Dirty Thoughts

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

 

After slipping a lie to Soyeon I felt guilty, but I was not going to admit I was outside to meet with Seunghyun. It took an entire week for them to stop teasing me about him, to again have them believe we are dating, because in reality we are not. I wouldn’t be so bothered if the rumors were true, but they are not, and their teasing wasn’t helping me trying to ignore the thought of him day and night. They finally settled to let go of the rumor, and I didn’t want to give them reasons to doubt of me, but it feels wrong to lie and lie and just because of HIM.

He is guilty of all the chaos my mind has been through, and of all the lies I have casually started to slip in, not only to my members but also to Yoomi. I just wished I know how does he really feels about me for me to finally ignore the possibility that he might like me a bit because I am sure he doesn’t. With luck, I might be a friend to him, and I starting to doubt it after the last meeting where I actually slapped him because I meant it. That slap wasn’t an accident and he knew it. As much as I hated to admit it, I really want to know his thoughts about me, not that is going to change a thing, but I want to know what does he think of me.

I found myself deep in thought again when suddenly the tone of my phone startled me. I felt the device vibrate on my thigh and I drift back to reality. Turning the phone to see the screen, my gaze met the strange digits from before. I stared down and let out a sigh.

What does he like to bother me so much?

I unlocked the screen and taped into his message to read.

S: I hope you are not mad at me because tonight you are taking me to dinner.

What hell? I hesitated whether to text him back or not, but I couldn’t help but replied to him.

E: Why am I going to take you to dinner?

His reply came quickly.

S: Did you forget? Because I didn’t, should I remind you about what you promise?

I didn’t understand what was he referring to, so I doubted for a moment.

E: Are you sure you are texting the right person?

S: The one and only, cute liar, Jung.

I rolled my eyes at my new-found nickname and prevented myself from blushing because I could seriously hear his voice replaying that nickname over and over again in my head.

E: First, I don’t like that nickname, and second, I didn’t know I promise a dinner to you.

Seriously, when did I promise something to him? I can recount our meetings from that night he drove me to the dorm, to the night he followed me out of the café, and I don’t recall having promised something to him. What was I missing?

S: Okay, do you remember that night you scratch your knees? Well, after that I took you to a nearby store to treat your wounds, and you felt sorry that I bought the supplies so you promise me you will treat me some time. Remember now? Since you said it, I have the right to choose when, and I want to meet you tonight.

It took some seconds to processed what I read, and then the realization hit me. It was true, I did say that, and now I was regretting it so badly. My mouth has a mind of its own because I just dig my grave. I could just break my promise or pretend I don’t know what he is talking about, but it felt wrong. Is not like he is inventing some excuse, it was indeed true, painfully real. I should really start to take care of what I say.

After thinking it through and re-reading his message for the third time I decided to ignore him, but then his next message set me off. He really likes to bother me, doesn’t he?

S: Since you are not replying why don’t I go and pay a casual visit to your dressing room to see if you can finally remember?

Crap, this man is driving me mad. What options do I have? I can agree and then stood him up in the restaurant, but that’s way too cruel, or I can decide to not agree and have him bother me to accept. What was better?

S: You know? I can casually be standing in front of your door right now.

I knew he wasn’t. He couldn’t be, right?

E: Stop with your threats.

His reply came almost immediately.

S: Then, let’s meet tonight.

Wasn’t he sick of playing with me? What did he gain by annoying me? I seriously don’t want to stare at his face for a whole, sure to be awkward dinner. What did he want to go out with me? Just the simple thought of him stirred many questions that troubled my mind, and now he wants us to meet for dinner. Didn’t he have enough with Soohyuk’s situation? Didn’t he ran out of excuses to m

Please log in to read the full chapter