Girls' Night Out?

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sound of heels cut through the dead air of an empty sidewalk. Eunjung sighed as she stood alone and traveled her eyes around. She tapped her fingers against her phone in an anxious manner while she stared at the street cautious of any weird men.

Yes, she was an idol, but that was not a protection bubble that will keep her safe anywhere she goes, even less when she was alone on a dark sidewalk.

At this point, she regretted walking alone. The once crowded and noisy streets were now silent and empty at night. A shiver run down her spine as she heard footsteps approaching.

Eunjung gulped down and decided to keep on walking without direction just to avoid the approaching man that look far from friendly.

“Move.” The man rudely blurted walking pass her.

Eunjung sighed in relief after she saw him strolling down the street.

She decided she was not staying on the sidewalk to encounter another one as creepy or worse, so she walked to the street markets and decided to wait there instead.

“Where are you?” Eunjung whispered to herself as she traveled her eyes around. She inflate her cheeks with air and exhaled through her pouty lips before she was startled by a voice.

“Eunjung?” A girl called.

Eunjung turned to the girl who just called her name and a smile drew across her lips. “Jaeri.” She nearly yelled excited.

The girl in front of her was a friend from high school, with who she agreed to spend a girls’ night out. Definitely, not one of those seen in movies with strippers, but instead a peaceful night away from all the chaotic life of tight schedules and cameras recording every single move she did.

“Where were you, Jaeri?” Eunjung asked raising a brow.

“Sorry, my cousin was driving, and she is really slow.”

“Yah.” Another voice was heard.

Eunjung turned her stare to the girl behind her friend and smiled. “Yoomi.”

The girl smiled and stepped towards Eunjung to embrace her into a hug. “It has been a long time, Jung.”

Eunjung nodded her head before the girl pulled away locking arms with her. “The comeback has kept me busy these few last weeks, but I manage to fit some space for tonight.”

Yoomi smiled at her. “The other girls couldn’t meet with us tonight, so I have made some few changes.”

Eunjung raised her eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“I know this was supposed to be a girls’ night out, but Yoomi didn’t quite understand the part of girls only.” Jaeri said staring at Yoomi.

Yoomi rolled her eyes at her cousin in a playful manner.

Eunjung frowned. “Why? Did she invited boys?”

“Yah, why are you thinking about boys when you have such a hot boyfriend?” Jaeri asked teasingly. She knew how sick Eunjung was about the rumor, but a little teasing wouldn’t disturb the mood.

Eunjung smirked deciding to go along with her teasing. “I know, but sometimes he so boring. I wonder what eye-candies Yoomi invited.”

Jaeri chuckled in disbelief.

“Yah, cut it out, you two-timer.” Yoomi blurted out.

Eunjung could only laugh at her friends. “The rumor is not true, Yoomi.”

Yoomi raised an eyebrow. “But seriously Jung, I can arrange a date for the two of you.” She smirked.

“No, I actually -” Eunjung cut herself off when she realized what Yoomi said. A confused expression fell across her face as she frowned at her. “Wait, what?”

“Nothing.” Jaeri cut through glaring at Yoomi.

Eunjung frowned deeper as she sighed. She sensed that the two were hiding something from her, and she didn’t like the feeling.

“What do you mean, Yoomi?” Eunjung asked the girl, but Jaeri laughed awkwardly and locked her arm around Eunjung’s and started to walk pulling her forward.

“You will know.” Yoomi smiled and winked at her.

“I don’t like surprises.” Eunjung said with an uneasy smile.

“But you will love this one.” Yoomi asserted wiggling her eyebrows playfully.

“What?”

“Don’t worry, Jung, relax. We are just going to meet Yoomi’s boyfriend with some friends he invited. At first, it was supposed to be a date, but then she invited us and so did her boyfriend.” Jaeri declared smiling at Eunjung.

Eunjung chuckled softly relief by her words.

“Yes.” Yoomi cut through. “I said I was inviting some friends, so he decided

Please log in to read the full chapter