Chapter 5

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment I woke up a searing pain traveled through my head.

Damn hangover.

I turned to my left and saw boxes piled up.

Then I turned to look at the ceiling. It looked different.

And when I turned to my right, I saw a bed.

Oh yeah. I slept here last night because I puke all over the floor in the living room. And then… My heart just started to beat fast once again when I remembered what happened after that.

We kissed.

What do I do? How am I supposed to face Taeyeon now? Hey, wait… it’s not my fault. She was the one who kissed me. She was the one who pulled me towards her lips. Her soft… warm lips. God! What’s going on?

“Heart.” I mouthed as I pressed my chest hard. “Stop acting crazy.”

I took a couple of deep breaths before slowly sitting up and peering to the bed beside me. Huh? They’re not here. I laid back down once more and release a deep sigh of relief.

“Good thing she’s not here. I think I would die if I saw her sleeping face again.” I knitted my brow.

Why would I die? Calm down Baekhyun. You’re just being nervous that’s all. Wait a minute… I rose again from the floor and looked at the bed beside me.

“They’re not here.” Even Seohyun. Where are they?

I got out of the mattress and into the living room. They’re not here as well. I checked the bathroom as well but there’s still no sign of them. I went back to the room and took my phone. It’s only 6 am. Where could they be this early in the morning? Don’t tell me she left after realizing what she did to the innocent me? Of course, what reason could there be? She’s feeling guilty of what she’s done. Come on, that’s not a good reason to leave. She should at least explain to me.

I was about to rush out when I realized that my theory is crazy. She wouldn’t leave home. All their belongings are still in here. And where else can a poor girl with a child go without any belongings. But where are they. I can’t help but be worried. We’re roommates after all.

I was about to go out and look for them when I heard noises in the front door.

“You can put her down. We’re here already.” I heard Taeyeon said from behind the door.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind.” A guy replied.

What the hell? A guy? She’s with a guy this early in the morning? When I heard the door clicked, I hurriedly ran to the room and jump on the mattress from where I was sleeping. I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping. Thinking back, I guess I’m often pretending to be asleep in this house.

“Oppa. We’re home.” Seohyun shouted. I can’t help but smile. There was a minute of silence after that. I’m guessing that the guy was not expecting someone to be at home.

“My cousin… You know, the guy from before.”

Bingo.

“He’s still here?”

“Ah…yes.”

“So you lied when I asked you before if that guy was still around?”

Who the hell is this guy? Why does it concern him if someone is living on Taeyeon’s house?

“W-What? I didn’t lie. I didn’t even answer that question.”

“I should have known that you can’t kick him out by yourself. Don’t worry I’ll do it for you.”

Did he just say he’ll kick me out? My eyes were still tightly shut and so is my fist.

“W-What?”

“Seohyun, get down first, oppa is going to help mommy kick your unwelcome relative out.”

“Don’t say something like kick someone out to my daughter.”

“Where is he?”

“Hey, are you listening?”

“Where is he Taeyeon?”

“Sehun…”

“Did he go out?”

“I-I think he’s still sleeping.”

“What? Where?... Oh my god Taeyeon, are you sleeping on the same room with him?”

“A-Are you crazy? T-This is just a onetime thing. He puked all over here last night and he had nowhere to sleep.”

I shook my head in embarrassment. Why must she tell that?

“Why? Was he drunk last night?”

“We both are… … Why am I telling you this? Stop asking me already.”

“Then I won’t ask anymore.” The guy said in a serious tone and the next thing I knew there’s a loud thud in the door and I raised in shock, completely forgetting that I had to act like I just woke up.

“So, you’re already up.” The guy from before now stood in front of me. Taeyeon was looking worried behind him.

“Yeah. Thanks to the noise you’re making.” He scoffed before walking closer to me and leaned forward to grab my shirt and yanked me upright.

“Listen here kid… Smart- kid is the kind that really pisses me off. So, I think it’s better if you shut your trap and just listen to what your hyung is going to say to you.”

I grabbed his wrists and swoop his hands away from my collar. “Hyung? Are you kidding me? I don’t know you dude. And I don’t intend to listen to a thing you say.”

“Baekhyun!” Taeyeon raised her voice a little and she now glaring at me.

“What? Who the hell is this guy anyway?”

“Why don’t you just ing shut up and listen to what I have to say.”

“Again, with this ‘listen to me’ bull?”

“Baekhyun! Sehun! Both of you stop this already.” She walked towards Seohyun and cradled her in her arms. “Those words are not allowed to be used in this house. And if you two don’t stop it right now I’m kicking you both out of this house.”

“Mom, don’t kick them.” Taeyeon heaved a sigh and closed her eyes for a moment. “I’m sorry baby. Of course, I won’t kick them. Kicking is bad.” She gave her a nervous laugh and if it weren’t for this Sehun guy standing between us I would’ve myself.

“Sehun-oppa I’m hungry.” Seohyun piped, getting the man’s attention away from me. Sehun walked towards the mother and child and took Seohyun from Taeyeon’s arm. Seohyun hugged him tightly by neck while Taeyeon wiped some sweat off her back.

From a stranger’s point of view, they look like a family, and that’s how it actually look like to me since at the moment I’m the stranger.

“I’m sorry. I was just trying to help.” I heard the guy whispered.

“Well, it’s not helping. I told you not to use those words around Seohyun.”

“That’s why I’m apologizing aren’t I? What do you want to eat? I’ll cook anything you like.” Taeyeon didn’t reply and just gave the guy a heart-stopping smile with matching light blushes on her cheeks.

The hell? Does she like him? Wait… Is he Seohyun’s father? Then who was the man in the picture? And who the hell is Luhan? That’s what she clearly whispered before she… Never mind. I haven’t asked anything to Taeyeon yet and not knowing anything about her is surprisingly irritating.

 

 

I was left unattended by everyone since the bastard Sehun started to cook breakfast for everyone. Taeyeon helped him of course and they look like a newlywed couple cooking for their children and that children were Seohyun and me. Seohyun was on the table beside me minding her own business and because of lack of television I was now engaged at looking at those two in the kitchen. I can’t even stop myself from looking. They’re both pissing me off, especially Taeyeon and how she constantly smiles and laugh around that guy.

Hey girly, you just kissed me yesterday. Stop pretending like nothi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter