Chapter 10

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can feel that all of us are in a state of panic especially the girl beside me. I felt her tightening her hold on Seohyun’s hand.

“So?” Hyuna crossed her hands around herself.

“Um... Hyuna this is...”

“That’s Taeyeon’s sister.” Chanyeol said while placing his arm on my shoulders. I gulped as I looked at Hyuna. Her stance was the same as before.

“Really? I didn’t know that Taeyeon had a sister.”

“None of us knows. We also got surprised by the revelation.” It was Chanyeol again.

“Then why are you carrying her sister oppa? And why are you with her in the first place?”

“That’s because...”

“I’m not asking you. Can you stop butting in?” Hyuna finally snapped at Chanyeol. He dropped his hands from me and moved a step back.

“Well?” She urged me to answer.

“Umm. We just bump into them and she’s carrying the kid. I just helped a little.” My heart is beating so fast from panicking. I can say the same to Taeyeon. I know she doesn’t like lying and conflict and the way Hyuna was eyeing her just screams incoming conflict.

“Are we still going or not?” Tiffany said, it’s obvious that she’s a little irritated.

Hyuna raised a brow. “Where are you going?”

“We...”

“I said stop answering for oppa.” She looked at me.

“We...umm. Chanyeol suggested that we go to the karaoke bar. You know...since it’s too early to head home.” She just looked at everyone for a second before fixing her gaze at me.

“Okay. Can I come?” I heard Tiffany groaning from behind. Hyuna glared at her. “Why? I can’t? Come on. I’ll feel uneasy if you go without me.” She pouted a little as she grabbed the hem of my shirt and tugged it. “I almost thought you were cheating on me.” She looked at Taeyeon’s direction and then back at me.

What am I going to do?

I was still thinking when I felt Seohyun being pulled out of my arms.

“I’ll take her.”

“No. It’s fine.”

“Just... I’ll just take her home.”

“What? I thought you also wanted to go to the karaoke bar?”

“Well... I changed my mind.” She glared at me and hugged Seohyun a little tighter.

“I didn’t know you two we’re close.” I’m starting to be annoyed by her voice.

“We are not. He’s just being... helpful.” She looked at her back and gestured something to Tiffany and she as well started to turn back.

What the ? Are they going to leave? I was about to go to pull her back when Chanyeol suddenly did what I had to do but to completely different person. He pulled Tiffany back.

“Hey don’t go. I wanted to sing with you at the karaoke bar.” Chanyeol shamelessly said causing Tiffany to blush. She looked at Taeyeon for help and she just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. She’s clearly amused by her friend’s embarrassed face. It’s as though she forgot that she wanted to go home. I sighed in relief.

Suddenly, I felt someone’s arm around mine. “Let’s go. The more the merrier right?” Hyuna started walking while pulling me.

I looked at the people behind me to see if they are still following or if they decided to leave me and my annoying girlfriend alone. They followed. Chanyeol who was grinning forcefully at me was now carrying Seohyun, something I hate seeing. Tiffany walked beside him with her ‘that’s your girlfriend look’ of disgust, something I also hate seeing. And lastly Taeyeon, who was looking to anything but me. One of the things I most absolutely hated seeing.

“So, since when did you start hanging out with Taeyeon after class?” I almost groaned from irritation. Can’t you stop? I wanted to say but forcefully halted myself.

“I don’t, this is the first time I’m hanging out with her after class and it’s because Chanyeol invited her.”

Well, I didn’t lie about that. Now, that I think about it. This is really the first time hanging out with her after school. I sighed involuntarily because this happens because of Chanyeol. Thanks man.

“It’s weird hanging out with your friend with a sister, right? As I thought, she’s a little weird.”

What’s weird about that? I think it’s really sweet of her to let her daughter come to places that could make them both happy. I remained silent. Keep calm down ‘Me’.

“Oppa, you’re not interested in her right?” I almost stopped walking. Almost. I looked at her, I can feel my eyes are as wide as it gets.

“What are you talking about?” I leaned close to her and whisper-shout that question. She took the chance of having a close proximity to peck a kiss on my lips. I blinked. She gave me a triumphant smile.

“Of course, you’re not. A girl like her wouldn’t hike up your interest. And besides you already have me.” She kissed my lips again before started looking forward. I stood straight after that. I peered a little behind me, a little embarrassed.

There it is, Chanyeol’s toothy grin, Tiffany’s disgusted look and Taeyeon’s interested look on anything but me. Yeah, what was I expecting? A jealous look from her? She’s not even interested in me. And besides, she just cried about some other guy yesterday and she’s still a little coo coo about her dead boyfriend.

Don’t expect any reaction from her Baek. Just focus on your hot girlfriend who’s pressing her shamelessly in your arm.

 

 

 

 

When we arrived at the music house, we rented a room good enough for all of us. Hyuna never left my side except when she had to sing.

Chanyeol and Tiffany continued flirting with each other the whole time. Most of the idiot’s songs are dedicated to Tiffany. Is he that interested? Tiffany’s older than her. Well, not that I complain since Taeyeon is just about the same age. I shook my head. That doesn’t imply to anything.

They also did a bunch of duet love songs, which almost made me puke because I’m not used at seeing my best friend like that. Plus, Tiffany’s almost childish act around him. Yeah, a puke-worthy performance.

Hyuna poured out her craziness when she’s performing. Dancing wild like there’s not a kid in sight. Tiffany didn’t hide her irritation especially when Chanyeol shows that he’s enjoying the show. I saw him being hit at one time.

Throughout the time I sat there, I was waiting for Taeyeon to sing. She looks like she really enjoyed watching everyone sing. I thought she was going to sing when she took the remote and press a bunch of digits, but I thought wrong because when the music starts, she handed the mic to Seohyun.

Though a little disappointed, I enjoyed watching the little girl sing. Everyone did, big smiles are plastered on their faces, and even Hyuna can’t stop squealing from the little girl’s adorable squeaky voice. For a kid, she already has a lovely voice. You can tell that when she grew up it’ll be more beautiful. This leads me to anticipate more in hearing Taeyeon sing. Her child probably got that talent from her.

Everyone in class heard Taeyeon sing. Everyone but me. The thought of being the only left out is irritating, but I think it irritated me more that everyone knows something about her that I don’t. I kind of felt like I should be ahead of anyone when it comes to Taeyeon.

I felt my heart swells and my face heated. I took a drink to cool myself. What was that possessive attitude just now? I shook my head a bit harshly because apparently that’s an unnecessary thought.

I was pulled out off my inner turmoil when I felt Hyuna yanking me towards the cen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter