Chapter 22

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel like I didn’t get enough sleep last night. After the talk I had with Tiffany, it was nearly impossible to even close my eyes. My mind was just highly active from thinking about a certain man. And my heart was beating like crazy on top of that. Who would get sleep from that? It’s like I drank 10 cups of espresso. And in my short hour of sleep I was dreaming about him, so I’m not sure if I was actually sleeping or just thinking about him while my eyes are close.

I feel very exhausted just walking to school, if it weren’t for the student’s presentation, I would have taken an absent today. And maybe avoid the reason for my sleepless night.

How am I going to face him today?

 

 

The moment I reached the school gate, I saw a crowd of girls around a familiar figure. Oh Sehun. My mind can’t process all the shenanigans in my life and here comes another one. What is he doing here? I can’t deal with him right now.

I tried to lower my head and walked fast to be unnoticeable. But as soon as felt a hand pulled me, I knew I failed.

I was surprised by the bouquet of flower in front of my me. I heard the crowd of girls shrieked with excitement.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun said hiding from the bouquet of pink lilies and red roses. “I hope you do well in your singing today. Well, I know you’re going to do well.”

I took the bouquet and gave it a sniff. They smell nice and they’re so pretty. It did lift my mood. But the unwanted attention is too much. So, I said my thanks and started to walk away.

“Taeyeon.” He said walking up beside me. “Can we talk?”

“No. I have things to do.” I said, not looking at him.

“Please. I’m really sorry.”

“I know. And I forgive you.”

“Then could you stop walking and talk to me properly?” He’s starting to raise his voice.

I stopped and looked at him. From a distance, I can still the crowd of girls looking at us. Most of them are the girls in my class.

“I said I forgive you. I accepted the flower. What more do you want? Look.” I said tilting my head to the crowd behind us. “You know that I don’t want this kind of attention in my class.”

“I know. But I feel so guilty about what I did to you. I want to make a proper apology, but you’re just brushing it off like it never happened. I don’t want that.”

“Sehun…”

“TAEYEON!!!” Both Sehun and I looked at familiar voiced that sounded like he swallowed a freaking amplifier. Chanyeol was waving his hand like a maniac and his toothy smile was apparent even from afar. As he was coming closer, the figure following him was starting to become recognizable.

It was suddenly hard for me to breathe. All the happenings from last night came rushing in my mind like a whiplash.

Me, trying to kiss Baekhyun, and him evading it.

Baekhyun’s butterfly kisses all over my face.

Baekhyun saying he wants to kiss me.

I feel like I’m going to die soon. Out of embarrassment and because of him just coming closer and closer.

. I once again instinctively hide behind Sehun. What am I going to do? I wasn’t prepared to face him yet. I haven’t thought of what I was going to say to him. I should run away before it’s too late.

“Taeyeon. Why are you hiding behind Sehun-hyung?”

Too late.

Sehun shifted to look down on me, and when he did, I was also revealed to the one person I’m hiding from.

Just from our eyes meeting, I can feel myself getting weak. Every part of my body is pulsating. I think my face is turning red, it feels hot. Am I going to pass out? This is bad. I should look away, but I can’t.

“Please, stop looking at me.” I blurted out like an idiot while staring straight into his eyes. Please, Mother Earth, just swallow me now.

He coughed in the back of his hand, obviously feigning his laughter, and then looked up to me with a smile. This bastard is trying to kill me. He then looked at Sehun.

“Taeyeon and I need to warm up for our song. So, if you don’t mind, I need to take her with me.” He suddenly took my hand and pulled me closer to him. Many different emotions came rushing in the contact. I really feel like I’m going to faint.

“We’re not finish talking.” Sehun took my other hand, the one holding the bouquet and pulled me to his side. Sehun glared at Baekhyun, and the latter did the same.

“I’m sure it’s nothing important.” He tugged me to his side. That kind of hurt a little.

“Actually, it’s very important.” Sehun pulled me back. Okay, that really hurt just now.

“Guys, I think you’re hurting Taeyeon.” Chanyeol intervened but none of the two let go.

“Hear that? You’re hurting her. Let go.” Baekhyun pulled again.

“You let go.” Sehun wouldn’t budge.

I can see the girls from afar coming closer. This is one of the most embarrassing things that ever happen to me. And these two idiots are making a scene. I tried my hardest to pull my hand from their strong hold. They let go at the same time.

I have two options in my mind. And I choose the easiest way out of this situation.

“Baekhyun.” I said as I fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter