Chapter 15

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The way to Taeyeon’s house felt so far and running to get there didn’t shorten the distance.

The moment I heard from the teacher that she’s sick I just wanted to run to where she is. I’m an idiot. If I didn’t miss the class yesterday, I would have been there now taking care of her. Even if she doesn’t want to, I’ll insist.

Man, even though she broke my heart I still care for her. She should have been so lucky to have someone like me loving her. And she still, she can’t see that and blindly love the guy who would never live again. A guy who will never be there for her when she needed him. She’s an idiot.

Well, I’m kind of like her in a way as well. I guess an idiot could only fall for another idiot.

 

 

 

There was a fancy car parked in front of the gate when I arrived. I knew exactly who the car belonged to. I’ve seen it for a couple of times.

"Sehun." I hated the thought that he got here before me. I kept myself from scratching his car. It’s seems too childish to do that.

 

 

I was in the front door and was about to knock when the door on the neighborhood opened. Tiffany walked out with a basin in hand.

“Oh. Baekhyun.” She smiled at me as a greeting, but I can’t return the gesture.

“You can’t come in. She doesn’t want to see you.” My mouth almost dropped from the sudden change in her tone. After a friendly greeting, she would throw me off like a trash. No wonder she’s friends with Taeyeon.

“Why not? What did I do?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t tell me.” She looked at the basin in her hand before looking back at me again. “Why don’t you come to our house and tell me what happen. Seohyun is also there. I’ll just deliver this.”

“But I want to be with her.” I muttered. It’s all the reason I ran here.

“I know. But Sehun’s with her right now. You’ll just make a commotion if you get inside. And Taeyeon wouldn’t want that. She really needs to rest.” I looked back to Taeyeon’s door and thought for a moment if I can really let her stay with that Sehun guy.

“She’s going to be fine. Sehun’s just a friend. Everything’s been clear between them.”

I looked down and slowly walked pass Tiffany. She gave me little pat in the back and whispered “good boy” before going inside Taeyeon’s house.

I stood there for a minute. I really wanted to go inside and see for myself if she’s fine but I didn’t, she needs rest.

 

 

 

When I opened the door toTiffany’s house I immediately saw Seohyun lying on her stomach while writing something on a paper. Tiffany’s mother was just beside her. Seohyun was the first one to notice my presence and her face lit with delight the moment she saw me.

“Oppa.” She rose up and ran towards me. I pick her up the moment she was in reached and gave her a big hug. She hugged me back in return.

“Oppa, you know, mommy is sick.”

“I know. That’s why I’m here.”

“And... And she’s sad. She’s always crying.”

“I’m sorry. I think it’s because of me.” She looked confused as she looks at me. I could only give her a weak smile.

“Would you like to sit?” Tiffany’s mother said and I bowed to her as soon as she went closer to us. She gestured me towards the couch, and I obliged.

“Tiffany-noona said that I should wait for her here.” The old lady only nodded and went to the kitchen to get refreshment.

 

“Oppa? Why are you not sleeping in the house anymore?” I looked at the innocent girl beside me and smiled weakly. “I think mommy will be happy again if you stay.”

Such kind words. I wanted to tell her everything but I’m sure won’t understand so I just nodded my head slightly.

“Let’s go to mom later okay?”

“She’s sick Seohyun. She doesn’t want you to get sick as well that’s why you can’t go see her yet.”

“What about you?”

I sighed and force myself to smile. “I don’t know. I think I’m also not allowed to meet her.”

“Because you’ll get sick too?”

“No, because I think that it’s my fault that’s why she’s sick.” She looked at me again in confusion but didn’t ask any further.

When Tiffany’s mom came with refreshments Seohyun’s attention was diverted.

A moment later, Tiffany finally came.

“How is she?” I said before Tiffany could even take a closer step. She rolled her eyes on me and walked closer to where Seohyun is. She asked her mom to take the girl in her room to play.

“How is she?” I said again. This time more demanding.

“She’s fine.”

“When can I see her? I want to see her.”

“She’s resting. And as I’ve said, she doesn’t want to see you.”

“What did I do?”

“You tell me. I’m sure you did something. She came home crying two days ago.”

I looked down. “I don’t know. She’s so unpredictable. One minute she’s so caring then the next she’s angry at me.”

“You must have done something. That is so unlike her.”

“Maybe she just really hated me. She said that she hated when I laugh, she looks really annoyed when I laugh and there was one time that she said that she hated hearing me sing.” Tiffany nodded but she was looking as confused as I was. “I must have laughed really similar to Luhan. And I bet that the guy must have one hell of a good voice. Not to boast, but I’m pretty confident with my voice.” I smiled because of how cocky I sounded.

Tiffany snorted and I thought she was going to say the same, but she didn’t. “Luhan can’t sing. That guy can’t even carry a tune. And the way you laugh is nothing alike.”

I looked at her in confusion. “Then why? She hated me because of it. She always gets irritated when I laugh, and she said she reminded me of him when I sing so I thought…”

“I don’t really understand what’s going on.”

Both of us remained quiet for a moment before I can’t take it anymore.

“What is Luhan like?” She looked at me for a second before heaving a sigh.

“I really don’t think…”

“Come on Tiffany… You’re the only one I can ask about this besides Taeyeon. I’m sure she wouldn’t tell me even if I asked.”

“That’s why I don’t…”

“Please.” I said with pleading eyes.

She looked troubled but I remained with my stance. “Okay.” She sighed. “I’ll say what I have seen myself. But I’m sure that what I’ve seen in them is only a portion of their love for each other. You see when Taeyeon lost her parents Luhan was the one who made her feel that she was not alone. Taeyeon was very distant to everyone since her parents died until Luhan appeared. I’m not really sure what Taeyeon has seen in him, he’s such a spoiled brat to me at that time. He’s always doing what he wants and always minding someone else’s business. Especially Taeyeon’s.”

I listened as how Luhan first came in contact with Taeyeon. Apparently, the guy is really smart and sports minded. How can Taeyeon see me as such? I’m not good in sports and I’m most especially not good in studying. But the more I listen to Tiffany, the more I compare myself to Luhan. Many of his traits are certainly the things I observed about myself, and his reactions to some situation are definitely the things I would’ve done in my own situation.

Tiffany also showed me pictures when they were high school together. Luhan was always standing beside Taeyeon. It’s either his arms are around her or she’s clinging to him. My heart sank at her happy expression in every picture. He did so many memories with her that’s mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter