Chapter 1

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve never thought I’d be in the same table with Kim Taeyeon’s ever. I’ve never particularly notice her in class, but I do know that she’s a well-rounded student. Top student in class, loved by teachers and admired by students. I guess you could say that she’s an epitome of a model student. You can’t say that she’s a geek because… Well, no one called her as one even though she would perfect every exam. And even though I didn’t notice before she’s quite a looker. And her figure is not bad as well. But who would’ve thought that little miss perfect has a huge flaw?

“Is that kid really yours? I mean… came out of you and all?”

She glared at me, her eyes still red and puff from crying so much and I raised my hands in defense.

“Yes, I gave birth to her. Her name is Seohyun.” I tried to be casual and nodded my head, but I guess curiosity is written all over my face.

“So, you have a child.”

“I know what you’re thinking, but I’m not a .”

I choked and her boldness. “I-I didn’t think you were a at all.”

But it did actually pass by my mind. What would I think? Being and being a can be the only reason behind this… and stupidity as well.

There was a moment of silence after that. She was still looking intently at me while her daughter on her milk bottle silently on the side.

“How old is she?” I tried to ease the pressure she’s sending me.

“She’s two.”

Oh, I was right. By estimating Taeyeon’s age I guess she gave birth to her at the age of 15. Seriously. That’s too young. Maybe that’s one of the reasons she can carelessly lost her child in a crowded place.

“What are you thinking?” She said in a straight face again.

“Ah, nothing.” I scratch the back of my neck. This is really awkward for me and I don’t really want to stick around much longer. “I think it’s time for me to leave.” I said in a whisper as I started rising from my seat.

“Wait.” She started and that got me back on sitting once again. She’s looking everywhere but me, like she’s contemplating on what to say. “N-Nothing.” She heaved a sigh and grimaced a little. I knitted my brow but didn’t pry.

“Okay, so I’m going to leave.” I stood up one again and really started to head for the door.

It was a cold afternoon. I think it’s a good thing I’m living in a sauna. Augh, but the thought of going back there and eating the same food again and again is just… augh.

I was just about to cross the road when someone yanked the hood of my jacket. I almost curse but not after I see who did it.

“Taeyeon.”

“Please keep this a secret from everyone.” She said after taking a deep breath. She was carrying her sleeping daughter in her arms.

“Sure.” I said automatically. It’s not like I plan to tell anyone in the first place. I mean, it’s not my business and it’s her life to be knocked up at 15. I think it’s really pitiful.

She was just staring at me, looking worried for a minute and then in a second, I answered her face lit up and delight and she smiled. And for a few seconds I was just dazzled at her beautiful smile.

“Thank you for finding her and keeping this secret.” She bowed at me and I did the same. She didn’t even wait for my reply. She just turned around and left me dazed in the street.

 

 

It was Monday and for some reason I woke up earlier than the usual. I headed out for school right away and man this feels weird. I usually run to get to class and barely make it to first period but now I’m walking casually because I got so much time before the first bell rings.

When I got to school there are only a few students around. Some of them are giving me weird faces. I guess everyone knows my reputation.

“Do my eyes deceive me?” I heard from behind and I already know who it is before turning around.

Yup. It’s Chanyeol. My giant best friend.

“Baek, what’s going on? Are you possessed? What are you doing here at this time?”

“You said it like it’s a bad thing. And I’m not possessed. You looked possessed.” He laughed and flung his hand over my shoulder.

“But seriously, what’s going on? Did you finally clean your ears and actually heard your alarm clock?”

“Shut up. I just woke up early okay, no big deal.”

“Dude, I think it’s a great deal. Look at the people who are always watching you run from every classroom window because you’re always late, now they’re gaping in disbelief. Is this permanent or those once in a lifetime kind of thing, because if it is let’s take a picture.” He said and then he pulled his phone out and pulled me closer to him next. I was struggling to get away when I saw someone walking towards us. I stopped moving, Chanyeol did too when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter