Trip Around Seoul

My Arctic Fox

It was another chilly night in Seoul. Jinyoung walked on it's streets with his eyes glued to the ground. He was in deep concentration. These past few days he can't think straight because of Sunmi's appearance. He thought he had seen the last of her face when they graduated. He pulled the beanie and scarf closer to his face. 

"What does she want from me?" He grumbled. 

When he was about to turn around a corner, smoke puffed out of nowhere.

~*The next day*~

Hyo Jin waited at the living room. She and Jinyoung were going to go tour around Seoul since Jinyoung just moved. The only places he know were the shop he's working for, his old place, the apartment and the school. Also, Jinyoung was bad in directions. 

"Aish, why is he taking so long?" Hyo Jin went to the door ad knocked on it "Yah! Jung Jinyoung wh-"

"Etiquette, Hyo Jin " Shinwoo scolded her as he passes by. 

"Ne, oppa" Then she returned to knocking again. "Jinyoung oppaaa. Are you do-" 

"Oppa? Since when?" 

Hyo Jin rolled her eyes. "Etiquette, oppa" She mimicked him. Shinwoo glared at his sister. Before he could scold her, Jinyoung stepped out of the room all dressed up. 

"Woah! Hyung, are you taking Jinnie to a date?" Baro said.

"Bwo!? Aniyo oppa!"  Hyo Jin hit him on the shoulder.

"Date?" Jinyoung asked.

"Ha!?" Sandeul shouted. "Hyung, don't tell me you don't know what a 'date' is? Jinja?!" Jinyoung gave him his ice cold stare.Sandeul's knees started to shake "You know! Hyung, you know!" Jinyoung hid his smirk.

"Hyung is really scary.." Sandeul admitted as he collasped to floor.

Shinwoo looked at him. "Poor deullie.."

Baro checked if the two were far already. He went back inside and asked for Shinwoo for the signal. Shinwoo nodded. Baro went back to their room

"Wakey wakey, Channie" 

Gongchan grunted. "Go away, hyung..." 

"Yah! Wake up or no milk for you!" Baro said but Gongchan was still asleep to respond."So it's like this. Sandeul, dispose the milk!" 

Gongchan instantly sat up. "'Hyung don't! Please not my milk!"

"Tsk. Just get ready and follow them" Baro pointed to the door. Gongchan pouted and stomped away.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hyo Jin and Jinyoung were on a bus to Bukchon Hanok Village. On the way,they were planning on how they will spend the whole day. Jinyoung wanted to explore the whole city while Hyo Jin just wanted to go to Lotte World. But since it was for Jinyoung, she'll just follow his idea. As the bus drove on the streets, the two could notice that a lot of people were hugging, especially couples. 

"Annyeonghaseyo everyone! Today's a special day for lover, friends and family." A voice came out of the speaker." Today's December 14 and it's Hug Day! So make sure you hug the one you cherish before the day ends! Jo eun haro dwe se yo (Have a good day!)" 

People on the bus started to chatter. Teenage girls giggled about hugging their boyfriends or crushes, kids started hugging their moms while the two turned white and distanced themselves from each other. 

"Young man, are you not going to hug your girlfriend?" She scolded Jinyoung. 

Hyo Jin shake her head violently. "We're not a coouple, boo in. Aniya!"  (AN: It's disrespectful to use ahjumma/아줌마 or halmeoni/할머니 or Nool goon yo ja/늙은 여자 to address an older woman. Just to share^^) 

The older woman shook her head. "Aigoo! Don't lie to me. You two just have a misunderstanding. Hug each other and it will pass" She smiled. 

"But we're not a couple..." Jinyoung said. The woman hit him. 

"You're being stubborn!" She hit him again. "The man should be doing the moves. Aigoo! Youngsters today. I'm hoping off!" The old woman hop off the bus. Hyo Jin couldn't help but laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" Jinyoung hissed at her but she kept on laughing. 

"Mianhae! It's just so funny!" 

"You laugh just like Sandeul! Ha!" He laughed out loud and clutched his stomach.

"I don't laugh like my brother! Not like Jung Hwan!" She puffed her cheeks and pouted. 

"Kyeopta" He said as he pinched her cheeks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two hoped off. The village is one of the last Korean traditional villages. Though she already knew Seoul's every must-visit places, it's her first time at the village. Jinyoung, on the other hand, was not new to the setting. He was very much familiar with it. 

"Isn't it very refreshing to be in this kind of place?" Hyo Jin inhaled the fresh village air. Jinyoung merely nodded. 

"Oooh! Let's go inside that one!" She pointed to a house on the top of the hill-like village. "Come on!" 

"Huh?" Jinyoung found himself being dragged by an enthusiastic Hyo Jin. 

"Uwah~ This is wonderful" She grabbed a camera from her bag and snapped some pictures.

"Wait. Isn't that Sandeul's camera??" He interrupted her picture taking. 

"Huh? I don't know what you're talking about." She drifted her eyes away innocently.He looked at camera strap. It was indeed Sandeul's. Only his camera would have a duck strap.

"Stealing is not good, Jinnie-ah. Tsk Tsk" He confiscated the camera and put it in his bag.

"Oppa! Give it back."

"Nope" 

"Oppa~"

"No"

"Pleaseeeee!" 

"I won't"

"Yah! I know this is a joke" 

"It's not" 

"Jinyoung! Give it back!" 

"Still no" 

"I'm warning you..."

He walked away and she followed him with a deadly glare. He just walk around the house and looked around.He flashbacked into his childhood.

The five year old Jinyoung walked around the house. It was a traditional house for the village chief. His mother was busy preparing lunch  while his father was still out chatting with the villagers. He stepped on a stool and looked out the window. From behind, his ears were cutely popping out.

"Woah! That's so cool." He said as his ear wiggles. There were some children playing a game.

"Jinyoungie, you're at the window again?" His mother said from behind. 

"Umma, can I play with them too?" He whined.

His mother bend down and ruffled his hair and ears. 

"You know you can't, Jinyoungie" 

"Can I? Please" 

She sighed. " Let's play hide and seek" 

Jinyoung grinned and his ears wiggled excitedly. Before his mother knew it, he was already in his hiding spot. 

"Omo. He's a fast runner"

"Jinnie-ah~ Here's your camera." He turned around. 

"AHHHH!" Hyo Jin attacked him. But they crashed to the floor. 

"Ahh my head..." He rubbed the back of his head and looked at his chest. It was Hyo Jin recovering from the fall. 

"Ahhh...Oh? AH!" She quickly stood up. 

"Here's your camera..." He handed it to her.

She snatched it. "Gomawo oppa!" And she ran off. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

They were eating at a affordable restaurant. They already visited many places. From historical landmarks to crowded markets. Jinyoung was enjoying so far and so was Hyo Jin. As long he's enjoying, she is. 

"Who knew you eat a lot.." She gasped. He just laughed. 

"Ahhh that was delicious. Gomawo" He smiled but she was still gaping. He paid for the food and they continued their trip. After a train ride, they headed for 63 Building. 

"That's high" He said, looking up to the golden skyscraper. 

"Are you afraid of heights?" She smirked, hoping he is. 

"No" He looked at her. "You were expecting I was, weren't you?" It was his turn to smirk. 

"Let's just go" She stomped away. 

"Jinnie-ah! Wait for me!" 

"Hurry up, you slow halbae!" She stick her tongue out. 

"Please don't be mad. I'm actually thankful for touring the city to me" He flashed his gums. She laughed. 

"Hahaha.. let's go" 

Sunmi was inside the same building and saw the two having fun. She was alone so she decided to join them. 

"Mind if I join in?" She said sweetly behind them.Jinyoung suddenly touched his forehead and rubbe his temples. His head was aching. Then a sparkle suddenly fluttered hi eyes open. 

"Of course not. You're welcome to join with us" He blurted. 

"Gomawo~" Sunmi gave an eye smile. Hyo Jin eyes widened and quickly clutched Jinyoung's arm. 

"Let's go" She said. He nodded when suddenly Sunmi break Hyo Jin's hand off Jinyoung's arm and enterwined her hand ith his. 

"Ne. Let's go now, Jinyoung" Then the two walked away like a couple, leaving the disheartened Hyo Jin behind. 

"You see those two, they look so perfect together!" Some people whispered reffering to Sunmi and Jinyoung. Hyo Jin pouted and went outside the building. She entered a coffee shop and ordered a hot chocolate.

"People are right.  They look so perfect together. I stand no chance..." She thought sadly and looked around and saw couples cuddling. She fued in range and walked out the shop. 

"Aish!" She kicked at a trash bin and sat at a bench, drinking angrily. 

Gongchan was watching her from afar. He was dressed in all back, perfect for someone acting like a spy. He was too drinking hot chocolate and seated at a bench. 

"Where is hyung??" He searched for his hyung with his binoculars. He looked at couple coming outside the building. 

"Oh! That's hyung" He realized. "Wait. Is that Sunmi-noona? They're together??" 

Hyo Jin, where are you? I can't see you. We're heading to Namsan tower. Meet you there ^^ (JY)

She sighed. " I'm not jealous because I don't have feelings for him. I'll go because I don't have feelings for him." She rode a bus to Namsan Tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look at this Jinyoung." Sunmi handed him a padlock."It's so cute~ Let's write on it"

Jinyoung looked at it suspiciously. "But aren't these for couples?"

"But aren't we~?" She smiled. Before Jinyoung could rely, she already purchased one and wrote on in. 

Jinyoung + Sunmi = Sweethearts Forever

She padocked it and threw the key away. "There it's finish. You like it?" 

 "Eh..." 

"I'll take that as a yes" She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. He was surprised at her actions. He wanted to remove her head off but there was a force that stops him. It's making his headache. 

"What's wrong?" 

He rued his temples. "Nothing. Just a small headache.

"It will pass" She smiled and closed her eyes. 

Hyo Jin looked at them. She clutched the key she knew came from the padlock Sunmi bought. "Hyo Jin you're not jealous. You don't have feeling for him. Aniya." She was about to throw the key away but couldn't. She tried but ended up keeping it. She sighed and went to the two. 

"Unnie, Jinyoung.."

"Yes, Hyo Jin?" Sunmi removed her head and looked at Hyo Jin. 

"It's time for us to come home. Can I get Jinyoung now?" She said. Sunmi nodded. 

"Bye Jinyoung. See ya" She winked and he just smiled. Aafter the two left, she smiled contentedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They both arrived in the appartment without talking to each other. Baro, Shinwoo and Sandeul welcomed them with a lot of questions. Hyo Jin didn't answered since she locked herself in her room. Jinyoung was having a headache. All they could ask was their spy, Gongchan.

"Channie, what happened? It seems sis is in a badmood." Baro looked at Hyo Jin's door. 

Gongchan sighed. "Sunmi-noona was there"

All of them facepalmed and sighed. 

"This was a fail.." They all said. 

~~~~~~~~~~

It was already late and Jinyoung couldn't sleep. He was having a headache. He was also bothered by Hyo Jin's sudden silence. 

"Did I do something that upset her?" He asked himself and looked at his phone. "December 14. Hug day huh?" He scoffed. Then his phone fall hard on his face. 

"Alright. No need to slap me on the face" He hissed at his phone and went outside.

"Jinnie-ah, are you awake?" He knocked. 

"Jinnie~" 

No response.

"Jinnie~ It's Jinyoung oppa~" 

He couldn't wait so he opened the door. Hyo Jin was asleep on the desk in a incomfortable position. 

"You shouldn't be sleeping there" He carried her to her bed and laid her down. He covered her body with a blanket and smiled at her. 

"Mianhae if I did something. I hope this will cheer you up and you can forgive me" 

He hugged her. "Happy hug day, Jinnie-ah. I hope one day you can return it" With that he exited the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you hugged your special someones on that day too! And by someones I