Confrontation

My Arctic Fox

 

Hyo Jin her breath. Could it be him?

Thud.Thud Thud.

Her heart was beating fast as if it was a school girl’s when she sees her crush. Why everything happens so fast? Eotteokhae? Should I-

“Ahjumma! W- I mean umma! Umma!” Seung-gi called her.

“Huh?” She looked sideways. She forgot about Seung-gi.

“Umma!”

She looked down to the seat of swing. “Seung-gi ah!” A sweat drop appeared on her forehead. I’m going crazy.

“Umma~ why did you stop?” Seung-gi pouted and crossed his little arms across his chest.  Hyo Jin bit her lip. Pabo. I’m promised to be this child’s mother today and I forgot. Pabo.

“Mianhae, Seung-gi ah~ I just heard something…” Thoughts filled her head again but she shakes them away. Maybe I’m just hearing things..yeah. She was about to push the swing but noticed that the little boy wasn’t paying attention.

“Seung-gi  ah~” She waved her hand in front of him. “Hello??”

“Umma, someone’s behind you”

She went blank. There it is again.

Thud. Thud Thud.

“Oh? Jinja?”

“Ne!”

He’s here…Jinyoung’s here! Her lips curved into a dreamy smile. I can’t believe it. She giggled. “Is he handsome?” She whispered to the little one’s ear. The boy was surprised.

“How did you know it’s a he, umma?”

“I just know”

“Ohh~” Seung-gi looked past her. “So umma knows him?” His eyes narrowed at the young man behind his umma. Hyo Jin grinned mischievously and turned around to face him. 

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

“At last” Jinyoung sighed. He now stood on the playground where many children and Hyo Jin are. His eyes instantly looked for her. His fox ears were trying to detect her voice in the sea of high pitch voices of merry kids.

“You’re here somewhere…” He muttered anxiously.

“Umma!”

By reflex, he turned to see where the call came from. He saw a boy and a feminine yet very familiar back. He never looked so happy until now.

“Hyo JIn!” He runs to the swing, where she was. Finally I’ve found her.

He ran and ran. A genuine smile was plastered on his face despite feeling tired. When he found her, he felt complete.

“Hyo Jin-ah”

She’s so close to him.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

“Hyo Jin-ah”

She blinked several times upon hearing her name. She couldn’t believe that she was wrapped in the arms of the man she loves.

“Hyo Jin” He hugged her tighter. “Finally, I’ve found you”

Maybe “loved” is more appropriate.

“Ji-jihoo…” She burst into tears. Memories replayed.  His confession, her “yes”, their first date, the time they hold hands, the time she introduced him to her brothers, their anniversary and…

 the time he cheated

“Let. Go. Of. Me.” She gritted her teeth and clutched her fist.

“I can’t”

“You can. You did it once” She snapped.

Jihoo hold her tighter. “I know and I regret it. It was the biggest mistake of my life” She pushed him away with all her strength and walked away from the playground. He followed her.

“Hyo Jin” He grabbed her hand. She glared at the sight of their hands and pulled hers away.

“Please listen” He reached for it again but she avoided it.

“What?” Anger was in her voice. Before she could avoid it, his hand caught hers.  She tried to tug it away but his grip was strong.

“I know you won’t listen but I have to try” He rubbed her hand with his thumb. She won’t listen.

"Please remember.” He looked at her but she was still busy pulling her hand, he sighed. “I’m still immature and I thought love was something you won’t have to take seriously. But turns out it isn’t.”

His other hand slipped into his pocket. “Whenever I hurt you in some way, I want to make up for it. But I can’t do good. I can only hurt you more. It’s because I only learn bad things and I don’t know that your heart is hurting. I was ignorant of what you feel”

He got something out of his pocket. “But despite my shortcomings, you always understand. You’ll even forget about. You’ll continue to love even though it hurts. You always forgive me. But I soon did the unforgivable.”

“When we broke up, I felt a piece of trash. She broke up with me when I lost my funds. I remember the time you help me when I almost can’t continue to study. You accepted my flaws, who I am”

 “I reflected and wanted to change. So here I am. I’ll make it up to you.” He slipped a silver band through her slender middle finger. He was wearing the same. “Please give me another chance” She was still not looking.

“I knew it. You love him” He let go, much to her surprise. “But I won’t give up. I’ll wait” He took one final glance at her then walked away.

She just stared at the ring blankly. Slowly, tears flowed. Through her teary eyes, she saw Jihoo’s back.

“Come back…” She sobbed and closed her eyes.  When she opened her eyes, she saw Jinyoung in front of her. His eyes told he was hurt. She cried and cried. He slowly walked towards her.

“Jinnie…” He watched her cry. “Please stop”

“Jin-jinyoung…I…”  Her voice tried to surpass her sobbing. She was chocking in her tears.

“Jinnie!” Her pale and unconscious body fell on Jinyoung’s arms.

A/N: Finally updated at last! What are your thoughts? For me... I don't know why I did that. (Honestly! I just hate my myself for being like that lol)

B1A4<3BANAForever!