Trust Me

My Arctic Fox

7:50pm

Cars zoom below. From above, one can see colored lights zooming from different directions. The street is like a blank canvas but when the cars enter the picture, it becomes a piece of art. It’s fine scenery for photographers too.

“Perfect” A devious grin crept up Sunmi’s face.

But the street is a dangerous area.

=//=//=//=//=

Again, he ran the streets of Seoul to find her. How come I’m is so weak? I couldn’t protect her. I don’t even know what is happening with him. My mind is in a wreck.  How come I let this happen? Why didn’t I stop myself?

“Argh!” Jinyoung threw his beanie to the ground, revealing two large white fox ears, and punched the wall. He was in a dark alley. Time was ticking fast and he still hasn’t found her yet. The only information he has is what he got from Gongchan who he spoke to awhile ago.

“Chan Shik, where is she?”

Gongchan mumbled something.

“What?”

“I-I don’t know hyung…”

The phone almost slipped away from his hand. “Tell me you’re kidding? You’re kidding right?!” The younger didn’t speak. “What happened?”

“I was trying to stop her until someone knocked me out” He explained. “But I heard that they were going to change plans”

“We’ll find her. Contact the others”

“Ne, hyung”

He checked his phone for time. 7: 55 pm

=//=//=//=//=

 

It was a chase for Hyo Jin. She doesn’t why those men were trying to kidnap her and knocked out her brother. But she knows she isn’t safe to wander alone. Jihoo was with her and suddenly he wasn’t there anymore. The sudden thought of Jihoo made her worry.

“Something might have happened to Channie. I hope Jihoo doesn’t have the same fate” she mumbled and looked back. The men lost track of her.

“Over there!”

She ran faster as they have found her again. There’s no place to stop because they’ll found her as if they surrounded the whole city.

“Ah!” Before she knew it, she was back in a dark alley.

“Hyo Jin…”

“Let me go!” she kicked in effort to escape from the person who is strangely holding her tightly. She turned around to face him. Shock silenced her. “Ji-jinyoung…”

Before one of them could speak, Jinyoung suddenly pulled her towards him.

“What are you-“

He put a finger on his lips. The men passed by them and fortunately didn’t notice them. After that, he let go of her. None of them moved. They just stared at each other’s eyes.

Until she broke it.

“Let’s not see each other again. I have to go” she walked away.

He gripped her wrist “No. I have something to tell you”

“What?” She looked back.

“You’re with Jihoo, aren’t you?”

She narrowed her eyes “What is it to you?”

“He shouldn’t be trusted”

Hyo Jin pulled her wrist and charge towards Jinyoung until his back touched the wall. Anger from betrayal shook her body. The pain was so familiar.

“You shouldn’t be saying who should I trust or not. None of you! I’m not just any puppet that you can toy around. I’m human too.”  Tears started to roll down her cheeks and Jinyoung reached out his handkerchief to wipe her tears.

“No” she smacked away his hand “I don’t trust you anymore, Jinyoung”

He was taken aback. “What are you saying? Everyone knows that you completely trust me and you know that I’m very trustworthy”

“Trustworthy?” She snapped “Explain to me why you kissed Sunmi-unnie at the shop?”

“What? I didn’t. I would never-“

“There’s the same line all over again! I would never do such thing “she mimicked. “Just tell me the truth”

He was quiet for a bit. “If I did, why are you like this? We’re not even a couple, so why react?”

Those words hit her through her heart and break it. She took a couple steps back and fell to the ground.

“So you did kiss unnie…”

“Why?” He squatted and looked her in the eye. She mumbled something he didn’t catch. “Again?”

“ It’s because I love you!” She screamed. He was shocked.

“Jinnie…”

“I love you! Love you! I was going to confess to you that night I but I saw you two kissing and I-I” She broke into tears. To her surprise, he hugged her.

“Let me go, Jinyoung. I-I know it’s not my place to be mad but it just…the pain” She sobbed and tried to push him away. “I shouldn’t have f-fallen for you”

“What if I told you I love you too?”

She shook her head. “What was the kiss all about? “

“I was knocked out throughout my shift. What you saw was my doppelganger. It’s Sunmi’s plan”

“What? Unnie won’t do such thing”

“Did Chan Shik tell you the same too?”

“He did…”

He took hold both of her hands. “Believe it. Jihoo and Sunmi are going to harm you. Please come with me”

“What if you’re the doppelganger again from last time?”

“That’s logical” He thought about it then smirked “But will he do this?”

“What are you-“

His lips crashed to hers. Hers was a bit rough while his was soft as if it was made for kissing. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. There was a spark that ignited. He cupped her face and broke the kiss.

“Let’s go” she nodded.

As they stood up, someone punched Jinyoung in the face that made him fall to the ground.

“Jinnie run!”

“No! I won’t leave you”

Jinyoung stood up and fight back the man. “I can handle this. Go to Chan Shik!”

“But-“

“RUN!”

She did but was immediately grabbed and pushed to the ground by the man. They positioned her in front of his beaten body.

“Jinyoung!”

“We caught her”

She looked at her abductors and saw Jihoo. Her eyes widened.

“Tie her up”

“No! Get away from me!” She kicked them but they were too strong for her. “HELP SOMEONE PLEASE! HELP!”

“Damn. Gag her”

“Jinyoung! Hel-“ was gagged by a twisted white cloth. Then her body was thrown into a van.  She kept on screaming for help and Jinyoung’s name but no could hear her.

“Hyo Jin…”Jinyoung mumbled as the van drove away from his sight. Everything went pitch black after.

A/N: It's been awhile. So far I've recently updated 3 chapters. 2 for last month and 1 for this month. The story's timeline is late, might as well inform you. Some chapters are saved on my laptop but then I can't publish them on time because I couldn't find time to go online. Sorry for that. I'll try to be more specific in the sttory's timeline and other details. Happy reading! ^^