A Friend In Need

My Arctic Fox

~Jinyoung's POV~

Last night really tired me. It's been a long time since I've actually used my enhanced senses.At least everything turned out fine. Today is my day-off from the store I'm working in. I have no plans yet. Maybe I'll just stay inside and do something. 

"What's this?" 

I picked up a white beannie. I don't own one. I usually don't prefer any head coverings such as caps and beanies but since I have to cover my lovely fox ears on my head,I wear caps. Beanies weren't really my style. As for me, they're only for winter season. 

"How did I even got one?" 

My hand twirled and tossed it in the air. I tried it on. Surprisingly, the beanie has this sharp ear shape so it fits my ears. I took out a mirror from my pocket and take a look at myself. I wiggled my ears and chuckled.

" Silly me~ kekekekeke" 

I walked out of her apartment. One of her brothers were coming home so I need to get out quickly. Who would want to see his sister with some stranger?Plus, I don't want to get myself into trouble again. I had enough of revealing myself.

"You forgot to cover your ears!"

A voice behind me said. I loooked at my head and my ears were popping out like "hello I'm here". I cursed.

"Oh right..sorry" I mumbled.

She giggled and covered my ears with a beanie.

"Silly you~"

I smiled and left. Wait I forgot to ask her name! Nevermind, It's not like we're going to see each other. We're strangers to each other.

Oh I remembered. I took off the beanie off my head and sniff it. My nose was filled with her sweet chocolate scent. So she's a chocolate lover. Who knew?  I sniffed again.

"Soooo sweeeeet :)"

Before I get addicted with her scent, my phone made a noise. I placed everything I hold on a table and got my phone.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Jung Jinyoung, isn't it?"

"Ne.."

"Do you know what date is?"

 I looked at the calendar on my wall.

" It's the 6th of October"

"And?"

"The day of paying the rent"

"I'll be there in...30 minutes" 

"Arasso"

It's the landlady. I smelled myself and cringed my nose. Time for a bath Jinyoung. I quickly grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom.  Of course, I locked the door. I wouldn't want anyone seeing my gorgeous body....again. 

~*TIME SKIP*~

As said, she's here in 30 minutes. I took a last glance on my apartment and then at me. I used the beanie to cover my ears, even the landlady doesn't know my secret. With a little more fixing of my hair...that's it I'm done! Everything should look presentable. Who would want to see the place they let to be rented looking like a pig's pen? I admit. I'm kind of messy in organizing my things but when I have time I clean the place. 

Knock Knock

I opened the door. There's the ahjumma..wait I mean landlady xD that I'm talking about. I bowed and welcome her. As always, she's dressed richly with her fur coats choking her and her shinning diamonds blinds everyone who looks at her. 

"Now, where's your payment?" 

I handed her an envelope and she took it and counted the amount. 

"Why only this?!" 

I was surprised. Wasn't that we talk about? The contract clearly states it.

"Mrs. Song, this is what we have agreed on. I didn't violate anything in that agreement"

"I need it in full. Right now."

"The contract says that is the amount I will pay every month. I don't have the money to pay it full yet" 

"Pack your things and get out" 

I stood there frozen.

"Bwo?!? Ah Jinja?!?"

~*TIME SKIP*~

They did say fight for your right. Well, I did and it didn't turned out well. Turns out she brought 2 of her bodyguards just in case I rebel. Of course, I fought back and used a little of my supernatural skills. Sadly, I lost.

"AHHHHH!"

I screamed as I was tossed outside the apartment. My light body is all I could blame -.-*  Next was my stuff. Good thing I just moved in and haven't unpacked yet. But still! This is really inhuman though I'm not one myself. I stood up.

"Yah! This is very ille-" 

 

BANG!

"Yah! Why did~" 

BANG!

"Ah jinja?!? Could it be not my face?!?"

A pile of clothes and a hamper just smacked me right in the face. AISH -.-* It should have been the floor instead. 

"You should have done your laundry days ago,boy. Thanks for renting this place. Annyeong~! ^^" that ahjumma said and closed the door. She sure does know how to be hospitable. 

"Yah! Aish.."

I grunted and fixed my things. I was lucky to have passed by a laundry shop and dropped my laundry there. The lady who works there cringed her nose at the smell. Do I really smell that bad? I don't even sweat that much aish. Anyway, I've got bigger problems to deal with.

"Now where would I stay?" I looked around for signs that say "for rent but there was nothing. I sighed and rub the back of my neck.

My parents are both dead. I don't know any relative. I don't have any friends, I think? hmm..

I just walk the streets thinking about it. I did earn a few stares and caught some people saying "Did that boy ran away from home?" or "A young delinquent. Tsk tsk..kids today". There was this one lady who bend down to her son and said that he should be thankful that he has his parents to take care of him. It was an insult because my parents did love me. But because of me they died. 

~18 years ago, Jinyoung was 5 years old~

It was a cold dark night. The whole village was quiet except for in one area. The area was surrounded by a mob of villagers. Shouting and banging the doors of a house, it was the village chief's. 

"Get you and Jinyoung out of here!" the chief said to his trembling wife as he block the doors. 

"I'm not going to leave you here!" his wife,who was carrying young Jinyoung in her arms, ran to him with tears rolling down her face. 

"You need to be safe..."

"Appa..Umma..." little Jinyoung said. He was also scared. He knew that the mob was after him. It was his mistake that he didn't listen to his parents and went outside. The chief kissed the forehead of his beloved wife and son. 

"Don't worry about me. I can handle myself. Just go through the back door and escape to the forest" 

Knowing that she can't argue with her husband, she nodded and did what he said. 

"I love you..."

They shared a passionate kiss before mother and child leave. After they leave, the whole house was swallowed in flames. The chief didn't make it out. 

"No!!!!" 

"There she is! With the abomination" 

Her agony was cut and was quickly replaced by panic. She looked around and ran to the forest. They hid in a truck that delivers goods to Seoul. She carressed her child's hair. They needed to get out but the mob was near. She needed a distraction. She released her child. 

" I love you Jinyoung. Appa and umma loves you very much. Don't you ever forget that. "

She removed her shawl and drapped it over Jinyoung, covering his ears. Her child sob but she smiled.

"I need to do this"

She kissed his forehead.

"I'll be back. I love you" 

She reluctantly let go and ran away. The mob notices her and follows. Then there was a gunshot.

"Umma!"

The engine started and drove to an orphanage in Seoul.

~Back to the present, Jinyoung is 23~

Remembering can be painful. I took a sip of the coffee in a cafe I'm in. It was bittersweet. I looked at the calling card that is stuck out in my wallet. 

"It's nice to see  you again and to know you've been living fine. Here" 

"What's this?"

"My calling card. Call me if you need help"

An idea pop into my head. I grinned widely and stood up.

"Yes!" 

I clutched both of my fist and looked victorious. 

"What's wrong woth him?"

I stopped and looked around. Oh right.. I'm not alone. Jinyoung pabo...

"Joesonghamnida.." I bowed and seated. I got my phone and dialed the number.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hello. It's Jinyoung."

"Oh! Jinyoung-ssi. Why did you called?"

"Can I ask for a favor?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers! ^^ Look I'm writing with color lol. 

Anyway.... Who'd you think it is? Let's see. I've been writing chapters that it's only either Hyo Jin or Jinyoung are included. Well I have good news for you guys! They'll be both be appearing in later chapters. So please wait for it. Thanks for reading! Love you my chingus! <3 So many reads yay!

PS: A little extra hihihi ^^ Thanks for the love! Uwah *0*