Chapter 4

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment I heard the doorknob clicked I dropped my head on the table and pretended to be asleep. Seohyun slapped me a couple of times before we heard the door open and she ran towards it.

“Mama. You’re here.”

“Seohyun I missed you.” She laughed and I heard faint sound of kisses.

“Did you eat already?”

“I ate chicken. It was delicious.” I heard a deep sigh from Taeyeon.

“Is he…”

“He just dropped. When I hit him he doesn’t move?” Taeyeon chuckled.

Are they talking about me?

“Seohyun. Don’t hit people who are sleeping. That’s bad okay.”

“Okay… mama look.”

“What’s this? Wow, you can draw people. Who taught you?”

“Oppa.”

“Ah, okay.” She sounded uninterested.

“You drew so many. You’re really good. This one’s pretty.”

“That’s Seohyun. This is omma and this is oppa.” There was a moment of silenced followed that. All I heard was the shuffling of the papers. I was tempted to peek at her, but I held myself in.

“Seohyun, do you want me to read you another story?”

“Yes.” The girl chimed.

“Let’s go to the room.”

 

 

 

It’s been hours and I can still hear them laughing. What the hell? Seohyun should be asleep by now. Its way pass her bedtime. And she’s also a kid. She needs lots of sleep.

Another minute pass before the house is completely engulfed with silence. I was leaning against the wall and playing on my phone when I heard their door slowly open.

“Is she finally asleep?” Taeyeon jumped to the side so suddenly causing her to knock on the door frame. She winced.

“What are you doing?”

“It’s your fault. I got surprised.” She rubbed her arms and then made her way to the sink.

I watched her get a glass of water from the fridge.

“What are these?” She whispered, just well enough for me to hear. “You brought beer…and soju in house?”

I walked towards her and pushed her slightly to the side. “Oh, they’re cold. Do you want to drink?”

She gaped at me and I suppress the urged to laugh. “Come on, were not minors here. I know you’ve drunk before. Besides, I really bought this because I want to drink with you. Like what friends do.”

She knitted her brow. I thought she was going to smack me with her glass because she’s gripping it too hard but then she stood up and walked towards the table.

“I haven’t had a drink in a long time. I kind of missed it.” She smiled at me for the first time since the last time and I thought I was about to jump for joy.

 

I can’t help smiling while preparing the alcohols and the food. As soon as I placed them on the table she immediately took a can of beer, opened it and gulped it down . I can tell just by looking that this girl can really drink. I took one for myself and drank it cautiously unlike she did.

“I’m sorry.” I pushed a way the beer can off my mouth when I heard her. I looked at her and she’s staring at her beer and playing with the lid.

“I said too much that time. I barely know you and I still have the guts to lecture you. I’m sorry. I won’t–.”

“Stop.” She shifted her eyes on me. “You shouldn’t apologize. You were right. I’m the one who should be apologizing. Everything you said were true and I got angry because of it…”

“That’s why I’m–.”

“My point is… It was my fault. So, don’t apologize.”

“But… It wasn’t my place to say those thi–.”

“It just shows that you cared about me right? You scolded me because you care right?” She blushed beet red and was about to retort but I raised my hand in halt before she did. “I’d like to think of it that way.”

She took another gulped of beer before glaring at me. “You really like to do whatever you want.”

I nodded my head and laughed while at it. She did the same. It’s the first time hearing her laugh in front of me and I actually felt really good to hear that sound.

“So, are we friends now?” She gave me a warm smile that made my heart skip a beat.

“I guess.”

“So, you’re not going to ignore me at school as well?” She thought for a moment.

“I’ll try not to.”

“Yah!” She laughed once again. “What kind of friendship is this if you’re going to ignore me?”

“I’ll talk to you if it’s about the lesson. That’s, fine right?”

“Oh yeah... Why didn’t I think of that before? I should have done that from the beginning.”

“It’s because you’re stupid. All you do is pestering and asking nonessential questions.”

I just laughed at the insult because all that’s in my mind right now is the fact that I can finally have a chance to talk to her at school.

Our conversation shifted from school to home.

“Hey. Isn’t bad for Seohyun to sleep late at night?” I leaned on my arms. I’ve had 3 beers and we’ve shared a bottle of soju. I’m starting to feel a little drunk. But I can’t say the same to Taeyeon. She had the same amount of alcohol as me but she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter