Chapter 8

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I think it’s better if you asked Taeyeon about Luhan herself.” Tiffany said after recollecting herself from a sad state. But asking Taeyeon? Yeah, like I could do that. I’m not even sure if I still wanted to know the guy after knowing that he’s already dead. But the thought of knowing that he’s the reason I’m staying here got me a little curious.

“Here. My mother said you always pick up Seohyun around this time.” She let Seohyun walk by herself towards me.

“You look like you really care about Seohyun. This is not because you want to impress Taeyeon right?”

“W-What? Of course not. I-I told you. I don’t like her that way.”

“Right.” She turned around and headed for their door, but I was still curious of so many things. So, I asked her something that I can’t ask Taeyeon.

“What will happen if I fall for her?” She stopped from walking and turned her head towards me.

“I’m sure you’ll know the answer eventually.”

“What do you mean? Are you saying that I will fall for Taeyeon?”

“I think you already have.” She ended before walking away and leaving me frozen in place.

What?

WHAT???

I’ve fallen for Taeyeon?

How the hell did she come up with that?

That .

Since she came around all she’s been doing is forcing weird thoughts to my mind. I can’t accept this. She has to take it back. I haven’t fallen for Taeyeon.

Fallen in what?

Love?

Seriously. Stop joking around.

I pulled Seohyun and rushed to the neighbor’s door. I pounded rather harshly. I know that I’m doing something disrespectful, but my mind is too clouded by the irritation of being accused to something I’m not.

It’s a relief that it’s Tiffany who opened the door, since it’ll be embarrassing if the old lady’s head that pops out the door, but at the same time, her annoying know-it-all face irritated me more. It’s like she’s expecting me to kick their door open.

“What do you want?” She asked nonchalantly. She stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her.

“Take it back.” She knitted her brow together.

“Take what back?”

“What you said earlier.”

“Why? Did I say anything wrong?”

“Hell yeah you did. You told me that I’ve already fallen for Taeyeon.”

“And that made you mad? Why? You’re being rather defensive about this.”

“Because it’s not true. I have a girlfriend, a hot one for that matter.”

She raised her hand in defense, but her face remained stoic. “The fact that you have a girlfriend but choose to live in another girl’s house to take care of her child shows how much your hot girlfriend means nothing to you. The girlfriend alibi is off the table. What’s your excuse now for being so defensive?” I open my mouth to retort but closed it again when nothing seems to come out of it.

I don’t know what to say. I don’t like her like that. It’s true that I find her beautiful and kind, she’s also caring and honest. And the way she smiled makes my heart stops every time. But that doesn’t mean I’m in love with her right? You can’t judge a person’s feelings by their admiration.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I take it back.” Tiffany said out of nowhere. “It looks like you’re about to cry.” I was about to retort but she was faster than me.

“You don’t like her. I get it… but I’m watching you. Just… abide with what you said.” She sighed. I instinctively nodded my head. I’m not sure as to where I’m agreeing, but I’m out of the spotlight now so I guess everything’s back to normal.

 

 

 

 

After dinner, I did everything I could to tire Seohyun out. We played a lot of games that requires a lot of energy. Damn, I tire myself out as well. I thought the little rascal was not going to settle down but after giving her a bath she dozed off before she can finish drawing her first art of the night. It’s only 7 and mission accomplished.

I can’t wait to show Taeyeon the achievement I’ve done. I hope it’ll make her happy. The time went so slow with just me around the house, I’m already done doing my laundry but there’s still so much time before Taeyeon comes home. I’m almost tempted to wake Seohyun up so she can entertain me with her squeaky voice.

So to get myself out of boredom I reached for my school bag and took my books. For the first time in my life, I opened a book outside of class. I can’t understand a damn thing. Maybe it’s because I’ve been waking up early that I always ended up asleep in class. Kidding. I’m always sleeping in class ever since I can remember. Classes bore me to death. It’s just a miracle that Chanyeol and I can pass our exams. I remember my parents giving up on me about my studies.

Damn it.

How many weeks has it been since I left home and they’re still not contacting me? My mom is probably crying to my dad to get me home. But I’m 100% sure that my father is being stubborn again and refusing to do so when I’m pretty sure he misses me a lot. I sighed. Thinking about my parents makes me really guilty. I’m sure they’re hurt when I left home. I’m their only son after all. Maybe I should just go home…

The thought just came to me for a second before I remembered the people I’m leaving behind in this house. I shook my head. I’ll just visit my parents and let them know that I’m okay.

I went back to the frustrating lesson at hand and no matter how I read them I still can’t understand a damn thing.

“What’s going on?” I jolted when I heard a familiar voice speak. I instantly jerked my head up. I heard her chuckled.

“Yah. At least knock, will you?”

“This is my house. It’ll be weird to knock at your own house right.”

“That’s just weird if you know that you’re living alone. Who the hell would knock at an empty house? You scared the out of me.” She took of her shoes and neatly placed them at the shoe rack. She’s still laughing while doing so.

“Alright. I’m sorry. I’ll knock next time.” I kept my eyes on her as she walked in and headed straight to the kitchen, placing all the grocery she bought. There’s not much.

All of a sudden, she whipped her head towards me, leaving me flustered as if caught in the act of doing something I’m not supposed to do.

“W-What?”

“Where’s Seohyun?” She asked. Her eyes filled with worry.

But I assured her with my triumphant smile. “She’s already sleeping.”

Her eyes bulged and gaped, it was weird but I’m finding it cute. “Are you serious?”

I nodded enthusiastically. I stood up and walked to the door frame of their room. “See for yourself.”

There was a faint smile on her lips as she walks closer to where I am and into the room where her daughter is sleeping soundly. “You really did it huh?”

“It wasn’t easy. I almost passed out from tiredness before she drowses." Taeyeon chuckled a little before glooming.

“It’s a shame though. My time with her lessen again.”

“Umm… Do you want me not do it anymore?”

“No, no. It’s fine. Sleeping early is good for her.” She said that but it feels like it’s really giving a big amount of sadness to her.

“Anyway, are you studying?” She obviously changed the topic.

“Yeah. You could say that… I can’t understand most of it though so it’s more like… I’m just looking at the letters and numbers.”

“I’ll help you.” She offered t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter