Eye Opener

My Arctic Fox

Hyo Jin silently sipped her drink as she wait beside the lovey dovey couple on her right. Despite her immense concentration, she couldn't help but to glance at them act ing so in love with each other. They looked like the most perfect couple in the world and she was a bit envious about that. 

"Would you like to go to a park?" The young woman snuggled closer to her boyfriend. The boyfriend chuckled and leaned his head over hers.

"Let's go later...My feet are so tired" The boyfriend then complained about the girlfriend dragging him to various shops without buying anything. The girlfriend blushed in embarrassment, knowing that Hyo Jin can hear it all.

The girlfriend lightly nudge her elbow to her boyfriend's stomach. "Shut up. The girl beside me heard it all." 

Hyo Jin blushed and turned her head away. They're so lovely to watch. She sighed and looked down at her shoes. I sort off miss him... Ugh! can't believe I'm regretting breaking up. By the glare she's giving her shoes, she could already set them on fire. She started cursing Jihoo under her breath. The couple beside her suddenly stopped their wonderful conversation and nervously looked at Hyo Jin. 

"Don't you think our presence bothers her?" That's when their attention went to Jinyoung who was walking towards Hyo Jin ,an arm full with the groceries he and Hyo just bought. Jinyoung just stopped in front of Hyo Jin. He was busy checking each item to notice Hyo Jin fuming in front of him

"This guy really..." The couple rolled their eyes at Jinyoung. "Yah!"

"Hmm?" A slap suddenly came in contact with Jinyoung's cheeks. Hyo Jin suddenly stopped her cursing and looked up. What did Jinyoung did this time? 

"You're an insensitive boyfriend. How could you let your girlfriend wait? She was already cursing you to oblivion!" The girlfriend scolded Jinyoung who was still processing what just have happened. 

"They heard me aish..." Hyo Jin mumbled and went in between them.She smiled apologetically and bowed.

 "I'm sorry if he had offended you in a way but you've misunderstood."

The girlfriend's features suddenly soften. "Oh. Can you please explain it better?" 

Hyo Jin bit her lip and looked down. Eotteoke?? How should I say this... 

"Mianhae. My jagiya here was just in a bad mood earlier"  Jinyoung bowed as an apology and gripped Hyo Jin's petite waist.

 Bwo?! Jagiya?! What the- Hyo Jin tried to wiggle out of Jinyoung's grip but this only lead for him to hug her waist tighter. 

"What do you think you're doing? Let go of me!" She whispere-hissed."We're friends but that doesn't mean you can touch me whenever you like" She continued to push his hand away. But he still wouldn't let go of her.

"Just cooperate. Whatever did you do awhile ago, it sure got me in trouble. So stop wiggling" Jinyoung hissed threatiningly as he keeps apologizing.

"But I shouldn't have left her to wait. I'm indeed,as you said,insensitive. Mianhae" He took one last bow. The girlfriend flushed in embarasssment and apologized too then went away with her boyfriend. When the coast was clear, Hyo Jin pushed away from Jinyoung and started to overreact.

"Really Jinyoung? Jagiya? You could have at least tell them I was your dongsaeng!. No. You could have just told the truth!" Her ears puffed out smoke. 

"You know Hyo Jin, most people don't believe in the truth nowadays. Remember the  'Boo In incident'?" She nodded.

"Plus" They started walking out of the store "I'm not really into relationships. Nor looking forward into having one" 

She hunged her head. She couldn't understand why she was feeling...dissapointed? "But Sunmi unnie said that-"

"I don't know about what she said. But I'm really confused about her. Like there's something missing about me knowing her" 

Hyo Jin started drifting away from reality and into her own world of thoughts. She didn't notice that Jinyoung was clutching his head in pain and just walked away in deep thought.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

After many minutes of presistent searching for Hyo Jin, Jinyoung still couldn't find her. His legs felt sore from all the running he made throughout the area.

She couldn't have gone too far. He holds on a light post. Of all days, it has to be today my headaches worsen. He hisses again as the familiar pain comes back.For the past few days, he was having the worst headaches and can't explain them. A doctor could help but that would do more harm than good. As his head aches, his fox ears twitchs inside the beanie. In the middle of his suffering his ringtone played.

"Yeoboseyo?" He says weakly. It was Gongchan.

"I can see her, hyung. She's at a playground by the swings." The spy informs but Jinyoung replies with a hiss from pain. On the other end of the line, Gongchan worried about his hyung.

"Are you fine, hyung?" He asks, breaking from a serious voice into a concerned one.

Jinyoung hisses one more time. "Ne. Thanks for telling me Chan"

Shinwoo grabbed the phone from Gongchan."Just make sure you're not the reason she's sad or you're dead meat" 

Jinyoung hisses painfully again and hanged up. 

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The playground was, as usual, filled with children playing. Especially during the afternoon. On the swings was Hyo Jin and a young boy silently swinging on it. 

"Ajumma, why are you here? Aren't you too old to be here?" The boy finally asks. She lifts her head up and saw the boy looking as if she was not welcomed.

"Wae? It's fine and I'm not that old" She looks around "Why are you not playing?"

"I don't feel like it." His tone of speaking was smiliar to Jinyoung's and that made her feel chilly.

"Yah. This is a place for being happy"

"But ajumma, why are you pouring your tears here?"

She blinked then turned away. This kid is like him aish...

"Why are you sad, ajumma?"

"You're too young to understand" She ruffles his hair.

The boy grumbles "It's love isn't it, ajumma?" 

She stopped. "How did you know?" was about to escape from her lips but it was "Stop watching dramas, arasso?" then she smiled. The boy scoffs which surprised her.

" Ajumma, our caretaker told me that love is something you can't stop. If it hurted you, it will come again to make you happy. It's always like that so don't close the doors. If it comes back, welcome it because maybe that will be your eternal happiness"

She gaped. "Why would your caretaker say that to you?" 

The boy shrugged. "She was happy she was with her new boyfriend and I was around"

She clapsed her hand together "Daebak! You're a smart boy, aren't you?"

"So don't be sad ajumma" The boy hop of the swing. "If it helps, I love you ajumma!" He hugs her. 

She chuckles "I love you too. What's your name?" 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Seung-gi inmida" The boy formally introduces himself. He's finally being cheery.

"Annyeong, Gong Hyo Jin inmida" She holds the boy's hands "How old are you?"

"5 years old" he grins. 

"Oh~ where's your umma?" she looks at th group of parents near the playground. "Is she there?"

"I don't have parents..."the boy sadly looks down. She crouchs down.

"I'll be your umma today, okay?" 

The boy's smile was ear to ear. "Jinja? Yaksok?" 

"Yaksokhae" She prompt the boy to the swing and swinged him. 

"Higher!" 

"Okay!" 

She swinged him higher. Perhaps, he's right. I should give it another shot. She was glad that advice came to her and cleared her mind. She didn't expected it especially that it came from a child. 

"Hyo Jin!" 

Her heart stopped.

A/N: CLIFFHANGER! kekeke~ It's been a long time. Currently, I've been having thoughts about discontinuing this fanfic since I thought no one's intersted. But when I read again your comments, I said "No. I'll continue. Let's go!". To those who subscribe and commented, thank you for being my inspiration. I'll give my best to update chapters that are worth reading.  Sorry if  I update late. School is almost done and I'm finishing everything  as fast as possible and some life problems makes down that I just want to cry all day.I won't dissapoint!