Partners In Crime

My Arctic Fox

Hyo Jin fluttered her eyes open. It was too early for her to wake up. It was only two in the morning.She wanted to get up. She kept on coughing as she try to sit on her bed. Her left arm carried her weight. It was difficult for her to lift herself since her body was still weak from the fever. 

"Come on Jinnie~ You can do this.." She encouraged herself. But she still fell onto her bed. 

"Aish...This is hard." She muttered and sighed. "Let's give it another try.."

She tried to sit up again. This time using both of her arms as support. She breathed heavily and bit her lip in her every move. But she fell again. She sighed in defeat and left her head buried under the pillows. Sleep was the only option but she doesn't want to be on bed anymore. She didn't like the idea of staying still and relax on her bed. That would be irresponsible, she thought.

"Looks like I don't have any other choice..." She closed her eyes and waited for her to fall asleep. 

"You'll get a fever... Pabo.." 

She quickly raised her head. Her eyes widened because she was terrified. What was that? Is there anyone else in the room beside her? 

She nervously gulped and reached her nightstand to switch on her lamp. Was she just imagining things? Should she switch it on or not? 

"W-who e-ever y-you a-are..." She closed her eyes and switched the lamp on. 

Murmurs

Breathing

Rapid heartbeat

Those were the only things she heard. She expected something else. Something worse. But there was something she didn't expected to see. 

"Oh my...Jinyoung..." She remembered what what happened yesterday. She was running away from him. He chased after her. She collapsed. He carried her on his back. She held onto him as they go back home. He laid her down on her bed. He took care of her. Guilt suddenly sprang on her chest. How could she be a pain to others? She has a reason to act that way but it's unreasonable. Invalid. Unacceptable. How could she involve Jinyoung in her own problems? 

"Hyo Jin...Jinnie~ I'm going to take care of you..." Jinyoung muttered sleepily. 

A blush instantly crept to her cheeks. But she laughed it off. 

"You did. Kamsahamnida. Now it's my turn" 

There was a neatly folded extra blanket beside her. She guessed Jinyoung thought she could use a few more for warmth. She got it and warpped it over him. Then she slowly lifted his head and put a pillow under it. The expression on his face changed. He became comfortable. Hyo Jin still has the strenght to help others eventhough she's weak. She yawned and looked at her clock.

"Omo! It's 2:30 am. I woke up too early..." She yawned and laid down. Jinyoung's sleeping face made her chuckle.

"He looks adorable. Kekekeke~" With her fingers, she ran through his hair and swept aside his bangs that were covering his  closed eyes. She looked at his head. He was wearing her beanie. She wanted to remove it and touch his fox ears. But she didn't. She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. 

~*At  School*~

Geum Eun searched every nook and cranny of the whole school just for her best friend. She was really worried. Yesterday it was raining and she left Hyo Jin to be drenched. If it wasn't for her mother, she could have shared her umbrella with Hyo Jin, 

"I just wish I don't have respect for that woman" She thought. Geum Eun and her mother weren't on good terms. Mrs. Song was a business woman, a single mom and a alchoholic. So at school, Geum Eun wore a mask. But there were times she couldn't help to remove it. Most people misunderstood her. Hyo Jin was the only one who actually understood her. She was like a sister to her.That's why she loves her best friend so much...

She continued to look until she spotted Gongchan. He was getting his books from his locker. Geum Eun melted at the sight. He was definitely handsome in everything he does. 

"Maybe I should go ask him..." She thought but quickly scratched the idea. She can't face him. She would always stutter in front of him;thus, her infatuation for him would be known. She turned around and headed to class.

"Geum Eun-ah~" 

She stopped dead on her tracks and turned around. Her cheeks were instantly red. It was Gong Chan Shik. Her best friend's twin brother. Her crush. 

"Y-yeah? What is it, Cha-"

Oops!

"Gongchan! I mean Gongchan. What is it?" She mentally slapped herself. They weren't close for her to call him ' Channie'.

"Um..." Gongchan looked down. " Hyo Jin has a fever and is resting. I thought of informing you since your her best friend"

She blinked a few times and played with her feet.

"Thanks Gongchan..." 

The bell rang. They both raised their heads up. Gongchan quickly grabbed her arm. Geum Eun was surprised by his actions. She reddened. They both arrived at class, breathing heavily from the running. 

~*DISMISSAL*~

Geum Eun and Gongchan waved each other goodbye. Little did they know, Hyo Jin did attend school despite having a fever and was watching them.

Hyo Jin covered her nose and lips with the white scarf around her neck. She walked fastly while being careful that no one would recognize her. 

"Let's just hope I don't run into them..." 

When she turned left, she saw her brother and best friend talking to each other. She smirked.

"Aigoo...doing the romance without your cupid huh?" 

She put out her phone and snapped a photo of them; then, she walked right into their classroom.

Right now, she was hiding behind a electric post. She was getting nervous of being caught, Jinyoung was supposed to be here five minutes ago. They would be both in trouble if doesn't come back yet,

"Jinyoung, where are you?" She rubbed her shoulders for warmth. She still has a fever. She shouldn't be out in the cold. She rubbed them again and looked around.

"Maybe I should get going..." She walked slowly as a turtle. It was getting annoying for her. 

"I'm going to be dead later.." She mumbled. 

Suddenly, a pair of arms were wrapped around her waist. She jumped and looked at her back. 

"Yah. I told you to wait for me." Jinyoung removed his arms on her waist and raised an eyebrow. Hyo Jin rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest.

"You're late" She said in a low voice.

He chuckled and ruffled her hair. She eyed at him and when his eyes met hers, he stopped.

"Mianhae..." 

She giggled and tugged his arm. He looked at her confusedly. She gave him another strong tug and pointed at a place ahead her. He finally got her message and pulled his arm from her. She became confused.

"Huh?"

He was looking down. She looked to where she pointed. Her eyes widened in shock.  

" I didn't meant to go to a love motel!" She whispered to him. She was blushing furiously. How could she b reckless to point her finger there? 

Jinyoung gave her a weird look.

"Love motel? What are you saying, Hyo Jin?"

She looked down.

"I-I t-thought..." It was very embarrassing. 

"You probably thought I got it all wrong" He chuckled. 

"I was thinking about on doing this to you..." 

He kneeled down. She looked at him and started to have second thoughts.

"Pali-pali! Come on. Loo, Gongchan is already at a bus" 

She quickly rode on his back. He suported the both of them and rose up form the ground then ran. 

"How are we going to be ahead of him?" 

"I'm gonna run faster of course!" He said to her. People were looking at them. They think they're just a young and wild couple. 

"Yah! There's a taxi over there! Let's ride on it." She pointed to a taxi not far from them. 

"Araso. But you'll pay for both of us?" 

She hit his shoulder. 

"I'm not the one who's working. You have a job! You're earning!" 

He chuckled and nodded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! I hope you liked it ^^ 

Also! Gongchan's going to star at a M/V. It's "Piano Man" by Mamamoo. What could be next for our little maknae? Drama? Omo... I hope there's no too much romance! Channie-oppa ( haha I'm a little girl XD joke but I'm actually younger) Channie- oppa! You're still young T.T 

Also have you heard their y dance in Road Trip to Seoul? It's KILLING ME!!! Jinyoung-oppa wae?? I can't stand it! That back up dancer is so...so... lucky?