Chapter 12

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry for being disrespectful. My best friend told me that Baekhyun took Seohyun here because he wanted to piss me off.” Taeyeon said while bowing to my mom.

What the hell is Tiffany thinking? She told me that it’s okay. And then she would blame everything on me? Unbelievable.

My mom chuckled a little before saying that is was okay.

“Hey, I think the one you should apologize to is me.” I showed her the cut on my lips. She glared at me before peering apologetically to my mother and then back to glaring at me. I smirked.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“What did you say?” I can’t hide the amusement in my face as she continuously glared at me.

My mom patted my leg. “Stop that. You already heard her.”

We went back to seating on the couch when Taeyeon finally calm down. The embarrassment dawned to her when my mom reached for her hand to introduce herself. Mrs. Nam went back to give us sliced fruits and refreshments. Taeyeon bowed to her as well after giving her a smile.

“Oh my god, she looks like her daughter.” My mom squealed while shaking my legs.

Taeyeon’s face blushed once more.

Cute.

“You really have to stay here. I would love to be with Seohyun a bit more and also get to know you better.” I almost hugged my mom to death for bringing this topic up.

“No, I can’t… I…” She looked at me and then back to my mom. “If this is some kind of payment for allowing your son…”

"No, no, no. Oh my god no. It’s true that I’m thankful for what you did for my son, but I invited you here for a completely different reason.” She looked at my mom in confusion.

I’m not really sure about what’s she’s talking about as well. Maybe it’s because of Seohyun. My mom is a cute-kid addict.

“Not only me. My husband also wants to meet you. I’m sure he’ll be happy to let you stay here for the weekend.”

“No ma’am. Not to be rude but it’ll be uncomfortable for me to stay here. I mean, we barely knew each other and…”

“That’s why you’ll have to stay here so we can get to know each other well.” Taeyeon remained silent. I can tell that she doesn’t want to be here. Though I know, I won’t let her go.

“Besides, it’ll be convenient for us if you stay here for the weekend. We can practice all we want.” She glared at me. Isn’t she getting tired of doing that?

“Practice?” My mom poked me.

“Oh yeah, I haven’t told you… I will be singing in some school activity with Taeyeon.”

My mom along with Mrs. Nam gasped in surprise. My mom covered . Her eyes started to glisten. “You will be participating in a school activity?” She hugged me tightly.

I looked at Taeyeon and she was staring at us. A small smile crept on her lips. I suddenly felt embarrassed. “Mom, it’s not a big deal.”

My mom chuckled and pulled away from me. She looked towards Taeyeon’s direction. “You really have to stay here Taeyeon. Please. Baekhyun never participated in anything since I can remember… He changed so much, and I think I know why…” She looked at me and I raised my brows in confusion. What is she talking about? “Please Taeyeon. What do I have to do to make you stay?”

I got to say… My mom really has a great convincing power. No one could say no to her if she wanted to.

“Okay. I… We’ll stay.” Taeyeon smiled. This time it’s not forced. It’s her smile, the honest smile.

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for staying here… I mean, to practice.” I said to her as I guided her to my room.

No, she’s not sleeping in my room of course. No matter how I love the idea. We’re just going to take Seohyun and transfer her to the guest room where they will be staying for the weekend.

“I can’t say no to your mom.”

“Yeah, no one can.” I laughed and I heard her chuckle a bit. My heart thumped.

“Your mom is really kind. She really loves you. No wonder you’re so spoiled.”

“Hey, I’m not spoiled anymore. I really matured you know.”

“Yeah, congratulation.” She sarcastically said.

Being able to talk to her like this… Thanks mom. I swear I’ll never be a bad boy again.

We arrived in my room, and as soon as she saw Seohyun she hugged her. She looked at me.

“Don’t pull this kind of stunt ever again. I’ll hit you more than that if you kidnapped Seohyun again.”

Ohhh. Sounds like a challenge I’m willing to take. I smiled.

“It’s because she was crying when I’m about to leave. It’s not my fault that I’m weak to Seohyun’s tears.”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s because you showed your face there. That’s why I told you not to come.”

“Just admit it. It’s because you kicked me out that’s why she’s crying. I bet she hated you for it.”

Her eyes widen and momentarily dropped. “She would never hate me okay.”

“Don’t be so sure. When I told her the reason why you kicked me out, she’ll side with me, because you’re reason is bogus.”

She blushed. “You… Don’t bring that up. You’re an idiot. I did that to help myself.”

“You’re so selfish. And you’re the idiot. How can you look to someone else and see them as a completely different person?”

Okay, my argument is stupid since I sometimes see her when I’m making out with Hyuna.

“Shut up. Why are you making this about me? We’re talking about you and you taking my daughter against her will.” I smiled. She’s too adorable evading the topic about her stupidity.

“Against her will? She was the one who wanted to come with me, because she misses me.” I walked closer to her, too close, because now I was towering over them. I touched Seohyun’s head.

“And I really, really miss her as well.” I said that but my eyes are looking straight at Taeyeon’s eyes. Her breath suddenly hitched, and her cheeks started to redden.

“If you spoil her, she’ll get used to you and she’ll always want you around.” She breaths out the word slowly and it’s making my heart go crazy inside.

My eyes started to wonder around her face. Her eyes, her nose until all I could focus is her slightly parted lips. I looked back into her eyes and unexpectedly she was looking at my lips as well before meeting my eyes. Still holding her gaze, I leaned closer and to my surprise she was doing the same. I can feel the hot air coming out of and it’s making me high.

Closer, just a bit closer and our lips were finally going to close its gap. But before that happen, the door banged open startling both of us. Like magnets with the same colors we just shot away from each other.

“D-Dad.” I greeted him with an awkward smile. My face is totally on fire right now.

“Umm. Sorry. I just want to see your guests.” His smile is really forced.

Maybe to interrupt, I mean see your son doing something he wanted to do for a long time is really awkward.

“Oh yeah. Dad, this is Taeyeon.” I looked at her.

Her cheeks and ears and… okay her whole head is red. I wanted to touch her so much and feel how hot she must be feeling.

I cleared my throat. “And the kid is her daughter Seohyun.”

My dad finally got passed his awkward state and walked towards us to give Taeyeon an affectionate hug. Taeyeon looked at me and I gave her a nod. My dad’s just like that. He’s almost like a mom except his bald and he had a beard.

“My wife told me that you’re staying for the weekend…”

“Ah yes. I’m sorry for the intrusion.”

“No, you’re not intruding. Make yourself at home.” Taeyeon bowed to him and he laughed. “It’s a shame that the kid’s already asleep. My wife also told me that she’s adorable.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter