Chapter 16

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the usual time in the morning, feeling well rested. The room was dark and lonely but the feeling in my heart is exceptionally light. Like a big burden finally lifted.

Was it because of my dream? Last night I had a good dream. A wonderful dream. A dream that I thought would never happen, but it did.

I saw him again. My Luhan. The love of my life. The father of my precious child. My everything. He smiled at me again and held my hand. He wiped my tears and told me that he would stay with me. I can’t remember how the dream ended, but I don’t care. What’s important is that I saw him again.

 

 

As a routine, I reached for the space beside me to hold my Seohyun, she’s the source of my strength now and the reason I had to wake up every morning. But then I remembered that she was with Tiffany because I was sick for two days.

Immediately, I sat down, raised my palm to my head and make sure that I am not sick anymore. And to make sure I even checked my own temperature when I saw that there is a thermometer on the table. Seohyun has weaker body than I do, and I won’t take any risk of being sick before I see my baby. It was my fault that she has weak body to begin with.

 

After I was 100 percent sure that I am fine I walked out of the room. Unconsciously, my eyes landed on empty floor which was occupied before by a sleeping figure. My heart felt heavy at the sight of the big space that I’m staring at. Funny because my house is ridiculously small. I shook my head and continued walking out the door.

 

 

 

Tiffany’s mom was the one who opened the door when I knocked. I asked if I could get my daughter and she asked me to come inside the house while I wait. After a minute Tiffany came to the living room with Seohyun sleeping on her arms.

“Are you really feeling okay?” She said while she handed my daughter to me. I hugged her tightly missing the feeling of having her in my arms for the last two days.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said, already ready to leave.

“Are you going to school today?” she asked while following us to the door.

“Of course.” I replied without looking at her. “I have lessons to catch up since I’ve bee absent for two days.”

I heard her snicker. “Like you need some catching up. I bet you already know all your lessons for next week.”

“Next month.” I smiled. She looks confused.

“What?”

“I already know the lesson for next month.”

She laughed. “What a ing nerd.”

“Yah, Seohyun is here.” I glared at her. Seriously, when will she change? I’ve told her many times not to curse it my innocent daughter is around.

“She’s sleeping. It’s not like she’ll hear me.” She said while yawning and stretching her arms upward. “Oh, by the way. Sehun told me that you don’t have to go to work for this week.”

“What? I can’t agree to that. I’ll call him to let him know that I’m fine and I can go to work.” I hurried to my way to the door. Tiffany followed.

“You were just sick until last night. What would happen if you over work again? You’re just going to be sick again and you won’t be able to see Seohyun again. Do you want that?” She placed her hand on my hear and made me stare at her. I shook my head and hugged Seohyun tighter. “Just go home after school and take a lot of rest. Okay?” I nodded then she patted my head lightly. “Good girl.”

 

 

 

The goodbyes in the morning before going to school is always the hardest part. Seohyun would always run to me and grab my leg. She always cries in the morning whenever I go to school. It breaks my heart every time.

Before I even considered not going back to school and just focus my attention to Seohyun. At that time, it felt like it’s just me and her against the world. Even with Tiffany and her mom helping us, I just felt alone with Seohyun.

My Luhan is gone. And I was left alone to raising a baby by myself. I was always being left behind. And I don’t want my baby to feel the way I do so for me at that time, going to school is not an option.

I picked Seohyun up from my leg and hugged her tightly one last time before letting go. “Mommy have to go to school. I need to study and be the best so that Mommy can give you everything you want and need in the future.”

“No, I don’t want you to go. Let’s go inside and play.”

I gave her to Tiffany then she started wailing. “I’ll come home early today, and we can play any game you like.” I hurriedly ran to the gate before I change my mind and just say home for the day.

 

 

When I got out, I saw a familiar car in front of me. The window slid down and I saw Sehun’s head peeking out. “Get in.”

I didn’t think twice before opening the door and sitting on the passenger seat. I can still hear Seohyun’s loud cry and the faster we leave the front gate the better.

“How are you?” He said while he waited for me to secure myself of the seatbelt and then drove.

I looked at the sideview and watch as we were getting far away from the house. “I’m fine.” I said shortly and then looked in his direction. “Thank you for taking care of me last night.”

He nodded his head and smiled feeling proud of himself. I smiled looked down on my hands and smiled as well.

 

Being with Sehun is comfortable. He looks just like Luhan or maybe if he didn’t die young, he would grow up as manly as Sehun. I always smile at that thought.

Sehun is a year younger than us, but he’s more mature than Luhan and when their parents are not around Sehun is the one doing all the responsibilities. Like cleaning and cooking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter