Chapter 21

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanted to touch him, to let myself melt into his body. He was staring at me, like I’m the only thing that mattered. I always love how he looked at me.

This happened before… The day when I went to his house. He told me that he misses Seohyun so much, but I can’t help but feel that he’s saying that to me since he’s staring at me intently. He was checking out all the features of my face and until his eyes landed on my lips.

I don’t know what came over him that time, but I was sure he was going to kiss me. And I anticipated it. I wanted to know how his lips feels on top of mine.

And right now, I’m feeling the same thing.

I wanted to kiss him.

A sprinkle of water shoved me out of my trance. I jolted from surprise. I saw his hands in front of my face, whisking water.

“Stop looking at me like that.” He went back on washing and rinsing the dishes. “Seriously. I don’t know why I can’t read you before when you’re this obvious.”

My face heated. What am I thinking? And what look am I giving him? I touched my face to hide my embarrassment. I forgot that my hands are still covered with bubbles.

“!” My eyes sting. Immediately, I placed my hands under the running water and rinse my face. I was extra careful as I rubbed my eyes. After rinsing, I still can’t open my eyes.

I heard Baekhyun laughed. I felt him rummaging for a few seconds before I felt his hand on my face. I froze.

“You’re so clumsy.” He snickered and I wanted to glare at him so bad, but my eyes still hurt. He wiped my face with a soft handkerchief before guiding me to the small table in the living room, his one hand holding mine and his other rested on my back. I feel like about to faint from all the body contact. He gently pushed me down on the floor to sit. “Just sit here before you hurt yourself.”

I heard him walked away and started finishing the cleaning of the dishes.

In a hurry, I dried my face with the handkerchief that he left on my hand. I gently tried to open my eyes. It still stings but I can finally see.

I stared at him work on the sink. He started humming the song that we’re going to sing tomorrow.

“Just seeing your face and your smile and hearing you laugh… it calms me.”

“Just like magic.”

What did he mean by that? I don’t want to assume things. But to me, it sounded like I’m someone special to him. I shook my head to wipe the crazy thought. No, he just got out of a relationship. Maybe he’s just teasing.

I rested my head on the table. I shouldn’t look at him anymore. The things he does to me just by standing there is driving me insane.

Should I ask him to go home? Seriously, its so much effort to control myself from touching him. I just want to reach out and grab him. Caress his face. Brush my hand along his hair. That would be bad right? I sound like a dirty old man. Am I thirsty? Will I be called a if I wanted to at least hold his hand? I’ve never felt like this before. Even when Luhan was alive. Baekhyun is definitely different from Luhan. He’s dangerous. It’s really scary how he makes me feel. He really should go home. Or else I don’t know what I’m going to do. 

But I don’t want him to leave. I want him to stay here with me. I want to talk about his day. I want to talk about his future plans. I even want to listen to his random stories that doesn’t make much sense. More than the desire to touch him, I want to know him better.

“Are you sleeping?” I heard him say. I raised my head but didn’t looked up to him. I can’t face him.

“Are you okay? Does your eyes still hurt?” He brushed against my hair and tucked it behind my ear. It took so much effort not to lean on his touch. I manage to shake my head.

“Let me see.” He whispered, holding my chin, and turning it to his direction. There’s no escape as I was lock in his gaze. My face started to feel really hot.

He was examining my eyes, but my mine only observed how his lips move. How it forms into a thin line, how it gapes and how his tongue peeks out a little.

I really can’t control my actions as I moved closer wanting to taste those cherry lips.

I was so close on finally capturing his lips when he moved back.

Suddenly, my world just fell apart.

He moved back. He avoided it.

“I’m sorry.” I blurted out. Tears instantly forming on the corner of my eyes, so I had to look away.

I felt embarrassed and hurt. You’re an idiot Kim Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon…” He now held my face with both hands and force me to look at him. The uncontrollable tears finally fell from my eyes.

“I’m sorry, I’m such an idiot. I’m so shameless. How could I do that to you? You just got out of a relationship and you just think of me as a friend… I’m such an idiot for wanting to… even when I know that you would never want to kiss me. I’m sorry.” I wanted the ground to swallow me alive. I don’t want to be here. It hurts being here close to him when I know he doesn’t feel the same way about me.

I felt a soft lip pressed against my forehead, it was rested there for a few seconds before it trailed on my eyelids and then on my cheeks. I was holding my breath the whole time and now I’m feeling lightheaded.

 I slowly opened my eyes and stared at him in wonder. My heart picked up the pace. I can still feel the hot trails of kisses on my face.

“I want to kiss you.” He rested his forehead on mine, our noses are so close its barely touching. I close my eyes as I inhaled his sweet scent, and when I opened my eyes I saw him staring at me. He looked troubled. “I’ve always wanted to kiss you.”

I wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter