Chapter 6

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was expecting to come in inside a dark room. I was expecting for everyone to be asleep. And I was really expecting to be ignored once again by Taeyeon because of my irrational outburst this morning. But what is this? The lights are still on, there’s food on the table and there’s a really worried person in front of me.

I’m so happy I feel like crying.

“I can eat on my own. Go to sleep already.” I’m an idiot. Why am I acting this way? I should be thanking her.

“No, I’ll wait for you to finish. I have to clean those dishes after you eat.”

“I can clean them on my own.” She chuckled a bit.

“Sorry. I’m not taking any chances of you breaking my dishes.”

“Well, sorry for being useless.” I soured out.

She hit me lightly by the shoulder and smiled widely. “I’m joking.”

I rolled my eyes at her and took the spoon and started digging on the food she prepared. As always, it has the best taste in the world. Better that my mom’s cooking.

Actually, I already ate at Chanyeol’s place, but she prepared this food for me and I don’t want to waste her effort.

“Baekhyun.” I peered at her and hum in response, my mouth still full.

“Did I make you think you were useless in this house? Is that why you left this morning?”

Well, I certainly think how useless I was this morning but that’s not really the reason why I left. In truth, I also don’t know why I wanted to get out of the house that time. I just looked at her not knowing what to say.

“You’re not useless.” She said in a serious voice while staring directly at me. My heart started to beat faster only to momentarily stop when she gave me that warm smile. “At least not on this house.”

I can feel the blood rushing into my cheeks, and I started to dig in again into the food to hide the obvious reddening of my face. “What are you blabbering about? I didn’t leave because of that.”

“Oh. It’s not? Well, I just thought… Then why? Is it because of Sehun?” I stopped from eating and quickly retort.

“No.”

She didn’t buy it. She must have felt how irritated I was with the guy, considering how rude I was talking to him.

“Well, he’s a good guy and I know you’ll like him someda…”

“Please Taeyeon, can you not? I don’t like the guy and that’s supposed to be okay.”

“But you’re my friend, and I want you to like my friend as well, it’s only natural.”

I deeply sighed. “This is making me irritated…Taeyeon, I don’t really want to raise my voice again to you since you mean no harm with your suggestions but I really hate it when people are forcing me to do things. So, would you please just drop it?”

She looked a little down and damn I feel so guilty once again. Why do I always make her face look so sad? I finished the last food on the table and thank her after. She didn’t say much after a slight nod and collected the plates before me. She silently went to the sink and started washing the plates that I used. Take note ‘I used’.

“Let me help you with that.” I offered once I close the gap and push her lightly to the side so that we’re sharing the sink.

“No, I can do this on my own. There's only a few anyway.”

“I want to help.” I said and took the sponge from her and started wiping the dirty plates. I heard her soft laughter and just like that I felt good again.

“What?” I asked. She took the plate away from my hand and opened the tap to let the water flow through the plate.

“You have to rinse the dirt first. It’ll be easier to wash this way.” I looked at my sponge filled with grains and rinsed it with the water as well and then she handed me the plate and let me wash it for the second time. This time bubbles started to form from the sponge. I looked at her with a triumphant smile and she laughed.

“Here.” She handed me another plate while I passed her the plates that I washed at the same time for her to rinse. I was smiling the whole time because for the first time I helped her with something, and I think I also made her happy at some point because she was smiling as well.

“I knew I was a fast learner.” I said after we are done with the dishes. She laughed again at my boastfulness.

“What? It’s true.”

“I know, but it’s washing plates. It’s nothing to be brag about. It’s rather embarrassing to only learn how to wash dishes at your age.” She laughed and I pushed her lightly which caused her to laugh even more.

“Just go sleep already. It’s late.”

“Okay, okay. Goodnight.” She said. I followed her with my eyes as she walked towards their room.

“Taeyeon.” I said unprepared of what I’ll say next. She stopped and looked at me. “Next time teach me how to do the other chores… so I wouldn’t be embarrassing next time.” She smiled my favorite smile of her, before answering.

“Sure.”

“And…” She stopped closing the door. “Thank you… for waiting for me.”

“Anytime.”

 

 

 

“Stop. You’re putting way too much powder.” Taeyeon shouted after snatching the laundry powder out of my hand.

How can I not? My eyes are practically close while pouring them to my dirty clothes. “Why do I have to wake up early just to do this? It’s Sunday for crying out loud.” I said groggily.

“You’re the one who said you wanted to learn household chores so you wouldn’t be an embarrassment.”

“I know… But… What the hell! I slept like 1 in the morning and you expect me to wake after 3 hours?”

“Stop being a baby. I slept at the same time and it’s not 3 hours it’s 5. It’s already 6 in the morning. I was the one who slept for only 3 hours. I already finished washing our clothes and preparing breakfast.” She pointed at the dirty laundry. “These are all yours.”

“Then I can do it later. Why do I have to do this now?”

“So that you can finish early and do the things you wanted to do later.” I groaned and scratch my hair in irritation.

“Just stop complaining and start washing those. Look, I separated all your clothes.”

“Separated?”

“From your white shirt, to your colored shirt, and underwear and jeans.”

“Wai… What? Y-You looked through my underwear?” I stammered. The heat is now creeping up my cheeks.

“What are you being so shy for? You’re a week too late for that. Didn’t you wonder how you always wore clean underwear every day?”

“Oh my god. I’m going to faint.” She laughed out loud and patted my shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s just a piece of cloth, like a shirt but smaller.”

“Oh .” I groaned in my hand. My face is now feeling really, really hot.

“Come on. I don’t mind.”

“But I do! How can you wash the underwear of a guy that is not even your husband’s… Ah … What am I saying? Just don’t wash my clothes from now on okay?”

“Okay drama king. Just wash your clothes properly so that I won’t wash them myself from now on. And… close the tap already before you flood the sink again.”

“Argh. Just why is this sink so small?” I did what she said.

“You complain so much. Just start washing already.”

At 7 sharp we finished all my dirty laundry. It was all thanks to Taeyeon that we finished so fast. In the end she was the one who wash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter