Prologue

My Arctic Fox

-Hyo Jin's POV-

Being left alone is so boring. Normally I wish that someday it will be just me in the apartment but now that I'm experiencing it, it's no fun at all. 

A MESSAGE FROM SONG GEUM EUN

My phone screen said. I quickly reached for my phone that was on my bed. 

Hi Hyo Jin ^^ Are you still breathing there? hahahahaha Anyway, since your brothers are away can we hangout today? Mom is not around and it's pretty boring here, so you can pretty much come over ^^

Nice one, Geum Eun XD Sure I'll come over ^^ Be there in 15 minutes 

Ok ^^ See ya~

I quickly change into skinny jeans, a flared top and a cardigan. I tied up my hair into a ponytail and got my bag. At last some fun! :) I locked the door. It's  a 10 minute walk to Geum Eun's house because she lives in the opposite side. Let's go! 

While walking, I passed by the house of  Jihoo.He was outside and looks like he was going somewhere. 

A date obviously, Hyo Jin -.-*

I just shrugged it off and continue to walk. I won't let him occupy my mind, thinking about him brings back bad memories.

"He would love this~ ^^" 

I happily walked around the street carrying a paper bag with clothes I bought for my boyfriend. I turned around the corner and saw a couple kissing. I know it's rude to stare at them but...

"Ji-jihoo..." I stuttered. 

They stopped kissing and looked at me. 

"Hyo Jin-ah"

He tried to hold my cheek but I turned away and ran with tears flowing in my eyes.

That jerk. Geum Eun was correct when she said that he was cheating on me with  Min Young. I should've listen to her. But after that, Geum Eun forgave me and continued to be my best friend :) 

"Oops!" 

A hand was in front of me. 

"Are you okay miss?"  

I look at the person I bumped with. Wow *0* He's so handsome! :3 

"Uh miss?" 

I stop staring and held on his hand to stand up. 

"Mianhae" I bowed down. He nodded and walk away. Waah! >.< 

~*TIME SKIP*~ 

 I finally reached Geum Eun's house and it's a mansion! The Songs owns an estate company so that's no mystery to why they're rich. I rang the doorbell then a small gate open.

"Geum Eun, your house is so huge!" 

"Hahahahaha...you always say that every time I ask you to come over" 

"But it's true!" 

"Oh well, come inside! :)" 

If outside it's luxurious, the inside is even more! I just stared at awe. She laughed at my child-like state as we pass every hall to get to the entertainment room. We sat there and decide what are we going to watch.

"Horror?"

"Comedy?"

"Romance?"

"Maybe something sad?"

We can't decide because there are so many to choose from. They have a whole collection of movies. My eyes read every title and plot.

"How about ' Miracle in Cell No. 7'?" 

"Oooh! I know that it's about-"

I covered with my hand. 

"Don't be a spoiler" 

She made a peace sign and I let go. We started to watch. 

~*TIME SKIP*~

I cried so much T^T It's so sad that there's injustice in the world. After watching Miracle in Cell No. 7, we played Wii. Now, it's already 6:30 pm. 

"So when are your brothers returning?"

"Well, Gongchan will be tomorrow. The 3 oppas will be back the day after tomorrow" 

"Kindly tell Gongchan that I say hi! ^^"

I chuckled. I knew this crush about Gongchan since middle school.

"You just want him to notice you :P" 

"Ani!"

"Don't deny it!'

We continued playing until Geum Eun noticed the time. 

"It's 6:45! Mom is going to kill me if she finds out you're here!"

 We turned off the Wii and cleaned up. Geum Eun's mom is going to be home by 7:00 and I need to be out by 6:50.

"You know your mom doesn't like me.." I said. She frowned then sighed.

"I like you as my friend, not hers and that's all that matters. She doesn't care about me anyway"

I smiled because of that. We aren't that rich and powerful but she's still my friend even though her mom doesn't approves our friendship. 

It's 6:50. We said our goodbyes.I walked down the street and stopped by the playground. I sat at the swing. 

"I'm fine"

"No, you aren't"

I hugged my knees. 

"Hyo Jin...my cousin doesn't know that he lost a wonderful girl. He's a jerk so don't cry for him. You'll find The One someday :)" 

My train of thoughts was cut when a howl echoed. I stood up and walked towards a bush. There's a hint of white behind it. I opened the bush.

"Oh you poor thing..."

I carried it with me on the way home. How did a fox ended up here? Why there's something peculiar about it? The fox snuggle in my arms as I walk. 

"What does she have in her arms? A wild beast?" people whisper.

Of course, people would stare at  me like I'm crazy. But there's something in this fox I'm holding. Something I can't just point out.