They were really cute trying to make themselves be noticed in the large crowd, and I felt touched. I guess these days I am too emotional.

After another section of bows, waving and even blowing kisses I followed Soyeon out of the stage, and I felt relieved the moment I entered backstage. All the nervousness I felt performing vanished as I suddenly relax and close my eyes to let out a tired sigh.

As I stared at the hall I saw Qri retreating back, so I forced my legs to move, but then out of a sudden, I felt a pat on my shoulder.

“Are you okay?” It was Jiyeon.

I nodded assuring her I was.

“You look really tired, Jung, you should get some rest.” The concerned in her voice was refreshing and I nodded once again before parting my lips to speak. “No, Yeon, we all need some rest. Don’t worry I’m just a little bit tired, nothing to be concerned about.”

She broke into a warm smile and patted my shoulder once more before grabbing my wrist to led me through the hall. I followed her pace, and a comfortable silent settled between us before she turned to stare at me letting go of my wrist.

“You told me this morning you weren’t getting sleep that much.” She started. “Why?”

I also questioned myself. Why wasn’t I able to sleep at all? Well, to be honest, I might know the answer, but I didn’t want the possibility to cross my mind. “Is just insomnia. I don’t know, I have been weird these days.”

“How long?”

Since the last time, I met with Yoomi, to be honest. “3 days ago?” I made it sound like a question because I myself wasn’t sure.

Jiyeon tilted her head and she seemed to analyze what I said. I really like Jiyeon’s warm side, but when she over-analyzes things she is the stubbornest person. I just hope she didn’t react with something weird.

“Well…” And there she goes. “Was it since that night you arrived really late to the dorm looking like crap?”

Wow, thank you, Jiyeon. Yes, I get it. I looked like a beggar that night, but there is seriously no need to remind me. Is not that I don’t mind remembering I look like a beggar, but instead remembering what happen that night.

“I seriously can’t believe your taste.”

I chuckled sarcastically, maybe this was Jiyeon’s way to show her concern. She would appear really warm at first instance, and then she will go over-analyzing things, but it is her way of showing she actually cares. But again, there is no need to remember me I looked like crap. “I know…”

“Yeah, you do.” She said in an ironic manner and turned back to stare at the front stopping her tracks in front of our dressing room after the other members have entered.

Well, at least, I can get some sleep now, but first I got to deal with Jiyeon and her over-analyzing section.

She opened the door and we both stepped in.

I went to sat on the sofa spreading my legs to prevent Jiyeon for sitting, but then Boram stared questioningly at me, and when I show resistance she turned to sat in my legs.

Great, just great. Now I have to deal with Boram and Jiyeon at the same time, who else wants to join the party?

“Yah, sit down, let me have space.” Jiyeon folded her arms in front of her chest.

I really didn’t have another option, Boram’s weigh started to make my legs hurt, and she make it worse by moving on purpose. “Fine!”

I shook Boram, and she turned her head to smirk at me before standing for me to retreat my legs. When I did she rapidly sat down, and so did Jiyeon. Ah, these two.

“So?” Jiyeon started again wanting to proceed the conversation we had before entering the room, but I wanted no more than to doze off.

“What?”

“What were you looking like crap that night?” Jiyeon started to question me.

If I play the fool and pretend I don’t know what she is talking about she would not back up, but instead will annoy the hell out of me, so the sooner I deal with her the fastest I will able to get some sleep, right?

It was a good logic, but to what extent will I be willing to reveal what happen that night?

“Eunjung…” Jiyeon cut my thoughts.

“Huh?” I reacted. “Oh, right, you were asking me. Okay, I was looking like – Yah, I get I was looking like crap, no need to remind me.”

Jiyeon almost rolled her eyes. “Just tell me.”

“I was hanging out with some friends, so I wasn’t in the mood to doll up.”

“What friends?” I heard Boram’s voice suddenly asked.

Crap, I will not be able to escape both Jiyeon and Boram. I should really start making some good- excuses. “Oh, they were some school friends, and before you guys ask, yes, they were all girls. Only girls, just girls, an evening just for girls.” That didn’t go smooth.

Jiyeon stared at me, and I really hope she didn’t note how I emphasize the word ‘girls’. I didn’t look suspicious, right? I turned to Boram to find an answer and she just smirked at me. My fear came true once again, they were not buying it.

“Okay, we get it,” Boram spoke. “They were all girls, huh?”

“Yes.” I slipped on a small lie, they don’t need to know.

After seeming to analyze my rather calm expression Jiyeon chuckled and nodded her head slowly. Now, what did that meant?

“I think they were all indeed girls, Boram. I know you were sleeping when she arrived but you should have seen her.” She let out a giggle seeming to have remembered a funny mental image about me that night.

Well, I prefer 100 times to have Jiyeon laughing at how I looked like crap instead of pushing me to answer her tangled questions. It was a relief she believed I just met with the girls. After all, looking like crap that night was helpful. The sleep I didn’t get last night, and the other night and the night before that one, was finally going to be granted to me because of how I looked that night. God seem to have pity me taking in consideration how the rest of the evening went wrong and was now letting me have some rest as Jiyeon and Boram settled to believe I just met with the girls.

Great, this is actually great.

Jiyeon and Boram keep on talking no longer wanting to annoy me, so I just sat there in the middle of the two listening to their talk as I slowly started to doze off and on, I wasn’t fighting the sleep, and just when I thought I was finally going to have a well-deserve nap, Hyomin called my name.

“Yah, Eunjung.” She started.

I tried to ignore her calls, but she turned to stare at me waving a phone in her hand.

“Seriously, Hyo, couldn’t you just call me earlier?” I replied. “What now?”

“Some strange number has kept texting you. I am tired of hearing it vibrating every time a damn message enter. Just answer or turned it off.” Hyomin said.

I grunted. Was the world allied to not let me sleep?

“Catch it.” Hyomin said attempting to throw my precious phone, but before she could commit that insanity I waved my hands frantically to stop her. “Don’t throw it.”

With my last source of strength, I pull myself up blocking Boram’s view of Jiyeon.

Hyomin extended her arm to me, and I took slow steps towards her extending my arm to grabbed my phone. I stared at the screen and stared at the unfamiliar digits. Great, even a stranger was preventing me from getting some sleep. “I should really start blocking strange numbers.”

“I told you to do so.” Hyomin declared.

In fact, she did but I was lazy that one time she reminded me, so I just let it pass, and now I was suffering the consequences. A complete stranger was texting me, and he interrupted the sleep I was finally granted after 3 eternal, sleepless nights.

Great, who are you? And what is so important that you have to bother me?

I sighed and unlocked my phone sliding my finger through the screen before pressing the messenger icon. I then pressed on the recent texts I receive from the stranger, and I was met with 5 different messages from the same person. Okay, one message is an accident, but 5?

Rolling my eyes, I stared down traveling my gaze through the first message.

S: Hey, don’t ask how I got your number, I just wanted to apologize, but since I couldn’t personally I got your number.

I frowned, but didn’t think too much about the message, I was more than sure he was a stranger, but a weird possibility crossed my mind the moment I read the second message.

S: Okay, okay, I got your number from Yoomi.

Oh hell no, there was no way that it could be that person. There’s no way he actually dared to ask Yoomi for my number, but again this could just be a stranger, there a lot of girls named Yoomi in Korea, right?

I tried to calm myself down blindly believing in my last statement, but it all came crumbling down when the possibility was confirmed in the third message.

S: I don’t know why were you crying that night we met, but I hope you are okay now. I also saw your performance minutes ago, you were all good.

I processed the information and swallowed down. I tried to control my expression because I didn’t want any of the members to notice how affected I suddenly was.

I forgot I needed to sleep, my mind was filled with the thought of him…again!

S: Sorry, for keep on bothering you but I wanted to talk to you. Are you in the dressing room?

I stopped to lift my gaze and stared at my door, I felt the urge to lock it, but my sudden action will look suspicious. Crap, this can’t be happening!

S: Okay, I am actually outside of your dressing room. Can you come out, or do you want me to knock?

“NO!” I shouted out of no-where, and all my members turned to look at me, exactly what I didn’t want. I disregard their weirded-out stares, my focus right now was to stop Seunghyun from knocking, but I make things more complicated by suddenly shouting like a mad person. Great, Eunjung, way to go.

“Are you okay, Jung?” Soyeon asked me, and I nodded rapidly not wasting a second to walk to the door. “I am fine; I just need to go…to go…yeah, to go pee.” I replied turning the knob.

“Okay.” Soyeon let it pass, and I couldn’t be gladder.

I opened the door and shut it close the moment I stepped out. When I did I expected to meet him right away, but he wasn’t there. Okay, now where are you?

First, he interrupts my soon to be a nap, then I almost had an attack when I read he was outside, and now he wasn’t here. What the hell are you playing, Choi Seung Hyun?”

Fine! If he can play like this, then I can play too. Just when I was about to turned back and open the door I heard a deep voice call my name lowly.

I was startled becaus

Please log in to read the full chapter